Lalalala Zola

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: Lalalala Zola

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:23 pm

mmm

Well, I looked him up ...
Sannino, 56, has never previously worked outside of Italy and Watford is his 13th managerial role, having also taken charge of clubs including Siena, Palermo and Chievo Verona.

His coaching career began in the 1990s, but he had to wait until 2011 for his first chance in Serie A, when he was appointed by Siena. He then moved on to Palermo, who subsequently sacked and re-hired him in the space of six months, and most recently had only four months with Chievo before being relieved of his role.

The Italian will be joined by assistant coaches Francesco Troise, Giovanni Cusatis and Paolo De Toffol.
I'd be scared if I was a Watford fan.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:31 pm

The Italian will be joined by assistant coaches Francesco Troise, Giovanni Cusatis and Paolo De Toffol.
shome mishtake surely? that's the pudding menu!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:09 pm

thebish wrote:

shome mishtake surely? that's the pudding menu!
No!!!! That's what's for afters.

:spank:

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:16 pm

"Sannino, 56, has never previously worked outside of Italy and Watford is his 13th managerial role"

I would not be happy!

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:22 pm

bobo the clown wrote:He then moved on to Palermo, who subsequently sacked and re-hired him in the space of six months,
I love these things. "Well this new guy isn't working... we're still paying the last guy, may as well get him back in!"
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:22 pm

Athers wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:He then moved on to Palermo, who subsequently sacked and re-hired him in the space of six months,
I love these things. "Well this new guy isn't working... we're still paying the last guy, may as well get him back in!"
Indeed, the above is no indictment of the bloke's abilities. Palermo's president, Maurizio Zamaprini, is even more hot-tempered than the average Italian football club owner. In that same season, the team used three different managers, two of them twice.

Then, in September, he binned Gennaro Gattuso a mere six matches into his first season as the boss.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:38 am

Nicko58 wrote:Then, in September, he binned Gennaro Gattuso a mere six matches into his first season as the boss.
Maybe he knew what was comimg!