Alan Pardew and his headbutt

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Alan Pardew and his headbutt

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:39 pm

Head butt?
If that was a head butt, I've been brought up on the wrong streets. A head butt when delivered correctly, not only splits the nasal bone, resulting in a massive nose bleed, and difficulty in breathing for the unfortunate victim for days afterwards, but usually ends up with the the attackee reeling off, clutching their face, in a usually unsuccessful attempt to remain on their feet!
Head butt? Do me a favour, that was a love tap. There are some fecking wimps bred these days. Maybe you want to man a barricade and get a real cause.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:00 pm

Well, not a head butt in the accepted way, LLS, so an illegal meeting of parts of the body as determined by the laws of footie. If he'd been innocent he wouldn't have been sent off or fined by his club. Better hand back the keys to the outrage bus. lmao. 8)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:01 pm

headbutts never work , theyre too coreographed and take ages to do. the hull player had about half and hour to haymaker the creepy bastard about eight times ..

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:35 am

He should get the same punishment as the hundreds of players who do it every single season up and down the leagues.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:29 pm

boltonboris wrote:He should get the same punishment as the hundreds of players who do it every single season up and down the leagues.
Indeed, I've argued this before, as it's one FA everyone plays under. To that end, Cantona should have been sine die.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:32 pm

a1 wrote:headbutts never work , theyre too coreographed and take ages to do. the hull player had about half and hour to haymaker the creepy bastard about eight times ..
:lol: :lol:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:55 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
boltonboris wrote:He should get the same punishment as the hundreds of players who do it every season up and down the leagues.
Indeed, I've argued this before, as it's one FA everyone plays under. To that end, Cantona should have been sine die.
Extra for a manager, Shirley ?

Say .... 25x more as his sqyad has 25 players he's supposed to be in charge of. .... 75 games .... just under 2 seasons. Oh, let's round it up. 2 season touchline ban. Sounds fair to me.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:57 pm

I dunno.

I can't stand the bloke but the Hull lad shouldn't have pushed him. Pardew would have been perfectly within his rights to merely shove back.

In fact if he'd done nothing but looked outraged the ref may have been very hard on the player instead. Shove a manager? Probably marching-orders.

Headbutt was an over-reaction and he has previous, but I wouldn't throw the book at him. There should be some decision on the player. If a manager can't touch a player then a player can't do it either.

Maybe I just hate bad manners. Though I'd love to have seen Pardew fall on the ball and Meyler try and kick it out from under him. Proper panto.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:41 pm

Life then. If you're going to go all pussy about it. Ban him forever ... and if he's a Buddist, for the next life too.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:05 am

bobo the clown wrote:Life then. If you're going to go all pussy about it. Ban him forever ... and if he's a Buddist, for the next life too.
Buddist? :D you need to take a leaf out of my book, petal. It doesn't matter what branch of buddism you follow so long as you're true to your roots.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:35 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:Life then. If you're going to go all pussy about it. Ban him forever ... and if he's a Buddist, for the next life too.
Buddist? :D you need to take a leaf out of my book, petal. It doesn't matter what branch of buddism you follow so long as you're true to your roots.

That's a bold stamen to make LLS. Better watch your bark from now on. Bobo will be watching your posts very carefully from now on. :wink:

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:27 pm

Trees

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:40 pm

:lol:

You didn't put it in bold though, so I don't get it.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:43 pm

And, seen it again on proper telly and meh. More bollocks fuss over nothing. Half the fecking programme about it (and like Hull-Newcastle would've been first without it) and talk about the bloody football as an after-thought. More soap opera bullshit.

I think it is worse than if a player had done it; he should be setting an example, but it's still not as bad as biting someone like that feral little cnut who's now the golden boy (for being, admittedly, blindingly good at football).
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

danhorwich
Promising
Promising

Post by danhorwich » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:15 pm

According to the rubbish Royal fans I know "it was totally out of character" :roll: .
"Oh f**k off you daft southern c**t"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:33 pm

danhorwich wrote:According to the rubbish Royal fans I know "it was totally out of character" :roll: .
You mean he was just going head-to-head with the player Dan? :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

danhorwich
Promising
Promising

Post by danhorwich » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:02 pm

It wasent a full head butt as the press would make you believe if you did not see the incident. But apparently Pardew is an "unconfrontational bloke"
"Oh f**k off you daft southern c**t"

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:46 pm

7 match ban and £60k fine.....3 of those games are stadium bans......

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... r-headbutt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:07 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:7 match ban and £60k fine.....3 of those games are stadium bans......

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... r-headbutt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I think this is a fair punishment.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:18 pm

malcd1 wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:7 match ban and £60k fine.....3 of those games are stadium bans......

I think this is a fair punishment.
It sounds like they've absolutely raped him there!