Brazil 2014

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Re: Brazil 2014

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:52 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:Can anyone remember a sporting event such as the Olympics, WC, Commonwealth games etc where there haven't been concerns raised at one time or other about them finishing it on time?

I can only remember the World Cup in 1986, that was originally scheduled for Columbia, being switched - and I'm not even sure that was solely for building reasons
I can't remember that, I was only 5, so I'll take your word for it - G. :mrgreen:
Oh arf arf! :evil:

You aint no spring chicken Mrs! If G= granddad then GG must be great grandma :grin:
The Arsenal forum boys spell it Gigi actually, which blows your clever theory out the water! ;)

And I might be old - but will never be as old as you! Plus, I will likely have all my own (brown) hair in my 40's, unlike most of you lot! ;)

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:54 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:Can anyone remember a sporting event such as the Olympics, WC, Commonwealth games etc where there haven't been concerns raised at one time or other about them finishing it on time?

I can only remember the World Cup in 1986, that was originally scheduled for Columbia, being switched - and I'm not even sure that was solely for building reasons
I can't remember that, I was only 5, so I'll take your word for it - G. :mrgreen:

You aint no spring chicken Mrs! If G= granddad then GG must be great grandma :grin:
The Arsenal forum boys spell it Gigi actually, which blows your clever theory out the water! ;)

And I might be old - but will never be as old as you! Plus, I will likely have all my own (brown) hair in my 40's, unlike most of you lot! ;)
I've got all my own hair, brown too.....

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:00 pm

Gooner Girl wrote: Plus, I will likely have all my own (brown) hair in my 40's, unlike most of you lot! ;)
That boy that drops your pet food off - he'll have a lock of your brown hair for longer than you will. And a pair of your panties. ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:02 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

I've got all my own hair, brown too.....
That is true, you do. However you are still just early 40's, HG is knocking on 50 ;)

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:03 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote: Plus, I will likely have all my own (brown) hair in my 40's, unlike most of you lot! ;)
That boy that drops your pet food off - he'll have a lock of your brown hair for longer than you will. And a pair of your panties. ;)
I've made a bet with him, if arsenal finish above spurs he will give me a free bag of dog food. He's not bright enough to have come up with a deal for what happens in the (frankly unlikely ;)) event they finish above us. So either way I win. :oyea:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:09 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
I've made a bet with him, if arsenal finish above spurs he will give me a free bag of dog food. He's not bright enough to have come up with a deal for what happens in the (frankly unlikely ;)) event they finish above us. So either way I win. :oyea:
He'll be your Pal then !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:13 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
I don't think Arsenal will Winalot though.......

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:15 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
I don't think Arsenal will Winalot though.......
Hush you or I'll have to share your shameful secret posing with ex Man Utd players, glory boy.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:18 pm

Lee Sharpe.....

I'm a celebrity whore......

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:33 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
You'll know what the stake is when he turns up with half a bottle of vodka and some condoms
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:51 am

boltonboris wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
You'll know what the stake is when he turns up with half a bottle of vodka and some condoms
:shock: good job we are gonna finish above them then, isn't it?!

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:24 am

a1 wrote:when they wanna hold it in england at the last minute , i hope they get prince william to tell them to fcuk off and ring saudi arabia or bahrain up instead.

#footballscominghome
They'd better fooking not, I've got me flights sorted.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:00 pm

Plenty. Here's a small but significant list of major sporting events which were not compromised, nor never likely to heve been, by building delays or any such problems. I've confined the list to things I actually watched.
Olympics Tokyo 1964
World Cup 1966
Mexico Olympics 1968
1972 Belgium European Cup
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:02 pm

And not one of them in colour.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:11 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
:shock: good job we are gonna finish above them then, isn't it?!
Get your kids to piss/poo/puke on him GG, then you should be save or get Mr GG to sort the spud out.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:01 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-25134584" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Saw this about seedings which I thought was interesting.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:12 pm

Prufrock wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-25134584

Saw this about seedings which I thought was interesting.
Always wanted to know how the ranking system worked....nice one..