A new low in kid's footy?

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

A new low in kid's footy?

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:33 pm

Jeez :crazy:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ck-5788942" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

mcflykyle182
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: A new low in kid's footy?

Post by mcflykyle182 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:45 pm

“They were swearing at her and saying some disgusting things, calling her a ‘stupid b****’ among other things
The tournament had 250 teams and the one from Manchester kicked off. What a ridiculous incident. Poor girl.
''Amazing! Out of nothing Bolton are level. A quick throw, Kevin Nolan keeps play alive in the box and finds Kevin Davies on the left who lashes a shot under Oliver Kahn.''

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:40 am

I have to admit I nearly lost it on Saturday at my lad's football.

They were losing (as per) but on a rare foray into the oppositions box there was a tussle on the line (like you'd want to see) for the ball between my lad and the defender.

This lad was twice the size of my son (I'm 100pc these kids were, let's say the 'top end' of being under 10's, probably about 12) but as the ball went out of play he fell over. He said something to my lad who turned around and said 'Get up'.

As he walked away - woosh - this fat wee c*nt swiped his legs from under him.

'Woah!' we all shouted.

Now, if that was a player from our side he'd be off on the touchline for at least 10 minutes and we'd play with a man down so he could see that that sort of behaviour is not acceptable but their coach started 'Your boy was to blame for that!'

What for? Battling for the ball?

I went flaming mentile. It took all my restraint not to go any further.

Kids football is a hotbed of emotions and parents do get all wound up but to start berating a young ref simply isn't right.

I have reported the oppositions coach to the local FA and to operation Yew Tree.

That'll teach him.

I am going to stay calm this Saturday.

Promise.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:15 am

A lad in here was at Ardrie v Livi last night. At full time some of the home fans voiced their opinions on the Airdrie goalie.

Who then grabbed one of the fans by the throat.

That's the spirit.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:39 pm

I am personally of the opinion that parents should not be allowed to speak during children's football matches it just puts them of whether it is praise or criticism.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:14 am

You're probably right but it's easier said than done.

twitter @thetonycoffey

Caro-Kann
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Caro-Kann » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:32 pm

coffeymagic wrote:A lad in here was at Ardrie v Livi last night. At full time some of the home fans voiced their opinions on the Airdrie goalie.

Who then grabbed one of the fans by the throat.

That's the spirit.
Goalie left the club by mutual consent the following day.

He was really shite, so couldn't have worked out better.

Shame I missed that game.

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:20 pm

Well my lip biting isn't going too well.

The format is 2 x 30 minute 7-a-side games.

My lad's team had 9 players so there you go 2 subs. now there should be a rolling two-on-two off don't you think?

My lad played 10mins of the first half of game one, then five mins of the second. He played 10mins of the first half of game two and then that was it.

When I collared the coach at the end and pointed out that this future England captain and record goal scorer had spent more time on the touchline than he had on the pitch the coach started going on about how 'sorry' he was and that he 'hadn't realised' and all that lot.

I told my boy to stand next to him so he wouldn't forget but it's obvious to Dad of the Year that this coach knows nothing about football.

After coming out with some more bullshit he said Coffeymagic Jnr would get a full game this week.

He'd better. There are better sides than this shower.

Kids football - bloody hell.

twitter @thetonycoffey

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:39 pm

coffeymagic wrote:Well my lip biting isn't going too well.

The format is 2 x 30 minute 7-a-side games.

My lad's team had 9 players so there you go 2 subs. now there should be a rolling two-on-two off don't you think?

My lad played 10mins of the first half of game one, then five mins of the second. He played 10mins of the first half of game two and then that was it.

When I collared the coach at the end and pointed out that this future England captain and record goal scorer had spent more time on the touchline than he had on the pitch the coach started going on about how 'sorry' he was and that he 'hadn't realised' and all that lot.

I told my boy to stand next to him so he wouldn't forget but it's obvious to Dad of the Year that this coach knows nothing about football.

After coming out with some more bullshit he said Coffeymagic Jnr would get a full game this week.

He'd better. There are better sides than this shower.

Kids football - bloody hell.
So, you've bullied the coach into letting your lad get more game time?

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:19 am

It's for the good of world football!

No, I just pointed out that ALL the boys should be getting their fare share of football. I don't expect for a moment that Wunderkind should get more minutes on the pitch than the other lads but last night at training a couple of the parents came over to me and said they were pretty disgusted with the way he was being treated.

I'm not getting caught up in the whole thing but they pointed out that there are some boys who don't come to training who are from other clubs and come to our team on a Saturday when they get dropped from their teams.

Surely 'our' lads and the lads who are at training every week should be the first choice team.

Give me team spirit over skill any day.

I don't get wound up by the results and if I was the coach* I'd play from 0-0 every time I made the substituations. What's the point of counting when we're getting gubbed every week 15-1?

*of course I'm NOT the coach and I don't under estimate or under value the time these guys put in.

They're doing a great thing by devoting their free time to something I never could and I would never try and influence the way they play or how they run their team.

As long as it is fair.

I'm genuinely not as worked up as I write in this thread. I'd hope you can see which parts are tongue in cheek.

He will be the England Captain and record goal scorer.

