Fabregas is back Gooner Girl!

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Re: Fabregas is back Gooner Girl!

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:46 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:Sagna to Man City now too. :( Knew it was coming but still pissed off. Wenger is starting to make a habit of gifting some of our best players to our nearest rivals. I don't like it. I know they can afford to pay tons more in salary then we can and maybe club loyalty means sod all these days but still annoyed and frustrated he does it.
Maybe it's because players know they will never win a league title if they are at Arsenal? why would a player of any real quality want to stay at Arsenal or Spurs for that matter, both a long long way behind City and Chelsea.
Daniel, if you value your testicles you will not bracket us in the same category as spurs. :evil:

We weren't a 'long, long way' behind City and Chelsea last season and we actually led the league longer then any other team. I think 'never win a league title at Arsenal' is a huge rash generalisation. I don't disagree he may be slightly more likely to win one at City but don't write us off before the season is even started. That's foolish of you. At least wait and see how many unknown French teenager's Arsene buys for £2.99 each before doing that please.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:49 pm

thebish wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:Sagna to Man City now too. :( Knew it was coming but still pissed off. Wenger is starting to make a habit of gifting some of our best players to our nearest rivals. I don't like it. I know they can afford to pay tons more in salary then we can and maybe club loyalty means sod all these days but still annoyed and frustrated he does it.

chelsea might be nearby - but Manchester is miles away!
I meant in terms of chances of winning trophies rather then geographical location.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:53 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:I remember hearing some daft presenter on BBC describe Arsenal vs Man UTD as a big derby(keep in mind this was about 5 years ago, long after Arsenal were any good). Listen to me very carefully when I say Man untied could not give a flying f**k about Arsenal, they hate at least 5 teams more than Arsenal, if not more. It's like us trying to claim Ipswich is a big derby because of some play off game.
You do spout some bollocks Dan. They hate Liverpool and City more possibly, we hate Spurs more, but theres been so many nasty bite points over the years and we spent much of the late 1990's/early 2000's battling for the premier league with them that there is a very healthy rivalry. Before your time, little one ;)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:55 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
thebish wrote:

chelsea might be nearby - but Manchester is miles away!
I meant in terms of chances of winning trophies rather then geographical location.
in which case... same answer!

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:44 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:
Maybe it's because players know they will never win a league title if they are at Arsenal? why would a player of any real quality want to stay at Arsenal or Spurs for that matter, both a long long way behind City and Chelsea.
Daniel, if you value your testicles you will not bracket us in the same category as spurs. :evil:

We weren't a 'long, long way' behind City and Chelsea last season and we actually led the league longer then any other team. I think 'never win a league title at Arsenal' is a huge rash generalisation. I don't disagree he may be slightly more likely to win one at City but don't write us off before the season is even started. That's foolish of you. At least wait and see how many unknown French teenager's Arsene buys for £2.99 each before doing that please.
GG every season you lead the league until January and then collapse. I don't particularly value my testicles or any other part of my body for that matter, after all what use do testicles actually have? I compared Spurs to Arsenal because both teams compete for 4th placed finishes every season, neither of you have won the league for a while and neither will win the league for some considerable time to come(although I think Arsenal are probably slightly more likely to), you are both in the same geographical location(although Arsenal are a south London club really) and both teams have fans who believe their team is much more capable of winning the league then they actually are.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:49 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:I remember hearing some daft presenter on BBC describe Arsenal vs Man UTD as a big derby(keep in mind this was about 5 years ago, long after Arsenal were any good). Listen to me very carefully when I say Man untied could not give a flying f**k about Arsenal, they hate at least 5 teams more than Arsenal, if not more. It's like us trying to claim Ipswich is a big derby because of some play off game.
You do spout some bollocks Dan. They hate Liverpool and City more possibly, we hate Spurs more, but theres been so many nasty bite points over the years and we spent much of the late 1990's/early 2000's battling for the premier league with them that there is a very healthy rivalry. Before your time, little one ;)
I remember the early 2000's perfectly well thank you and can promise you that Manure care much more for Leeds, Liverpool, City, Everton and ourselves then they do for some southern club. Next you will be telling me that City and Chelsea have got a big rivalry going. Concentrate on Spurs and Chelsea rather than worrying what the Manc's are doing.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:07 pm

Dan - you're trying too hard... I'm not even sure what point it is that you seem so desperate to prove!

