Your England XI

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Your England XI

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon May 12, 2014 1:59 pm

Roy is announcing his squad live on'tinternetto! Have we done that before? How severely underexciting.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Mon May 12, 2014 2:02 pm

Can't really argue with that. Would have had Defoe in for Welbeck though.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Mon May 12, 2014 2:27 pm

Compare that to the squad four years ago. Stephen Warnock!

1. David James
2. Glen Johnson
3. Ashley Cole
4. Steven Gerrard
5. Rio Ferdinand
6. John Terry
7. Aaron Lennon
8. Frank Lampard
9. Peter Crouch
10. Wayne Rooney
11. Joe Cole
12. Robert Green
13. Stephen Warnock
14. Gareth Barry
15. Matthew Upson
16. James Milner
17. Shaun Wright-Phillips
18. Jamie Carragher
19. Jermain Defoe
20. Ledley King
21. Emile Heskey
22. Michael Carrick
23. Joe Hart
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon May 12, 2014 2:30 pm

3 ex-Bolton players in the line-up. :wink:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 12, 2014 2:33 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Roy is announcing his squad live on'tinternetto! Have we done that before? How severely underexciting.
This is a low key squad announcement. Weren't there whole shows dedicated to it before?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon May 12, 2014 2:34 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Yeah I'd have had Cole in the squad too. I'm all for getting the new guard in but Cole's experience would have been massively useful. I'm not convinced by Baines as an international full back, but we'll see.
I'd much sooner have seen Baines as back up for Cole (or an either/or situation) with the young shaver from Southampton being introduced for the Euro qualifiers.

The other one, albeit one that's likely to be an irrelevance, is I'd have had Ruddy in long before I'd have had the boy from Celtic in. And no, it's not a dig at Scottish footie, but the fact remains that he could be called upon to face some of the best attacking players in the world.
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 12, 2014 3:38 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Yeah I'd have had Cole in the squad too. I'm all for getting the new guard in but Cole's experience would have been massively useful. I'm not convinced by Baines as an international full back, but we'll see.
I'd much sooner have seen Baines as back up for Cole (or an either/or situation) with the young shaver from Southampton being introduced for the Euro qualifiers.

The other one, albeit one that's likely to be an irrelevance, is I'd have had Ruddy in long before I'd have had the boy from Celtic in. And no, it's not a dig at Scottish footie, but the fact remains that he could be called upon to face some of the best attacking players in the world.
Shaw has to be in the squad for me. I reckon he could play in front of a left back as well. We need to get these lads in now rather than resist and make the same mistakes of sticking with the old guard we did before.

But yeah Cole is one of those who has worthwhile experience. Internationally our back four looks very inexperienced really and it is probably the one area that really needs an old head or two.

However, the thinking should really be that we have no chance of winning it but by blooding youngsters and giving them real tournament experience we are setting ourselves up for 2 or 4 years time. That may be cliched but we don't want the Beckham situation repeating all over again.....

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon May 12, 2014 3:51 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Roy is announcing his squad live on'tinternetto! Have we done that before? How severely underexciting.
This is a low key squad announcement. Weren't there whole shows dedicated to it before?
Not that I'm aware of... first thing I've ever known of a squad announcement has always come from reading a newspaper. I've never seen it the same light as say an FA Cup round draw. It isn't something that I'd ever thought of investing much expectation of excitement into, and certainly don't deem it necessary to have a countdown to. So to me its pretty pointless having the selection announced 'live' at a specified time.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 12, 2014 3:57 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Not that I'm aware of... first thing I've ever known of a squad announcement has always come from reading a newspaper. I've never seen it the same light as say an FA Cup round draw. It isn't something that I'd ever thought of investing much expectation of excitement into, and certainly don't deem it necessary to have a countdown to. So to me its pretty pointless having the selection announced 'live' at a specified time.
Apparently in 2006 there was a "party" at the Cafe Royal in London with DJ Spoony there for Sven's world cup squad announcement!

This was more low key by comparison.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon May 12, 2014 4:01 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Apparently in 2006 there was a "party" at the Cafe Royal in London with DJ Spoony there for Sven's world cup squad announcement!

This was more low key by comparison.
I didn't know. This was far too high key for my liking, but trust Sven to out high key it.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Mon May 12, 2014 7:16 pm

ChrisC wrote:Image

Can't really argue with that. Would have had Defoe in for Welbeck though.
Wayne Rooney the wuss in long sleeves
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Mon May 12, 2014 7:24 pm

who the feck is john stones ?

knowing roy , i'll bet he's played 10 minutes for southampton or liverpool.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Mon May 12, 2014 7:31 pm

Quite a good player that Everton had brought through their ranks, he is a centre back, Cahill type.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Mon May 12, 2014 8:15 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:Quite a good player that Everton had brought through their ranks, he is a centre back, Cahill type.
"Brought through the ranks" in this scenario meaning "bought from Barnsley"...

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Mon May 12, 2014 8:48 pm

I am only quoting Talkshite? just shows what bollocks that programme is.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Mon May 12, 2014 9:04 pm

truewhite15 wrote: "Brought through the ranks" in this scenario meaning "bought from Barnsley"...
so he's a bobby shitcoat hypnocoin special .

danny dub plain yorkshirite wouldve had no chance convincing roy of that one.

wouldnt have even got him in the england b z team.

no matter how good the kid is.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon May 12, 2014 9:07 pm

a1 wrote:
truewhite15 wrote: "Brought through the ranks" in this scenario meaning "bought from Barnsley"...

Grow up, you fecking imbecile and communicate in English!
May the bridges I burn light your way

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon May 12, 2014 9:09 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
a1 wrote:

:oyea:

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Mon May 12, 2014 9:26 pm

jaffka wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
a1 wrote:

:oyea:
I concur.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Mon May 12, 2014 9:33 pm

danny dub = danny wilson

w = dubya / dub / double u

yorkshirite wouldve been better as yorkshire-ite and is a reference to his accent , verses martinez's 'foriegn = automatically better' -ness.

see also = mauricio pochettino , compare him to megson or pardew or something. you'd think he were jock stein or summat the way the papers go on.

i think he's (martinez is) the spanish coyle, I might be wrong, maybe he claps less, i dunno . But I get the same vibes, he got wigan relegated by signing shite, and folk still think the sun shines out of his arse. he can play the media well , maybe.

also ole solskjaer has got no 'stick' for being utterly shite . its definitely something. maybe they know the 'right' people.

allardyce / bwfc got fecking battered in a tv expose that had no basis on anything other than fecking over bolton wanderers. they did similar to alex fergusons brother , and spent about 9 years trying to apologise to his brother (alex, who was acting like a sulking baby over it) rather than the person in question. even though iirc he got fined for being bent (ie, they were right in that case.. *maybe* i carnt really remember)

he (roberto martinez) wears a shit coat (was like a john motson sheepskin type thing) - I may have only seen him wear it once, but it was in fecking early september or summat , 85-90 degree weather. i laughed at the soft get and its my nickname for him now. people called ferguson 'red nose' coz his nose is red .

fair enough the kid's (this john stones lad) in the top flight now, but still ..

rings a bit false .. i'dve took ashley cole.
Last edited by a1 on Mon May 12, 2014 10:06 pm, edited 7 times in total.