345mil v 30mil.

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: 345mil v 30mil.

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat May 24, 2014 10:06 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Which one's Ramos?
He's the one BWFCi ( as usual) hasn't a fxcking clue about Bruce.
:shock:
I don't sadly have TD's expertise of knowing all about players I've never seen play....
Oh, so you've never watched Spain play, never watched Real Madrid play, don't know Ramos and you think Gary Neville is right. Okay, fair enough.
What I think is that nowhere did I say Ramos was a bad player. Just that he was at that point having a particularly poor game.

As are Ronaldo and Bale to this point. Neither are poor players though.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat May 24, 2014 10:20 pm

Alright, apologies, I over-reacted. I'm a big Ramos fan..... :oops:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat May 24, 2014 10:25 pm

Cracking game of football. Great energy and effort and the score was a bit complimentary. Athletico played really well, particualrly in defence. Real's best players for me, Ramos, Modric, Marcello and Di Maria. Ronaldo, as usual thinks it's all about him. I really don't like that man.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat May 24, 2014 10:42 pm

You'd have to feel for Atletico.

Think their injuries to Turan and Costa ultimately did for them as they just lacked attacking options to ease the pressure late on.

Great game though.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat May 24, 2014 10:56 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:You'd have to feel for Atletico.
Just checking my 'Feel' account for a Spanish football club?! Nowt?! :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat May 24, 2014 10:58 pm

Think their injuries to Turan and Costa ultimately did for them as they just lacked attacking options to ease the pressure late on.

Great game though.
As u said about Derby, they apparently fooked it.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun May 25, 2014 1:35 am

Godin's goal won me £45 so I'm f*cking happy. Ramos scored the goal but I'd not have him in my team even if he came with Bale and Ronaldo (OK, maybe). Liability doesn't come close. Not even close. I know TD loves him but he's a car crash waiting to happen.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun May 25, 2014 8:34 am

Great game though.
no their fans are c*nts.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun May 25, 2014 8:37 am

bwfcdan94 wrote:

Great game though.
no their fans are c*nts.
:roll:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun May 25, 2014 8:41 am

thebish wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:

Great game though.
no their fans are c*nts.
:roll:
Every last one of 'email.... and tthey live in a shithole. Thank God the Real fans are so different.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sun May 25, 2014 8:43 am

bwfcdan94 wrote:

Great game though.
no their fans are c*nts.
Yeah but what are you giving Madrid as its rusty bullet-hole score on Dan's patented shitholeometer?
Businesswoman of the year.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun May 25, 2014 9:27 am

It was alright, seemed less nice when innocent people were getting clubbed by riot police though.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun May 25, 2014 9:31 am

Enjoyed the game, best player on the field, Lukas 'Scholes' Moderich.
Real ticked away through this guy!
Last 20 mins you knew they'd win if they scored, hats off t'other lot shame their high power pressing game ran out of steam.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun May 25, 2014 10:39 am

I just find "high level" European football so difficult to watch due to all the diving.
I fear the World Cup will be the same .... & the Premiership is increasingly so.

Someone has to get a grip on it, Shirley.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun May 25, 2014 10:42 am

bobo the clown wrote:I just find "high level" European football so difficult to watch due to all the diving.
I fear the World Cup will be the same .... & the Premiership is increasingly so.

Ronaldo did 'classic' when he went down and no one had touched him :mrgreen: (not the penalty btw)

Yeah it does take the manliness out of the sport but I blame it more on the must win it anyway you can because of the cash!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun May 25, 2014 11:11 am

Prufrock wrote:Godin's goal won me £45 so I'm f*cking happy. Ramos scored the goal but I'd not have him in my team even if he came with Bale and Ronaldo (OK, maybe). Liability doesn't come close. Not even close. I know TD loves him but he's a car crash waiting to happen.
Based on what exactly? He's fiery granted and needs to keep out of situations he's not involved in, but how does that make him a player you wouldn't have in your team? Nobody, but nobody gets into a Real side unless they're very good. His management think he is, the fans think he is, the Spanish national team selectors think he is, he can play central defender and right back equally well, he gives 100% every game (and I watch as many as I can on TV) and he's also one of the cheapest players they ever had and was a full international at eighteen. He scored two great goals a fortnight ago and one last night and was involved in everything, so why would you not have him in a team? Give me a decent reason?

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun May 25, 2014 11:29 am

bobo the clown wrote:I just find "high level" European football so difficult to watch due to all the diving.

+1 I stopped watching it at the end of 90 mins.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun May 25, 2014 11:32 am

Coz he's a lunatic liable to get sent off at any time, particularly the big games. He's a good player most of the time but not even nearly worth the hassle IMO.

Also, 'one of the cheapest players they ever had'?! He cost £25m, and is still the sixth most expensive teenager ever!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun May 25, 2014 12:52 pm

Prufrock wrote:Coz he's a lunatic liable to get sent off at any time, particularly the big games. He's a good player most of the time but not even nearly worth the hassle IMO.

Also, 'one of the cheapest players they ever had'?! He cost £25m, and is still the sixth most expensive teenager ever!
Yesterday's paper showed the line up and fees. He was listed at 18mil and third cheapest player in the team. So, a good player but a lunatic? :wink:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun May 25, 2014 1:11 pm

19 Real red cards including 3 against Barca. He's a liability.

As for the price, he cost E27m. Depends when you take the exchange rate at as to what you get in £££s, but either way, it's pretty clear he absolutely is not one of the cheapest players they ever had!

And ever third cheapest in the line-up is bollocks. Casillas, Marcelo, Varane, Carvajal, Khedira all cost less.In fact, the entirety of the rest of the back four and keeper cost less combined than Ramos. He weren't cheap!