If he ends up playing for Scotland I will disown him.

twitter @thetonycoffey

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:23 am

Happen your lad's shite, Coffey. He may as well get used to the "And you can have him" desolation of being last pick now. It helped build Bobo's character. ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:01 pm

All my relatives down my dad's side have been good at sport. My grandad, my dad, my brother, my sister's eldest have all repersented themselves at County level and probably should have gone higher.

My two are also showing signs too with both of them doing well at whatever they seem to want to.

In that really irritating way for those of us not quite so good.

The sport gene seems to have leaped over me though as I couldn't trap a bag of wet cement.

We're not pushy parents though and the major thing for us is that they enjoy it.

We have friends who have their kids down at the swimming pool every morning at 5am - what good is that going to do?

Kids still need to be kids and you shouldn't try and live out your failures through their success.

They have enough going on without you trying to shove more and more activities in to their cowded schedule. What ever happened to just playing out?

It is with this in mind that I rewrote this old tyme poem recently.

Aham....

Monday's child has football practice,
Tuesday's child does street dance back flips,
Wednesday's child has Cubs to go,
Thursday's child has Taekwondo.
Friday's child has vio-lin-ing,
Saturday's child has gym then swimming,
And the child that is born on the Sabbath day has burger and chips at the local soft play.

I'm not too happy with the last line, so if you can come up with something better I'll appreciate it.

But you get the picture.

Don't have kids.

twitter @thetonycoffey

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:06 pm

And the child that is born on the Sabbath day has burger and chips on a loaded tray
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:57 pm

coffeymagic wrote:All my relatives down my dad's side have been good at sport. My grandad, my dad, my brother, my sister's eldest have all repersented themselves at County level and probably should have gone higher.

My two are also showing signs too with both of them doing well at whatever they seem to want to.

In that really irritating way for those of us not quite so good.

The sport gene seems to have leaped over me though as I couldn't trap a bag of wet cement.

We're not pushy parents though and the major thing for us is that they enjoy it.

We have friends who have their kids down at the swimming pool every morning at 5am - what good is that going to do?

Kids still need to be kids and you shouldn't try and live out your failures through their success.

They have enough going on without you trying to shove more and more activities in to their cowded schedule. What ever happened to just playing out?

It is with this in mind that I rewrote this old tyme poem recently.

Aham....

Monday's child has football practice,
Tuesday's child does street dance back flips,
Wednesday's child has Cubs to go,
Thursday's child has Taekwondo.
Friday's child has vio-lin-ing,
Saturday's child has gym then swimming,
And the child that is born on the Sabbath day has burger and chips at the local soft play.

I'm not too happy with the last line, so if you can come up with something better I'll appreciate it.

But you get the picture.

Don't have kids.
isn't the sabbath saturday, though?

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:58 pm

and how would you know?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:59 pm

mrkint wrote:and how would you know?

errr... general knowledge??

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:42 am

My obscene bout of dummy throwing and foot stamping, temper trantruming pays off.

MotM.

http://www.youthfootballscotland.co.uk/ ... 75#joomimg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

twitter @thetonycoffey

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:03 am

We've had similar experiences with young refs being abused. My son started refereeing at the age of 14 and the first couple of seasons was so crucial to building his confidence. Sadly, he was subjected to regular abuse from coaches, parents and players so it was no surprise during one game when a coach from Moorside Rangers managing an U10s team at the time berated my lad for not giving a decision in his team's favour. He entered the field of play and approached my son waving his arms and legs in protest. By this point my 14yo was in tears in fear that he was about to be assaulted so much so he left the pitch vowing never to ref again. I'd only stepped in when it started to get out of control and remonstrated with the Moorside coach (if he could be described as such) at which point he realised he'd gone too far. His £200 fine from Manchester FA was a sobering experience never mind the suspended ban from coaching that his club imposed on him.

Sean is now 18 and after being awarded the City of Salford Most Improved Referee of 2011/12 he was invited to join the prestigious Manchester FA Referee Academy and officiates at Manchester United, Manchester City, Rochdale and Bury at all ages upto and including U19s. He still get the abuse but is now able to handle it so much better and he gains the respect of the players with his calm approach. It just goes to show that, although it is completely unacceptable behaviour, the difficult experiences can help build their character and lead them to become more accomplished referees as a result. I've certainly seen the role of the referee in a different light over the last few years and I would challenge any posters on here to try reffing an open age Manchester Saturday League game and get every decision right. Twenty two hairy-arsed and 'barely sober from the night before frolics' footballers are the not the easiest bunch to control at the best of times but Sean did last weekend and his assessor gave him a raving report.
The Voice Of Reason

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:53 am

Good for him!

My uncle was a ref (Eccles & District) and I helped run the line for him a few times. It could be quite intimidating evan as an adult and my uncle did have to leg it once after giving a last minute penalty to the 'wrong' team.

ie the Away team.

Anyway, like you say it is character building and most of the time even though the players called you every name under the sun during the match it was all forgotten at the final whistle and we'd often go for a pint and a sarnie with the players after the game.

Glad your lad's come through the bullying and crazyness of lunatic coaches hopefully we'll see him having his parentage questioned on MotD one day.

I was at a reserve game at Burnden once where a fan told the linesman 'Hey! Lino! When you get home I hope your wife and kids are all dead!'

Smashing!

twitter @thetonycoffey