Andrea Pirlo autobiography

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Andrea Pirlo autobiography

Post by KeyserSoze » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:27 am

some absolute pearls from this one.

"Even Sir Alex Ferguson, the purple-nosed manager who turned Manchester United into a fearsome battleship, couldn’t resist the temptation. He's a man without blemish, but he ruined that purity just for a moment when it came to me. A fleeting shabbiness came over the legend that night." This is him talking about Man U getting Ji Sung Park to man-mark him. :lol:

on taking a penalty in euro 2006: "I lifted my eyes to the heavens and asked for help because if God exists, there's no way he's French. I took a long intense breath. That breath was mine, but it could have been the manual worker who truggles to make it to the end of the month, the rich businessman who's a bit of a shit, the teacher, the student, the hooker on the street corner. In that moment I was all of them. It was right in that moment that I understood what a great thing it is to be Italian. It's truly a priceless privilege."

"I’ll never fully shake that sense of absolute impotence when destiny is at work. The feeling will cling to my feet forever, trying to pull me down…

There are always lessons to be found in the darkest moments. It’s a moral obligation to dig deep and find that little glimmer of hope or pearl of wisdom. You might hit upon an elegant phrase that stays with you and makes the journey that little bit less bitter. I’ve tried with Istanbul and haven’t managed to get beyond these words: for feck’s sake."

what a man.

Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Re: Andrea Pirlo autobiography

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:38 am

Always thought he was an absolute little shit as a player but was non the less a technical genius. Clearly quite a funny bloke.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:40 pm

Ha! Loving 'if god exists there's no way he's French'.

Is it published in English or has someone translated?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:54 pm

"We met in the room used for team meals, halfway between the kitchen and the hall with the hearth where Berlusconi would pound away on the piano and tell various kinds of jokes."
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:10 pm

:lol: i'm not sure whether this is real or just some sitcom Pirlo's created in his head.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:22 pm

KeyserSoze wrote::lol: i'm not sure whether this is real or just some sitcom Pirlo's created in his head.
I think some of it must be in his dreams.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:33 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:
KeyserSoze wrote::lol: i'm not sure whether this is real or just some sitcom Pirlo's created in his head.
I think some of it must be in his dreams.
Each to their own is what I say.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:10 am

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:"We met in the room used for team meals, halfway between the kitchen and the hall with the hearth where Berlusconi would pound away on the piano and tell various kinds of jokes."
I wonder who he had over the piano, the old letch?!

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:13 am

I see he's settling in for a day on the piss in that picture. He's got a good few bottles of wine ready to go.

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:14 am

Or has he finished them already?