Southampton are (not) doing well.

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Southampton are (not) doing well.

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:28 pm

£55 million for Luke Shaw and Adam Llama-Farmer

Congratulations! But who do they buy now?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Southampton are (not) doing well.

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:38 pm

Not a new thing for Southampton fans. Think of the talent they've sold like Bale and Oxlade Chamberlain....

Must be gutting for their fans.

Still on the bright side we have a world cup star they can sign for, lets be ultra generous, a mere tenth of their fees for Shaw and Lallana :wink:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:38 pm

I think these two will have hurt more. Bale, Walcott and Oxlade-Chamberlain went when they weren't a top flight club (and they supposedly sold on their sell on percentage for Bale for peanuts). These two have gone when they looked like they could kick on. Feel for Jay Rodriguez, he won't know anyone when he gets back! Given that they seem to be financially stable it does seem to show how much power the players have. No reason to sell unless they've said they want to go.

Apparently though they're confident they've got plenty more coming through too. England need to put in an order for a couple of CBs.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:57 pm

You have to admire their Academy. Doing exactly what we should have when we were up there ... indeed, should now. I appreciate geography etc. means we are surrounded by other cubs but nonetheless.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:58 pm

bobo the clown wrote:You have to admire their Academy. Doing exactly what we should have when we were up there ... indeed, should now. I appreciate geography etc. means we are surrounded by other cubs but nonetheless.
indeed... but what is it that they are doing/have done to make that academy seem so blindingly productive? I don't imagine it is as simple as it sounds - else everyone would be doing it!

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:09 pm

bobo the clown wrote:You have to admire their Academy. Doing exactly what we should have when we were up there ... indeed, should now. I appreciate geography etc. means we are surrounded by other cubs but nonetheless.
They just nick all the best players from bournemouth's academy
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:47 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:
They just nick all the best players from bournemouth's academy

ahh - simple then - we just nick all the players from ManU and Citeh's academies... easy! errrr... 8)

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:48 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Not a new thing for Southampton fans. Think of the talent they've sold like Bale and Oxlade Chamberlain....

Must be gutting for their fans.

Still on the bright side we have a world cup star they can sign for, lets be ultra generous, a mere tenth of their fees for Shaw and Lallana :wink:
I like how you missed out Walcott :oyea:
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.