Your England XI

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Your England XI

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 13, 2014 10:06 am

bwfcdan94 wrote:I have a question that nobody seems to have asked yet, who is going to tackle? We have a side full of young skilful midfielders but none of them can tackle. Most game of football are won in the centre of midfield so not having A defensively minded midfielder means we haven't got a hope of winning any games.
Gerrard will sit as he has for Liverpool. I agree that we look a little light on bite in midfield. However, what will be more important will be keeping the ball I think. And we have players more suited to that. If we drop deep and hit teams on the break we again have players suited to doing that.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Tue May 13, 2014 12:04 pm

Gerrard and Henderson will be the main one to put a foot in. Wiltshire isn't shy of putting a foot in as well. We will be reet! you don't win feck all with kids so we will probably win the thing ;)

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue May 13, 2014 12:06 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:I agree Insane one. It's about time the 'golden generation' were discarded. I do still think that the managers pick players too readily for who they play for. Hopefully this is a step in the right direction.
Until you see Danny Wellshit, Phil Jlolnes and Chris Smallting in the squad
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue May 13, 2014 12:23 pm

ChrisC wrote:Gerrard and Henderson will be the main one to put a foot in. Wiltshire isn't shy of putting a foot in as well. We will be reet! you don't win feck all with kids so we will probably win the thing ;)
:lol: , Henderson is as soft as sh*te, Gerrard will try his best but is not a defensive player and Wiltshire will keep himself well out of it. What happened to the likes of David Batty, they were replaced a load of players without bottle.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 13, 2014 12:36 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:I agree Insane one. It's about time the 'golden generation' were discarded. I do still think that the managers pick players too readily for who they play for. Hopefully this is a step in the right direction.
Jones and Smalling are there because they can both play full back or centre half. As much as I think both are very average I'm not sure there were or are other compelling options.

Welbeck is terrible but again who else would go?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue May 13, 2014 12:42 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
Jones and Smalling are there because they can both play full back or centre half. As much as I think both are very average I'm not sure there were or are other compelling options.

Welbeck is terrible but again who else would go?
Me..I'll go.. All 3 are shit. Jlolnes gets run ragged, falls over and hurts himself, Smalling is weak as piss, can't mark and can't head. Can't really run and kick very well either.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue May 13, 2014 12:53 pm

I think Smalling is gash and that whilst Jones could be a good player he just hasn't shown it yet. Done nowhere near enough for me. I'd have had Caulker and Stones (who can cover RB too) instead of them.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Tue May 13, 2014 2:43 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:
ChrisC wrote:Gerrard and Henderson will be the main one to put a foot in. Wiltshire isn't shy of putting a foot in as well. We will be reet! you don't win feck all with kids so we will probably win the thing ;)
:lol: , Henderson is as soft as sh*te, Gerrard will try his best but is not a defensive player and Wiltshire will keep himself well out of it. What happened to the likes of David Batty, they were replaced a load of players without bottle.
Henderson has been top draw this season. You should know that with your never ending knowledge of the game. Surprised you don't have a mate who knows his sister who told you what size boxers he wears ;)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue May 13, 2014 3:09 pm

Wiltshire:

Wilshere:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri May 16, 2014 12:53 pm

Tell Lallana he's Coutinho, and Rooney that he's Suarez and sorted.

------------Hart-----------------
Johnson-Cahill-Jagielka-Baines
----------Gerrard(with studs not mouldies)
----Henderson-Lallana--------------
----------Sterling---------------
--------Sturridge-Rooney
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri May 16, 2014 1:05 pm

Prufrock wrote:Tell Lallana he's Coutinho, and Rooney that he's Suarez and sorted.

------------Hart-----------------
Johnson-Cahill-Jagielka-Baines
----------Gerrard(with studs not mouldies)
----Henderson-Lallana--------------
----------Sterling---------------
--------Sturridge-Rooney
Think I'd start Rooney on the bench.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:53 pm

a1 wrote:why roy hodge has 83 southampton players in his squad , i'll never know.

when bolton were top eight-ing it on the reg, nolan and davies and the likes never got a look in. some kinda bias going on there.

with tossbeck , carrick and the other assorted failures , and gerrard'll go missing when a big team susses him out after 5 minutes and he'll dives all over the shop to win zero penalties.

first round knockout shocker
holy shit

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:06 pm

re: chambers's call up , plays four games for arsenal and he's in.

it's like he (roy) is taking the piss.

old school tie

and rooney keeps getting rewarded despite acting the dick, wouldnt be surprised if he threatened to put in for a transfer if he didnt get it, either that or a wage rise.

fecking good job the group is one that bolton would finish top of.

[edit]

fabian delph ? jesus

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:32 pm

a1 wrote:re: chambers's call up , plays four games for arsenal and he's in.

it's like he (roy) is taking the piss.

old school tie

and rooney keeps getting rewarded despite acting the dick, wouldnt be surprised if he threatened to put in for a transfer if he didnt get it, either that or a wage rise.

fecking good job the group is one that bolton would finish top of.

[edit]

fabian delph ? jesus
Depressing stuff. The England team permanently fecked I think. The Premier league has finally killed it. At least this lot can't blame burnout and too many games, they play an average of about 8 a season.

Thank goodness I have Bolton to support.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:31 pm

Team for tomorrow. I like the overall look. Hopefully to kids show the passion for the shirt. Glad to see the back of Gerrard etc.. Time for a fresh start.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:31 am

Anybody watch this? Papers seem to be giving Hodgson and the team the usual benefit of their 1966 school of footbal thinking, ie England are a top international side and we should be winning everything. Truth is, we haven't been that for years. Personally, I saw a decent young side in the building with a few lads doing really well. They dominated a poorish Norwegian side who at least defended tigerishly, then went to sleep a bit in the second half, which was much more realistic. The Norwegians took it to us in the second half and it looked more like a game instead of a one-sided nothing-at-stake friendly. Wayne Rooney is never captain material. He hasn't the personality, nor will he command respect from his fellow players. Cahill is far more suited to the job with his calm attitude and I reckon he's the future. Rooney is, for me, a spent firework. For the rest it's forget delusions of grandeur and carry on building. Oh, and ignore the media football experts.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:33 am

Nope. Couldn't be arsed. I think I need a break from football as nothing about it is attractive at present. Maybe 10 years or so might do it.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:51 am

bobo the clown wrote:Nope. Couldn't be arsed. I think I need a break from football as nothing about it is attractive at present. Maybe 10 years or so might do it.

tbh - i forgot it was even on...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:54 am

I watched it. It was a bit like watching us...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:32 pm

thebish wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:Nope. Couldn't be arsed. I think I need a break from football as nothing about it is attractive at present. Maybe 10 years or so might do it.

tbh - i forgot it was even on...
I didn't even know there was a game on until yesterday morning...
May the bridges I burn light your way