Fabregas is back Gooner Girl!

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Fabregas is back Gooner Girl!

Post by ChrisC » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:08 pm

To play for Chelsea for the next 5 years! :lol:

Great signing for Chelsea to replace Lampard.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Re: Fabregas is back Gooner Girl!

Post by jaffka » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:43 pm

Very good signing, I like watching him play.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:14 am

Sh has already had a little moan about it on the angry thread. Your so cruel Chris
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:33 am

Yes, as Dan has pointed out I'm not at all happy about this. I know that we are not desperate for more central midfielders, that's the one area of the pitch we have strength in depth already and that if Wenger is going to splash the cash this summer (which he had better) we need to prioritise a high quality striker (at least one), right back and new back up goalie.

I know Wenger had first option on him and because we don't NEED him it might be the right, logical decision not to sign him...

BUT I am still completely gutted, he's still a class player, he wanted to come back to us and now he has gone and signed for one of our biggest rivals. I don't hate him for it (though I would had it been united or spurs he had signed for) but it does smart a fair bit.

Sod's law he will score against us at least once next season. :twisted:

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:20 am

Gooner Girl wrote:Yes, as Dan has pointed out I'm not at all happy about this. I know that we are not desperate for more central midfielders, that's the one area of the pitch we have strength in depth already and that if Wenger is going to splash the cash this summer (which he had better) we need to prioritise a high quality striker (at least one), right back and new back up goalie.

I know Wenger had first option on him and because we don't NEED him it might be the right, logical decision not to sign him...

BUT I am still completely gutted, he's still a class player, he wanted to come back to us and now he has gone and signed for one of our biggest rivals. I don't hate him for it (though I would had it been united or spurs he had signed for) but it does smart a fair bit.

Fabregas has played the false 9 role many times no problem so why not get him for up top and the for the middle when needed?

Silly Wenger :laugh:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:44 pm

ChrisC wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:Yes, as Dan has pointed out I'm not at all happy about this. I know that we are not desperate for more central midfielders, that's the one area of the pitch we have strength in depth already and that if Wenger is going to splash the cash this summer (which he had better) we need to prioritise a high quality striker (at least one), right back and new back up goalie.

Fabregas has played the false 9 role many times no problem so why not get him for up top and the for the middle when needed?

Cos he doesn't score enough goals. He's not that great a finisher. We need an out and out goalscorer.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:50 pm

Not convinced by this 'we've got enough midfielders'. He's better than all of them! And it didn't stop him signing Ozil (and not a striker) when he was only buying one player. You defo do need a striker and a right back, but if you've got a deal on Fabregas it seems nuts not to take it! Especially given Arteta, Rosicky and Flamini aren't getting any younger.

Chelsea look insanely good for next year.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:55 pm

Prufrock wrote:Not convinced by this 'we've got enough midfielders'. He's better than all of them! And it didn't stop him signing Ozil (and not a striker) when he was only buying one player. You defo do need a striker and a right back, but if you've got a deal on Fabregas it seems nuts not to take it! Especially given Arteta, Rosicky and Flamini aren't getting any younger.

Chelsea look insanely good for next year.
I'm not convinced he's better then all of them, not Ramsey, Wilshere or Ozil. On a par perhaps. Better then the 3 you mentioned, but then Flamini and Arteta are different types of player. Flamini especially sits back to protect the defence a bit more. Fabregas is a bit light weight for that role.

Don't get me wrong, I wish we had signed him, but if its a choice between him and a top notch striker, well we need the striker more and signing Fabregas would be a bit of a sentimental signing (though both would have been nice...)

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:10 pm

In his three years in Spain only Messi and Di Maria got more assists. He's top drawer. I'm a big fan of Wilshere but Fabregas is miles ahead of where he is now. Ozil is a good player but even at his best I'm not sure there's much in it, if I had to pick one it would be Fabregas. Ramsay has had one good season. I don't think sentiment is a good enough reason, no, but him being a genius is!

I agree a forward is a priority, but you seem to have enough cash to do both (all three with a RB) and it sounded like you had an option on him to get him cheap?

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:14 pm

Prufrock wrote:In his three years in Spain only Messi and Di Maria got more assists. He's top drawer. I'm a big fan of Wilshere but Fabregas is miles ahead of where he is now. Ozil is a good player but even at his best I'm not sure there's much in it, if I had to pick one it would be Fabregas. Ramsay has had one good season. I don't think sentiment is a good enough reason, no, but him being a genius is!

I agree a forward is a priority, but you seem to have enough cash to do both (all three with a RB) and it sounded like you had an option on him to get him cheap?
Yes, we did. I'm gutted Wenger didn't take it up. I wouldn't be so mad if he then decided to go to play in a non English league but seeing him in the blue of Chelsea is going to make a lot of gooners very unhappy with Wenger. its a good job we won the cup last season else the fans would REALLY be on his back. I will be even more gutted if he fails to splash the cash on top quality players in the positions we really DO need to strengthen.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:19 pm

Yeah, he doesn't seem to grasp that to finish higher you need better players.

I like Giroud, and think he's good enough to be one of your main two (poss 3) players in their. But you need another top quality one. That Morata kid looks good, but you need proven. You need one from the Higuain/Suarez bracket. Eto'o AND Morata might be a nice mix.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:40 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
ChrisC wrote:

:

Cos he doesn't score enough goals. He's not that great a finisher. We need an out and out goalscorer.
I hear David Ngog is looking for a new club :mrgreen:
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:43 pm

I would personally take Ramsey over Fabregas.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:45 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:

blimey - no emotions left for summat really bad then... :shock:

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:53 pm

Sell player to club.

Club sells same player to another club.

Get mad about it.

wut

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:54 pm

Sagna to Man City now too. :( Knew it was coming but still pissed off. Wenger is starting to make a habit of gifting some of our best players to our nearest rivals. I don't like it. I know they can afford to pay tons more in salary then we can and maybe club loyalty means sod all these days but still annoyed and frustrated he does it.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:59 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:Sagna to Man City now too. :( Knew it was coming but still pissed off. Wenger is starting to make a habit of gifting some of our best players to our nearest rivals. I don't like it. I know they can afford to pay tons more in salary then we can and maybe club loyalty means sod all these days but still annoyed and frustrated he does it.
How can you blame him for that, if City can afford more in wages? Should he be offering them all a reacharound to stay?

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:39 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:Sagna to Man City now too. :( Knew it was coming but still pissed off. Wenger is starting to make a habit of gifting some of our best players to our nearest rivals. I don't like it. I know they can afford to pay tons more in salary then we can and maybe club loyalty means sod all these days but still annoyed and frustrated he does it.
Maybe it's because players know they will never win a league title if they are at Arsenal? why would a player of any real quality want to stay at Arsenal or Spurs for that matter, both a long long way behind City and Chelsea.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:41 pm

chelsea might be nearby - but Manchester is miles away!

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:45 pm

I remember hearing some daft presenter on BBC describe Arsenal vs Man UTD as a big derby(keep in mind this was about 5 years ago, long after Arsenal were any good). Listen to me very carefully when I say Man untied could not give a flying f**k about Arsenal, they hate at least 5 teams more than Arsenal, if not more. It's like us trying to claim Ipswich is a big derby because of some play off game.