Anelka

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

newcarsmell
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Anelka

Post by newcarsmell » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:23 pm

The shirt sponsors have milked this for as much publicity as possible.. I doubt they had any intention of extending the shirt deal at the end of the season. It's a spectacular win for them !...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:14 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Well feck me! If he wanted it proved he is anti-Semitic he'd have just done Nazi salute. The 'quenelle' is used precisely to confuse...wink wink. Anti-establishment my arse...Here's my arse.
And anyway, this simple fact that M'bala M'bala's his mate (the toxic c*nt) is enough to make me feel like my shit smells like roses in comparison to the stench given out by just being in the same room as Anelka.
Not defending M'bala M'bala, just suggesting a lot of conclusions are being jumped to re Anelka's intentions.

Thanks for the toilet analogy though. :oyea:

Although quite apt, as another suggestion for the Quenelle is a 'fist up the arse' motion to one's enemies. As has been said, it's ambiguous.

Anti-Zionist?
Anti-Semitic?
Reverse Nazi salute?
or just an 'Up yours'?

So, four quenelle.

Whatever, he's been charged and now has to respond or face a minimum 5 game ban.
according to wiki (yes - I know...)

Dieudonné first used the quenelle gesture in his 2005 show named "1905". The first time Dieudonné used the gesture in a political context was for his 2009 European election campaign poster for the "anti-Zionist party", he stated that his intention was "to put a quenelle into Zionism's butt"

seems he says he originally meant it in numbers 1 and 4 of your list.
it was others who decided that his gesture was an "inverted nazi salute" - on what grounds, as it seems to have been his gesture, I don't know...

it seems that others have publicly used the gesture in sense 2.

quite how the FA would know what Anelka meant - other than Anelka explaining what he meant by it, I don't know... i guess the ball is in his court to explain...

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:18 pm

I doubt Anelka knew what he meant either. Its become a sort of anti-establishment gesture over in France, a bit like when punks here daubed Swastikas on their clothes.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:32 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:I doubt Anelka knew what he meant either. Its become a sort of anti-establishment gesture over in France, a bit like when punks here daubed Swastikas on their clothes.

Ah, but were they Swastikas or reverse Hindu symbols?

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:33 pm

Don't you bloody start.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:39 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Don't you bloody start.

I get a lot of time to think about these things, sat down, not being a supporter.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:41 pm

Did you take a book?

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:46 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Did you take a book?

Yes. It was a book on 'Hindu symbolism and it's misrepresentation in the middle of the 20th Century'

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:46 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:

Yes. It was a book on 'Hindu symbolism and it's misrepresentation in the middle of the 20th Century'
My sister used to do that at games. Maybe if you got yourself a song sheet you would come across like more of a supporter than those morons who stand and spent vary little time watching the game instead choosing to antagonise the opposing fans. Just to note I do not fall into either of those groups.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:50 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:

My sister used to do that at games. Maybe if you got yourself a song sheet you would come across like more of a supporter than those morons who stand and spent vary little time watching the game instead choosing to antagonise the opposing fans. Just to note I do not fall into either of those groups.

dan - stop being a dick. GtE has been supporting BWFC since LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG before you were even dreamed of and has supported the club all the way down to Div4 and back... wind yer neck in! he needs no lessons in how to be a fan from you!

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:28 pm

Thanks for the advice Bish - I was only joshing with him which I think he knows anyhow. I respect anybody who watched us in the 4th tier especially those who travelled long distances to do so.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:17 pm

thebish wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Well feck me! If he wanted it proved he is anti-Semitic he'd have just done Nazi salute. The 'quenelle' is used precisely to confuse...wink wink. Anti-establishment my arse...Here's my arse.
And anyway, this simple fact that M'bala M'bala's his mate (the toxic c*nt) is enough to make me feel like my shit smells like roses in comparison to the stench given out by just being in the same room as Anelka.
Not defending M'bala M'bala, just suggesting a lot of conclusions are being jumped to re Anelka's intentions.