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:30 pm

Just that Arsenal vs Manure is not a proper rivalry.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:35 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:Just that Arsenal vs Manure is not a proper rivalry.
of course it is - grow up!

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:52 pm

Like Millwall vs Leeds :roll:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:44 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:Like Millwall vs Leeds :roll:
roll your eyes all you like kiddo - but you're talking toss... (as usual)

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:47 pm

Bish is right, I really can't be bothered to answer all that. I wouldn't know where to start however Man U consider Bolton bigger rivals then Arsenal. Really?!
Last edited by Gooner Girl on Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:49 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:
GG every season you lead the league until January and then collapse. I don't particularly value my testicles or any other part of my body for that matter, after all what use do testicles actually have? I compared Spurs to Arsenal because both teams compete for 4th placed finishes every season, neither of you have won the league for a while and neither will win the league for some considerable time to come(although I think Arsenal are probably slightly more likely to), you are both in the same geographical location(although Arsenal are a south London club really) and both teams have fans who believe their team is much more capable of winning the league then they actually are.
:lol: you didn't pass GCSE science did you Dan?!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:03 pm

thebish wrote:
I dunno, for years the Sky presenters talked about Super Sunday, when the "Big 4" were playing.

Since the invention of football during the Prem years, DMB's have won 13 of 22 Titles. Arsenal & Chelsea 3 each, City 2 and Blackburn 1.

I don't disagree that there's rivalry, but it's sort of from a long way back...you would possibly think they'd be more bothered with Chelsea to be honest...

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:16 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
thebish wrote:
I dunno, for years the Sky presenters talked about Super Sunday, when the "Big 4" were playing.

Since the invention of football during the Prem years, DMB's have won 13 of 22 Titles. Arsenal & Chelsea 3 each, City 2 and Blackburn 1.

I don't disagree that there's rivalry, but it's sort of from a long way back...you would possibly think they'd be more bothered with Chelsea to be honest...
To be fair, given how lowly Manchester United finished last season they are a bit too crap to consider rivals right now ;)

In all seriousness, I just hate Man U more then I do Chelsea. Perhaps because as I was growing up as a teenager Chelsea were a bit of a nothing team and it was usually Man Utd and us fighting it out for trophies (and them usually winning :() but I never liked ferguson, he was a big reason for the dislike of them, along with Sheringham, van nistelrooy, Rooney, Ronaldo, Nani and Van Persie to name just a few of the players over the years that have caused my blood to boil at various times. Chelsea had Ashley Cole and that was about it really. Other gooners may feel differently but there you go.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:39 pm

You don't need to give me any reasons for hating the DMB's... :-) I'm none too keen meself.

It still stands that you've won around 1 in 4 against them head to head - they're heading up towards 1in 2 and realistically they probably see you as a game they're likely to win.

To me, as an "outsider" to a Big 4 team (the Big 4 sneakily changes over time too), there actually isn't a Big 4, there's unfortunately been one likely winner and some also rans...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:40 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
thebish wrote:

So on that basis the DMB's don't have any rivals whatsoever? Incredible. :shock:

Where did they finish last season? :?
May the bridges I burn light your way

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:44 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:
B in Biology actually. I was more saying they don't have any use to me.
Last edited by bwfcdan94 on Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:46 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:
B in Biology actually.
Which makes your comment above all the more bizarre!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:47 pm

Worthy4England wrote:You don't need to give me any reasons for hating the DMB's... :-) I'm none too keen meself.

It still stands that you've won around 1 in 4 against them head to head - they're heading up towards 1in 2 and realistically they probably see you as a game they're likely to win.

To me, as an "outsider" to a Big 4 team (the Big 4 sneakily changes over time too), there actually isn't a Big 4, there's unfortunately been one likely winner and some also rans...
I was not trying to claim that we have been better then them these past 20 years. They are still the game I dread playing most in the league even despite them being crap this season.

(Game I dread the most is calculated by:

how much I hate them x how much we are likely to lose to them.

So yes we are also likely to lose to City and Chelsea but I don't hate them as much and yes I hate spurs more but we are less likely to lose to them. Man U score highly in both categories :evil: )