Di Canio

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Di Canio

Post by jaffka » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:36 pm

He has been sacked!

Always hopeful
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Di Canio

Post by Always hopeful » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:40 pm

:shock:
Hope is what keeps us going.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:51 pm

Said when he was appointed that he'd be this season's first Prem sacking. #smuggidy :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:58 pm

He's utterly barking mad.

Will always piss players off by his extreme standards. Nowt to do with his politics, he's just crackers.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Always hopeful
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Always hopeful » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:05 pm

He's done it on purpose of course, preferring to spend more time on his other passion, 'Grand Designs'.
Hope is what keeps us going.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:53 pm

It's fecking madness though! To the extent I found myself agreeing with every word Alan bloody Shearer said.

They knew full well he was nuts when they gave him the job. Signed 14 players, whole new backroom staff, then sacked after 5 games of the season. Football is nuts.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:01 am

Sunderland, the train that is always in danger of being de-railed.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:10 am

Maybe we're all the idiots. Thinking you should check things out, or maybe have a think. You've got Short at Sunderland, who either makes decisions on a whim, or isn't a football fan, had never heard of Paulo Di Canio, and didn't ask anyone any questions about him yet is a multi millionaire, then you've got the other clown up the road who doesn't do due diligence and seeks to actively piss off the fans wherever possible, mainly by appointing Joe Kinnear to any job going, and his company is now in the FTSE 100. HOW?!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:12 am

Lasted longer than I thought he would to be fair.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:35 am

Apparently he gets every penny of his contract too.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:36 am

Athers wrote:Apparently he gets every penny of his contract too.
Way to go !! (literally)

That performance facing out the crowd on Saturday was something else. He says it was to show empathy with their frustration but, as ever, simply showed him to be a crackpot.

He introduced 14 new players over the summer ... surely HIS players ... but reports are that he had so many bust ups that only 5 matches in he had lost the dressing room and senior players went to Short to tell him to get rid.

Then he rants about an ex-player as he prepares to play them ... who then scores.

We should feel blessed.

Dougie in !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:41 am

Prufrock wrote:Maybe we're all the idiots. Thinking you should check things out, or maybe have a think. You've got Short at Sunderland, who either makes decisions on a whim, or isn't a football fan, had never heard of Paulo Di Canio, and didn't ask anyone any questions about him yet is a multi millionaire, then you've got the other clown up the road who doesn't do due diligence and seeks to actively piss off the fans wherever possible, mainly by appointing Joe Kinnear to any job going, and his company is now in the FTSE 100. HOW?!
Yeah. I think the trouble is that football is a competitive sport, what works for Ashley and Short, in their other lines of work, probably very much doesn't in football.

Many businesses run quite well where the owner has planted his own trusted guy in to keep an eye on things. In football though it just creates a mess. There must be a joke in ere somewhere....

And Di Canio will never survive as a manager in the spotlight behaving the way he does. He might have scraped by in the lower leagues where the intensity of media focus is less and players have more to lose. But big name players (or more accurately big paycheck players) will just as has been said say "feck this" and sulk or piss off elsewhere!

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:15 pm

Fourth to last paragraph here

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blo ... sunderland" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jesus wept - whoever wrote that needs bloody shooting!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:32 pm

mrkint wrote:Fourth to last paragraph here

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blo ... sunderland" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh well what a surprise. It's our old friend Louise Taylor. Words fail me.

For anyone that can't access it, here it is;

As someone who once owned a holiday home in Egypt he should have been aware that revolutions can be bloody, messy and extremely painful but, ignoring the potential collateral damage, he audaciously drove his tanks over scores of sensibilties.
May the bridges I burn light your way

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:11 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
mrkint wrote:Fourth to last paragraph here

Oh well what a surprise. It's our old friend Louise Taylor. Words fail me.

For anyone that can't access it, here it is;

As someone who once owned a holiday home in Egypt he should have been aware that revolutions can be bloody, messy and extremely painful but, ignoring the potential collateral damage, he audaciously drove his tanks over scores of sensibilties.
What a tosser she is.

If a newly qualified trainee presented that as a piece of work there would be questions asked. What is her editor thinking to let that into the press ?

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:38 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... ority.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:50 am

This from the Mirror made me laugh out loud this morning when I read it....
Mirror Sport can reveal that, as reported yesterday, Di Canio held a training-ground crisis meeting with his players on Sunday in the wake of the 3-0 loss at West Brom that leaves the club bottom and with just one point from five games.

He challenged senior players to ring owner Ellis Short if they wanted him out - and they did.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:33 pm

"The players would run through walls for O'Neill"

Hahahahaha. That's why there were 1 point of relegation with 7 games left or whatever it was when he got flirted. Perhaps they're just shit and a bit like us, can't attract a good enough manager to arrest their downward trajectory.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:16 pm

boltonboris wrote:"The players would run through walls for O'Neill"

Hahahahaha. That's why there were 1 point of relegation with 7 games left or whatever it was when he got flirted. Perhaps they're just shit and a bit like us, can't attract a good enough manager to arrest their downward trajectory.
It's what they told Di Canio.

I mean plenty of poor teams have struggled for results, but it doesn't always equate that the manager is disliked by the players.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:12 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
boltonboris wrote:"The players would run through walls for O'Neill"

It's what they told Di Canio.

I mean plenty of poor teams have struggled for results, but it doesn't always equate that the manager is disliked by the players.
They may well have liked him, but I think the point is they were hardly running through walls. I heard he's the trusting type who treats players like adults. Kind of opposite to PDC. Maybe they liked being relatively free to get pissed and slack off?