Have footy's boo boys gone too far?

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Have footy's boo boys gone too far?

Post by mrkint » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:43 am

Nice little read, this.

http://thetwounfortunates.com/have-foot ... e-too-far/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Have footy's boo boys gone too far?

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:56 am

mrkint wrote:Nice little read, this.

http://thetwounfortunates.com/have-foot ... e-too-far/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I think the aritcle is a little mixed up. I mean Arsenal fans booing Higuain is ridiculous above everything else.

Racist abuse of any players is a far more serious issue and should be separated.

A bit of banter with an opposition player or manager has been part of the game for years, lets not sterilise it. But there of course is a line to be drawn.

Booing and abusing your own team regularly is just daft. If it gets to the point that you can't control yourself inside the stadium then football is probably not for you. Sure emotions get strained at times and every now and then you're bound to get frustrated and shout "Zat you useless lump, watch the ball" or something along those lines. But abuse and booing at every opportunity seems to be a case of modern football fanitis. In the past I remember certain players getting a bit of stick from their own fans. But again it was more "banterish" than full on abuse. I've witnessed players take dogs abuse from their own fans at friendlies. These people can only be going to those games to dish out that abuse. I've sat near someone at the Reebok for a season who only went (IMO) to dish out his weeks worth of frustrations onto the players. I don't get it, it isn't going to help. Come here and moan or write something on facebook if you must or better still, go to the pub and rant about it, but screaming your frustration at a player is a) pointless b) indicative of something being a bit wrong with you.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:48 pm

Absolutely agree with the above. Unless its aimed at Megson. In which case, fill your fvckin boots.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:01 pm

I am totally in favour of booing managers/players they have the jobs that nearly every male in the country dreams of having and they get paid a shed load for it if they are not at their best for a period of time then they deserve to get booed.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:10 pm

No further than those pampered overpaid pretentious tossers on the pitch
My dog (proper 57) had his anal glands emptied once and yes the smell is something to behold!!