Thanks for the toilet analogy though. :oyea:

Although quite apt, as another suggestion for the Quenelle is a 'fist up the arse' motion to one's enemies. As has been said, it's ambiguous.

Anti-Zionist?
Anti-Semitic?
Reverse Nazi salute?
or just an 'Up yours'?

So, four quenelle.

Whatever, he's been charged and now has to respond or face a minimum 5 game ban.
according to wiki (yes - I know...)

Dieudonné first used the quenelle gesture in his 2005 show named "1905". The first time Dieudonné used the gesture in a political context was for his 2009 European election campaign poster for the "anti-Zionist party", he stated that his intention was "to put a quenelle into Zionism's butt"

seems he says he originally meant it in numbers 1 and 4 of your list.
it was others who decided that his gesture was an "inverted nazi salute" - on what grounds, as it seems to have been his gesture, I don't know...

it seems that others have publicly used the gesture in sense 2.

quite how the FA would know what Anelka meant - other than Anelka explaining what he meant by it, I don't know... i guess the ball is in his court to explain...
Some facts.
M'bala M'bala didn't invent it.
M'bala M'bala used it well after the fact it was known in France for its anti-Semitic meaning.
Anelka used it when he played in a match broadcast live in France.
My phone auto corrects Anelka as Smells.
My phone is probably more astute on this matter than any number of wiki contributors.

I await the verdict with a sense of world weariness that weighs heavy.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:48 pm

a further fact (recently discovered)

your view is rubbish!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:06 pm

And here's something that I struggle with...
Anti-Zionists, those born after Zionism achieved its aims (with significant moral and legal help from the UNITED NATIONS).
In what way do they differ from the Racists who aren't racist that demand the repatriation of Jamaicans from this country, f'rinstance? :conf:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:14 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Some facts.
M'bala M'bala didn't invent it.
M'bala M'bala used it well after the fact it was known in France for its anti-Semitic meaning.
Anelka used it when he played in a match broadcast live in France.
My phone auto corrects Anelka as Smells.
My phone is probably more astute on this matter than any number of wiki contributors.

I await the verdict with a sense of world weariness that weighs heavy.
At first I thought he was just being a childish dick, then this makes it seem a bit more premeditated. Still doesn't say whether he thought it anti-semitic or not but I'm not sure anymore. Given that his mate is a convicted anti-semite, it's hard to defend him.
I see some toys flying out of a very expensive pram soon.

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:16 pm

It's all bollox is my response. I don't know why, but it's my opinion a certain section of football, (fan's, the FA, managers); have wanted to have a go at Anelka since he first stepped onto our shores. F***ers.................

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:18 pm

To me there's a difference between those against the existence of an Israeli homeland in the Middle East, and those against it's illegal expansion and oppression of the Palestinians. I'm no expert at all but zionism as a word seems to be quite ambiguous.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:10 pm

LeverEnd wrote:To me there's a difference between those against the existence of an Israeli homeland in the Middle East, and those against it's illegal expansion and oppression of the Palestinians. I'm no expert at all but zionism as a word seems to be quite ambiguous.
This. I do wonder if what may have been meant as an up yours to Israel has been leapt on by Pro Israeli groups and denounced as anti semitic - sadly, not uncommon.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:26 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:To me there's a difference between those against the existence of an Israeli homeland in the Middle East, and those against it's illegal expansion and oppression of the Palestinians. I'm no expert at all but zionism as a word seems to be quite ambiguous.
This. I do wonder if what may have been meant as an up yours to Israel has been leapt on by Pro Israeli groups and denounced as anti semitic - sadly, not uncommon.
True but then again if it were meant as such then he should get a hefty ban whether or not it was anti-semitic. No place for that on a football pitch either, whatever people think of Israel.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:56 pm

There's always one who complains, like someone sensitive who went to a Bernard Manning show!