Villas Boaz gone

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Villas Boaz gone

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:20 pm

ChrisC wrote:Tim Sherwood has got the gig until the end of next season.

Sounds very much to me like they have someone to take the job maybe at a particular time.
Interesting. The impression that I garnered from his interview yesterday was one of him saying - give me the gig long term or give it to someone else. My immediate thoughts were - Oh yes, Pal - let's see how much scrutiny your bold positioning stands if you're offered it until the end of the season then?! About 28 hours is the answer. :roll:
May the bridges I burn light your way

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:26 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:

Sounds very much to me like they have someone to take the job maybe at a particular time.
Interesting. The impression that I garnered from his interview yesterday was one of him saying - give me the gig long term or give it to someone else. My immediate thoughts were - Oh yes, Pal - let's see how much scrutiny your bold positioning stands if you're offered it until the end of the season then?! About 28 hours is the answer. :roll:
Ha. Yes.

Holding position till they can prise a proper one from somewhere .... and showing Sherwood's bravado to be simply bllx.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:27 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Ha. Yes.

Holding position till they can prise a proper one from somewhere .... and showing Sherwood's bravado to be simply bllx.
It is until the end of NEXT season. Not this one :)

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:30 pm

ChrisC wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Ha. Yes.

Putting me in my place ..... though he WILL be tipped-out in the summer, mark my words.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:31 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Ha. Yes.

Putting me in my place ..... though he WILL be tipped-out in the summer, mark my words.

Maybe they are waiting for Capello to finish his world cup with Russia? Sherwood is highly regarded in the game so will be interesting to see how he gets on.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:33 pm

Here's hoping he does spectacularly badly.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:43 pm

Bet the Daily Mail can't believe the level of influence they've been able to impose!
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:43 pm

ChrisC wrote: .... Sherwood is highly regarded in the game his own head so will be interesting to see how he gets on.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:59 pm

:conf:
So why not just keep AVB in the job 'til next summer then?
Businesswoman of the year.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:12 pm

ChrisC wrote:Sherwood is highly regarded in the game

Oh, is he now? Please, Chris, share. "Highly regarded in the game" is surely the most hackneyed claim of any potential football manager ever?! The list of those that have been "highly regarded in the game" yet have ultimately proved to have been no better a manger than Eric 'Ramsey' Bretherton, manager of the Plum and Hearing Aid is endless.
May the bridges I burn light your way

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:19 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
ChrisC wrote:Sherwood is highly regarded in the game

Oh, is he now? Please, Chris, share. "Highly regarded in the game" is surely the most hackneyed claim of any potential football manager ever?! The list of those that have been "highly regarded in the game" yet have ultimately proved to have been no better a manger than Eric 'Ramsey' Bretherton, manager of the Plum and Hearing Aid is endless.

I am only going of articles etc read over the last few years. When jobs have come up, lots have said how he is a top coach and that it would only be a matter of time before he takes a manager role. I cant comment on a personal level though obviously 8)

I agree that the term is used far to freely though and proved otherwise in lots of cases.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:25 pm

CrazyHorse wrote::conf:
Largely because of the defensive style AVB used if the media is to be believed. The club and fans wanted a change. Sherwood prefers a more attacking style apparently.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:33 pm

ChrisC wrote:
Largely because of the defensive style AVB used if the media is to be believed. The club and fans wanted a change. Sherwood prefers a more attacking style apparently.
Exactly, people don't like to see the blunting of attacking talent while playing boring defensive shite that the manager thinks makes him some sort of tactical visionary, do we folks?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:54 am

LeverEnd wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
Exactly, people don't like to see the blunting of attacking talent while playing boring defensive shite that the manager thinks makes him some sort of tactical visionary, do we folks?
:lol:
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"