It's about time somebody started this thread!

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: It's about time somebody started this thread!

Post by bobo the clown » Sat May 21, 2016 10:13 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:Classy as ever.
United are to name Mourinho as their new manager like five minutes after winning the FA cup.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36351371" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Utter wankers.
Let's hope it all goes tits up. Not sure whether I despise the club or manager more.
Two entirely separate loathing coincide. Mourniho is a tit of the highest order. A smug, self centred, vile man.

The only thing we have to admit about Stretford Redox has been that they do generally seek to play fast, attacking play. Moyses put paid to that and Van Gaal carried the fall on. This guy will be the worst of the lot.

Made for each other ... c◇nts.
Last edited by bobo the clown on Sun May 22, 2016 3:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Sun May 22, 2016 1:20 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:Classy as ever.
United are to name Mourinho as their new manager like five minutes after winning the FA cup.
I wonder if that's come from Mourinho's side in order to piss on whatever parade Van Gaal was going to get.

Talking of which, I think there might a be lot of green and white umbrellas in Leith this afternoon.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun May 22, 2016 4:16 pm

This saddens me. I've loved watching Van Gaal's press conferences over the past year. I can't abide Mourinho, the c*nt.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Sun May 22, 2016 4:53 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:This saddens me. I've loved watching Van Gaal's press conferences over the past year. I can't abide Mourinho, the c*nt.
I didn't think it was possible but I loathed van Gaal more than old Purple Nose. I'm sure Mourinho will Trump the pair of them.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun May 22, 2016 4:58 pm

Think Van Gaal is the most unpleasant manager around.

But I was hoping they'd let him have another season to maintain their current failure. Shame.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun May 22, 2016 5:47 pm

Little Green Man wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:This saddens me. I've loved watching Van Gaal's press conferences over the past year. I can't abide Mourinho, the c*nt.
I didn't think it was possible but I loathed van Gaal more than old Purple Nose. I'm sure Mourinho will Trump the pair of them.
I understand that, but his self-worth I've found utterly piss funny for a year now.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon May 23, 2016 9:02 am

The talk now is of a three-year deal for Mourinho at Old Trafford, resolution at last of an extended public courtship curated by a cast of super-agents, deal-makers and willing media accomplices. Indeed there is a feeling of delayed destiny about the whole process, a relationship that has sparked at one remove ever since the first sighting 12 years ago of this thrillingly handsome, absurdly young coach – dubbed by the Sun “a Portuguese man of Pwhoaar” – sprinting along the Old Trafford touchline as his Porto team eliminated United from the Champions League.

And so here we are. Darth Vader has entered the Death Star. The only real question now is why so many people around the club, from fans to directors to associated media, seem to think this is unquestionably a good idea.
:lmfao:

They (the press) are having a field day
And yet such is Mourinho’s drive and United’s depth of resource there is still a strong argument this could all end up working out nicely. At the very least he will surely bring a return to the top four and Champions League football. Above all he really, really wants this. As long ago as 2009 Mourinho was already pouting in United’s direction. In 2012 he thought he had the job once Sir Alex Ferguson was gone, only for United to appoint the desperately paddling David Moyes. Mourinho has simpered and sweated and haggled for this opportunity. And now Heathcliff has finally got his hands on Wuthering Heights. It is unlikely to be dull
:lmfao: :lmfao:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon May 23, 2016 9:23 am

He'll do what he always does. Do well for a couple of seasons, get even more Billy Big Bollocks than you thought possible, then fcuk all the players off and get sacked. The only question will be if the fans are happy to put up with the bus being parked in exchange for success.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 23, 2016 9:27 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:He'll do what he always does. Do well for a couple of seasons, get even more Billy Big Bollocks than you thought possible, then fcuk all the players off and get sacked. The only question will be if the fans are happy to put up with the bus being parked in exchange for success.
If they're actual fans then surely they'd be happy so long as there is success?

If they are johnny come lately hangers on who have no clue about football then possibly they won't be. But are they any great loss anyhow?

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon May 23, 2016 9:35 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:He'll do what he always does. Do well for a couple of seasons, get even more Billy Big Bollocks than you thought possible, then fcuk all the players off and get sacked. The only question will be if the fans are happy to put up with the bus being parked in exchange for success.

If they are johnny come lately hangers on who have no clue about football then possibly they won't be. But are they any great loss anyhow?
I tend to put them in the same bracket as West Ham fans, so I wouldn't be surprised if they have a good moan after a while.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 23, 2016 9:43 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

I tend to put them in the same bracket as West Ham fans, so I wouldn't be surprised if they have a good moan after a while.
Aye, they are a fair old mixture. Some who have been fans for many decades, mixed in with those who have only ever known success, mixed in with those who are "mad keen" fans so long as they win every game 3-0 who don't even know where Old Trafford is....

I'm sure Mourinho is a panic decision based on Guardiola going to City. If that wasn't happening I reckon they'd have given LVG another year. So it is a shame City moved on Guardiola as we could have had another year full of laughs......

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon May 23, 2016 9:47 am

Just need to bide our time as Jose will implode :)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 23, 2016 10:24 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Just need to bide our time as Jose will implode :)
If you want a manager to actually win stuff with you, rather than build a team of show pony's then Mourinho is the best in the game IMO. Probably the best there ever has been.

I rather suspect that people use the fact he's not stayed anywhere longer term as a negative but equally he's shown he's a winner wherever he goes. Which to me is harder than staying at the same club for 10 years.

If he does well at Man Utd for 3 years I'm sure they'd take that over missing out on the champions league and the money that brings. Though I'm not entirely convinced Mourinho and Man Utd are the best fit ever, time will tell I guess.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon May 23, 2016 10:36 am

I actually think reinventing a team and sustaining success over a long period is much harder. Jose is without doubt good at getting teams to win in the short term, but he's never managed to keep it going.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon May 23, 2016 10:37 am

The only .... ONLY ... saving grace Stretford have had over the years is their attacking, fast, skillful style. Mourinho is anything but that. He also makes Red Nose look gracious.

We all know about a sign if class being gracious in defeat ... Jose isn't even gracious in victory.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 23, 2016 10:41 am

bobo the clown wrote:The only .... ONLY ... saving grace Stretford have had over the years is their attacking, fast, skillful style. Mourinho is anything but that. He also makes Red Nose look gracious.

We all know about a sign if class being gracious in defeat ... Jose isn't even gracious in victory.
They've not played attacking, fast skilful football for a fair while. Even towards the end under Fergie they weren't that good a watch....but who cares about that anyway? Football is about winning, nowt else.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon May 23, 2016 12:41 pm

Mourinho is a fecking arsehole. I can't stand the pompous c*nt. I wish him every ill.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon May 23, 2016 1:02 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Mourinho is a fecking arsehole. I can't stand the pompous c*nt. I wish him every ill.

Usual fence-sitting non-committal nonsense from Bruce I see. :mrgreen:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 23, 2016 1:04 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Mourinho is a fecking arsehole. I can't stand the pompous c*nt. I wish him every ill.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon May 23, 2016 1:10 pm

Seconded.