Alan Pardew and his headbutt

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Alan Pardew and his headbutt

Post by Gravedigger » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:01 pm

Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew has apologised for headbutting Hull City midfielder David Meyler.
The Football Association said it will "investigate" after Pardew was dismissed during the second half of the Magpies' 4-1 victory at the KC Stadium.
The 52-year-old said: "I did not mean any damage to the guy but I have moved my head forward. I tried to push him away with my head.
"I apologise to everyone. I should not have got involved in it."
This guy should be arrested for assault and then frogmarched down the road. He's a feckin disgrace to English football and should never be allowed to manage a team again. Twot of the first order. 8)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Alan Pardew and his headbutt

Post by Prufrock » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:33 pm

Anyone actually seen it? I saw a really bad quality vine of it and it didn't look that bad. One of those poncy modern football 'headbutts' that they do when they shove their head at folks. You'd think he'd killed the Queen the way some folk are going on. Big ban sure but meh.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:15 pm

Just the guy's admission, 'The 52-year-old said: "I did not mean any damage to the guy but I have moved my head forward. I tried to push him away with my head."'

On the other hand any violence in football, or any other sport, is not to be tolerated. Pushed him away with his head FFS! That is out and out violence. He had no right even approaching the Hull player. He's a tosser of the highest order and hopefully someone will nice person him sooner rather than later, or will it be "I only pushed him away with my fist?" 8)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:16 pm

Here is a link. I would hardly call it a headbutt.

It was a stupid thing to do and he will get a lengthy touchline ban and deservedly so.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/are-y ... yler-vine/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

danhorwich
Promising
Promising

Post by danhorwich » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:31 pm

"Oh f**k off you daft southern c**t"

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:34 pm

First game on MOTD now...

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:48 pm

Newcastle have fined him £100,000 and given him a formal warning....

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:50 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:Newcastle have fined him £100,000 and given him a formal warning....
Two ways of thinking here.

(1) they want him out and are pushing him

(2) looks better at the FA hearing if their has been internal punishment

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:52 pm

Steve Bruce is a right fat c**t as well

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:32 pm

jaffka wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:Newcastle have fined him £100,000 and given him a formal warning....

He's a tit like, but shirley by the FA's own rules, considering that the referee has already dealt with it (by sending him to the stands) they can't take any further action, no?

Or will they once again make it up as they go along to suit?
Businesswoman of the year.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:35 pm

jaffka wrote:

Predictive text, feckin like a dan post :evil:

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:38 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
jaffka wrote:

He's a tit like, but shirley by the FA's own rules, considering that the referee has already dealt with it (by sending him to the stands) they can't take any further action, no?

Or will they once again make it up as they go along to suit?
The referee sent him off, presumably for violent conduct and will submit a report detailing that, there will be a punishment attached to that. Unless he wants to contest it but the internal punishment by Newcastle will predetermine his acceptance of guilt.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:51 pm

He's stated he's guilty. I heard his radio interview and he admitted his foolishness and that it was unacceptable and he would take any punishment going and that, from now on, he'd probably sit in the stands at future matches.

Newcastle are wise to be seen to have acted. The FA will still go for him but all this will be to his advantage.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

newcarsmell
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by newcarsmell » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:08 am

It's only 3 weeks since he apologised :roll: for the Pellegrini incident

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:13 am

newcarsmell wrote:It's only 3 weeks since he apologised :roll: for the Pellegrini incident
And not very long since he was banned for 2 games for pushing an assistant referee. He has a bit of history with getting embroiled in touchline incidents and I think they will throw the book at him this time.

Nov 2006
Following over enthusiastic celebrations when Marlon Harewood scored a late winner in a 1-0 victory over Arsenal, the then West Ham manager was pushed by Arsène Wenger on the touchline. Pardew apologised for his celebrations, while Wenger was fined.

Oct 2007
Intervened in what he said was an attempt to prevent a confrontation between Charlton and Hull players after Lloyd Sam and Ian Ashbee were sent off. Denying he made the situation worse, Pardew said: “I went on to the pitch just to get in between Dean Windass and Jon Fortune because I could see them squaring up.”

March 2012
Became embroiled in a touchline row with the then Sunderland manager Martin O’Neill. Pardew appeared to say something provocative to O’Neill as he wildly celebrated his Newcastle side winning a second-half penalty that they missed. “Silly things got said on the bench, it got out of hand and it was unsavoury but it happens,” Pardew said.

August 2012
Banned for two matches and fined £20,000 after pushing assistant referee Peter Kirkup in a row over a throw-in during Newcastle’s 2-1 home win against Tottenham. Pardew described his behaviour as “ridiculous”. He added: “I was just saying to the players about the great Olympics and how to set an example and there’s me pushing the linesman over.”

January 2014
Forced to apologise after he was picked up on television calling Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini a “f------ old c---” during a heated 2-0 defeat at St James’ Park. “I hear my comments were picked up and I apologise for them 100 per cent,” Pardew said.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:40 am

Why did the Hull lad get booked? A bit harsh getting booked for being nutted. Fair play to him, he didn't make it look worse than it was. It wasn't particularly dangerous in itself but given his rap sheet as detailed above he'd going to get hammered, and rightly so.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:54 am

LeverEnd wrote:Why did the Hull lad get booked? A bit harsh getting booked for being nutted. Fair play to him, he didn't make it look worse than it was. It wasn't particularly dangerous in itself but given his rap sheet as detailed above he'd going to get hammered, and rightly so.
He pushed Pardew initially when running after the ball.

Edit - A guess
Last edited by malcd1 on Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:00 pm

A head nudge, hardly a head butt, but a stupid thing to do; the intent was obviously aggressive. He really didn't expect to get away with that in a televised game did he? Amazed at somebody who's been in the game that long acting so blatantly stupid.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:18 pm

I wonder how they'd react to an AK47 gun toting hobo on the sideline? :mrgreen:

He does seem to be a very unclassy manager at least folk like Jose do things with a bit of style.

Ban him for good from the touchline, end of.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:17 pm

Hoboh wrote:I wonder how they'd react to an AK47 gun toting hobo on the sideline? :mrgreen:

He does seem to be a very unclassy manager at least folk like Jose do things with a bit of style.

Ban him for good from the touchline, end of.
Like poking Tito Vilanova in the eye and then hiding behind someone? Pardew is a dick but so is Mourihno.

Last edited by LeverEnd on Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.