new 3rd division for premiershiop B-teams

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

new 3rd division for premiershiop B-teams

Post by thebish » Fri May 09, 2014 1:33 pm

so - Greg Dyke's new plans..

good thing? bad thing?

I have to say I don't grasp the B-team new league thing... if Stoke City B team is playing against other B teams and conference teams - then how does that make them any closer to being england players?

if prem teams want B-team players getting more match practice - then surely they just loan them out?

OR - why can't Prem B teams play against other Prem B teams on the same day that the first team play? share a coach - play on the training ground of the host team??

why tinker about with a new league and bugger up the lives of conference teams?

I didn't really hear the rest.. summat about feeder clubs? what's that about then?

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Re: new 3rd division for premiershiop B-teams

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri May 09, 2014 1:45 pm

It's utter nonsense that will lead to even more stock piling of players by Utd et al. This will not be helpful to smaller clubs and those in the lower divisions.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri May 09, 2014 2:05 pm

It's bollocks.

Firstly, lower league clubs have their own plans for success and progression and don't want to be glorified B teams for the big boys dependent only on their loans.

Secondly, they keep saying that if it carries on then the England manager will have to pick players from the Championship. Well, that means we're not producing good enough ones then doesn't it?! If they aren't good enough to compete with the foreign players to get into the top teams, then they aren't going to be good enough to compete with the foreign players when they play against them for England are they?!

Thirdly, how does this B Team league 'between league 2 and the conference' work? Can these B teams get promoted and relegated? They must be able to as otherwise Conference teams would have to skip it on the way up, and League 2 on the way down and so it wouldn't be 'between' them at all. If they do get promoted and relegated, how far can they go? And what happens to a team promoted to this middle league. Do they have to wait for the x number of years it takes all of the B teams to get promoted out of it?

Constant gimmicks. The key is better coaching, pure and simple. Not bollocks fad ideas.

The good ones will make it. Of a likely England XI:

Hart

Johnson Cahill Jagielka Baines

Sterling-Gerrard-Henderson-Lallana

Sturridge-Rooney

The bold all had loans, or came through, at teams outside the prem!
Last edited by Prufrock on Fri May 09, 2014 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri May 09, 2014 2:06 pm

thebish wrote:so - Greg Dyke's new plans..

good thing? bad thing? Bad Thing

I have to say I don't grasp the B-team new league thing... if Stoke City B team is playing against other B teams and conference teams - then how does that make them any closer to being england players? It won't

if prem teams want B-team players getting more match practice - then surely they just loan them out? Yep

OR - why can't Prem B teams play against other Prem B teams on the same day that the first team play? share a coach - play on the training ground of the host team?? Why not?

why tinker about with a new league and bugger up the lives of conference teams? Money

I didn't really hear the rest.. summat about feeder clubs? what's that about then?
Money

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri May 09, 2014 2:10 pm

Here's a scenario..

Player A is a promising young player. He plays for Chelsea's B team and scores a few goals. Chelsea need to bring someone through because they have injuries. He get's off the bench and plays for the first team.

Chelsea's injured players return. Does he go back to the B team? does he feck, because the UEFA rules will apparently prevent it. So promising player A then stagnates for practically a full season..
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri May 09, 2014 2:23 pm

Raheem Sterling is 19, with 57 Liverpool appearances and experience of playing a big role in a (hopefully now unsuccessful) title challenge.

Luke Shaw is 18 with 58 Southampton appearances and been a star performer.

They're good enough, so they're competing.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri May 09, 2014 2:30 pm

So ... the system creates such a financial imbalance that the top teams can harvest talent.

The same authorities then limit the usable squad to 25 (with caveats) to discourage harvesting.

Many players don't get reasonable playing time.

So .... now here's a ruse, create a competition si they CAN get playing time ... even if that fcks all over the smaller clubs, who are already broke and raped of their talent.

Winner.
Last edited by bobo the clown on Fri May 09, 2014 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri May 09, 2014 2:36 pm

Duscoursfe....That sounds like it should be a grown up word.

Someone really needs to get Bobes a keyboard...I think we should maybe have a whip-round.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri May 09, 2014 2:53 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Duscoursfe....That sounds like it should be a grown up word.

Someone really needs to get Bobes a keyboard...I think we should maybe have a whip-round.
Don't know what you're talking about !! :oops: :oops:

(Bobes needs not to type on his phone given he has astigmatism in both eyes and he's sort of lucky to get anywhere near AND a big box of "be patient" with a bottle of "check before you send").

...& should carry his readers with him.

Cracking word though.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri May 09, 2014 3:08 pm

IMO the only way to improve it is to try to encourage as many clubs as possible to spend as much as possible on developing young players with the best coaching possible.

The main way to do that is to ensure that they are properly compensated for the players they do produce. There should be standard clauses inserted into every transfer of a player under 21. £X amount per premier league appearance, European appearance, title, European title, England cap, up to Y number of each. So if Nick Powell gets 100 England caps, 500 Premier league appearances, 4 Premier League titles and 2 Champions Leagues, then Crewe should be getting £15m+.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri May 09, 2014 3:34 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:Duscoursfe....That sounds like it should be a grown up word.

Don't know what you're talking about !! :oops: :oops:

(Bobes needs not to type on his phone given he has astigmatism in both eyes and he's sort of lucky to get anywhere near AND a big box of "be patient" with a bottle of "check before you send").

...& should carry his readers with him.

Cracking word though.
you need to go on apple :wink:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri May 09, 2014 3:55 pm

A terrible idea from someone who clearly just wants to look like he has solutions to the problem.

Everything has been said by others. Clubs should be encouraged to loan out their young players earlier and more readily to get them experience as soon as possible.

What needs looking at is the standard of and methods applied to the coaching of young players. That would be more worthwhile.

Especially at grass roots level.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri May 09, 2014 5:32 pm

It is a disgrace, What happens if these teams get promoted, are we going to be in a situation whereby Man city B play Man City A in the premier league. So is the plan to stop the B teams from being promoted, oh ok so we could be in a position where a team finishes 10th/11/12th and gets promoted because everyone above them is a B team. Greg Dyke :crazy:
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri May 09, 2014 5:45 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:It is a disgrace, What happens if these teams get promoted, are we going to be in a situation whereby Man city B play Man City A in the premier league. So is the plan to stop the B teams from being promoted, oh ok so we could be in a position where a team finishes 10th/11/12th and gets promoted because everyone above them is a B team. Greg Dyke :crazy:

I don't think they can get promoted beyond Div1... at least, that's what I think I heard - I may have misheard!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri May 09, 2014 6:03 pm

Chengdu Blades and Sheff U. Lazio & Watford. It's already occurring... this way it is kept domestic rather than International.
It also already happens in some foreign leagues too, even to the point where the B teams can and are promoted to the top division.
Meh.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri May 09, 2014 6:06 pm

and - who will support the premiership B teams? B-fans?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri May 09, 2014 6:06 pm

I'm slightly disappointed that Insano doesn't see it as this week's Most Disastrous Thing That Could Ever Happen Ever.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri May 09, 2014 6:08 pm

thebish wrote:and - who will support the premiership B teams? B-fans?
Yup... 8)
I like bees.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri May 09, 2014 6:09 pm

maybe the B-teams will be supported by the likes of Bobo for a small fee?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri May 09, 2014 6:13 pm

thebish wrote:maybe the B-teams will be supported by the likes of Bobo for a small fee?
I don't think we could offload him that easily... :wink:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください