Hull City Tigers - Roar, roar, roar.

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Re: Hull City Tigers - Roar, roar, roar.

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:04 pm

They won't though.

Sadly.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:42 am

"Nobody in the world will decide for me how I run my companies, certainly not a few hundred people."
"No, no, no. I will not allow that. Let us establish this - nobody questions my decisions in my business."

Assem Allam.
May the bridges I burn light your way

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:20 pm

Yeah? Well what about football??

FOOT-BALL.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:29 pm

Hull are 10th in the premiership and have signed Jelavic and seemingly are about to spend another £7M on Long. That is down to the money the owner has put in. One might argue that rightly or wrongly having put the money in, it is his club to do with as he likes.

End of the day should their name change I'm sure there will be some unhappy fans but I wonder whether as a whole their fanbase would be happier for the money and being in the premiership with big signings and a potential top ten finish than our fans will be given where we are, inspite of our name and colours being unchanged?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:36 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Hull are 10th in the premiership and have signed Jelavic and seemingly are about to spend another £7M on Long. That is down to the money the owner has put in. One might argue that rightly or wrongly having put the money in, it is his club to do with as he likes.
End of the day should their name change I'm sure there will be some unhappy fans but I wonder whether as a whole their fanbase would be happier for the money and being in the premiership with big signings and a potential top ten finish than our fans will be given where we are, inspite of our name and colours being unchanged?
So when, like us, Hull Tigers are slugging it out once again near the foot of the 2nd division, and they will, will they all feel appeased, or maybe a little bit grubby?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:52 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Hull are 10th in the premiership and have signed Jelavic and seemingly are about to spend another £7M on Long. That is down to the money the owner has put in. One might argue that rightly or wrongly having put the money in, it is his club to do with as he likes.
So when, like us, Hull Tigers are slugging it out once again near the foot of the 2nd division, and they will, will they all feel appeased, or maybe a little bit grubby?
They were like us though really, until he took over.

I guess I'd prefer to live in the world where football tradition was everything, but think that it is slowly but surely being swept away and all those that cling to it along with it. I remember being stunned by MK Dons. I couldn't comprehend it, but it happened and everyone seemingly has just moved on.

I definitely can see both sides. But can't help but feel if someone puts money in, to own a business, and brings it success, you can't begrudge them too much from wanting certain things their own way.......

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:00 pm

MK Dons are different, Wimbledon were homeless and bunking around ground sharing.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:04 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote: They were like us though really, until he took over.
You reckon? I'd say that at that point the roles were reversed. Only, the bloke bankrolling us when we were signing Anelka and what have you didn't want to ride a coach and horses through the club and its history, nor has he ever start stamping his feet like a spoiled child.

Football's cyclical, you know this, and if the Hull supporters sell-out for 30 pieces then that's their look-out, but nowt's surer than what they've got going on won't last long-term, and I'm surprised that you think it might.

EDIT: Another point of note, I feel, is that Assem Allam's 74 years old. It's impossible for him to be there long-term.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:15 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
You reckon? I'd say that at that point the roles were reversed. Only, the bloke bankrolling us when we were signing Anelka and what have you didn't want to ride a coach and horses through the club and its history, nor has he ever start stamping his feet like a spoiled child.

Football's cyclical, you know this, and if the Hull supporters sell-out for 30 pieces then that's their look-out, but nowt's surer than what they've got going on won't last long-term, and I'm surprised that you think it might.

EDIT: Another point of note, I feel, is that Assem Allam's 74 years old. It's impossible for him to be there long-term.
Yeah sorry I meant Hull were where we are now, as in previous Premiership club struggling in the championship, before he took over.

I'm trying to rationalise it would Hull Tigers in the top ten of the premiership get more fans attending the games than Hull City bottom 6 of the championship?

I mean I suspect so, so whilst it may annoy some the overall future of the club is potentially far healthier. Now as for his age and longevity that I don't know and is a different argument with regards to what happens when he's gone. We have the same issue with Eddie Davies.

And as much as Eddie has been great for us, I don't think he's ever really backed the club financially quite in the same way as the guy at Hull is. Midway through their first Premiership season and they are shelling out ~£14M for a pair of new strikers. I realise it is short-termism to an extent but my overriding view is that without the backing you'd never get that success now the way the game has gone.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:38 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:

Irrelevant Bruce, he'll die when he wants and he won't let you or anyone else tell him otherwise!!!.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:41 pm

Sad though, isn't it. Your club is saved by a guy who's made the town his home and he pumps £gazillions in, and all power to him for that, but he hasn't got the class/respect/gumption to not meddle with some of the traditional stuff.

Just a real shame.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:25 pm

LeverEnd wrote: Irrelevant Bruce, he'll die when he wants and he won't let you or anyone else tell him otherwise!!!.
:D

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:36 am

All this, "we're a business" and "customers" shit gets on my tits. Customers can feck off to a different 'company' at the drop of a hat.

We're fans and it's a football club.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:45 am

boltonboris wrote:All this, "we're a business" and "customers" shit gets on my tits. Customers can feck off to a different 'company' at the drop of a hat.

:pray:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:09 am

boltonboris wrote:All this, "we're a business" and "customers" shit gets on my tits. Customers can feck off to a different 'company' at the drop of a hat.

You might not like it, but within reason that is where we're at in football. Eddie Davies can do what he likes, and essentially we as in, Bolton fans cannot stop him.

The world we live in now, might not be the one we'd like or choose, but personally I'd rather swim and survive in it than die trying to pretend it is something else.

Do I like the fact that for success clubs are in the main, reliant on rich owners? No. But that is where football is at. And with that comes the pitfalls and downsides.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:28 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:

You might not like it, but within reason that is where we're at in football. Eddie Davies can do what he likes, and essentially we as in, Bolton fans cannot stop him.

The world we live in now, might not be the one we'd like or choose, but personally I'd rather swim and survive in it than die trying to pretend it is something else.

Do I like the fact that for success clubs are in the main, reliant on rich owners? No. But that is where football is at. And with that comes the pitfalls and downsides.
Are you brand-loyal as well, I ?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:57 pm

This is a proper funny how d'ya do, now.

So, after all the 'City 'til we die', 'Feel free to die anytime you like' type exchanges, the whole thing goes to a vote among STH's, who vote the Tigers name in, and now this; :conf:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26960502" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:04 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:This is a proper funny how d'ya do, now.

So, after all the 'City 'til we die', 'Feel free to die anytime you like' type exchanges, the whole thing goes to a vote among STH's, who vote the Tigers name in, and now this; :conf:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26960502" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There has been mention that the ballot wasn't fair, not accessible and a one sided campaign with veiled threats.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:20 pm

jaffka wrote:

There has been mention that the ballot wasn't fair, not accessible and a one sided campaign with veiled threats.
The anti-name change group were somehow stopped from voting I believe. They also had to have the name of the fans partaking in the vote to be included on the ballot slip for it to be 'valid', which obviously leads to a letter a few days later advising that they're no longer welcome at the stadium

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:00 pm

boltonboris wrote:
jaffka wrote:

The anti-name change group were somehow stopped from voting I believe. They also had to have the name of the fans partaking in the vote to be included on the ballot slip for it to be 'valid', which obviously leads to a letter a few days later advising that they're no longer welcome at the stadium
Even then wasn't it like 4,500 votes for each side with about 40 votes between them?

Their owner comes across as a bit of a cock really. But then I guess thanks to him they are a premiership side in a semi final of the FA cup with a really good chance of European qualification......