Black & Ethnic Minority coaches

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Black & Ethnic Minority coaches

Post by thebish » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:56 pm

bobo the clown wrote:What about the wimmin ? .... & cripples ? ..... & old people .... ? & What's the religious break down ... God matters here.

... and the gays ? .... & the whole gamut, Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transsexual, Sexually non-aligned, Sexually indeterminate, Weird, Animal Botherers, Paedophiles ? They all have to be given a fair crack of the whip .... oh, whip, yes that reminds me.

not really sure what your point is here... other than pure hobohesque facetiousness!

are you suggesting that black people who have been trained as coaches should NOT be given a fair crack of the whip because it is simply preposterous? (and - as far as I am concerned - yes - Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transsexual, Sexually non-aligned, Sexually indeterminate people should be given a fair crack of the whip... it sounds odd to hear someone write that as if it would be preposterous to think so!!) ("weird" seems hard to define - animal botherers and paedophiles should be in prison - so should not be coaching.)

if pru's figures are correct - 18% on coaching courses leads to 4% in actual coaching jobs. I think that's a significant discrepancy even if you don't - and I think it would be interesting to find out how come there is such an apparent discrepancy. for all the huffing and puffing - I haven't yet seen anyone come up with a convincing reason why it seems to be so...

you have already said you don't think there is a problem... (you haven't quite got round to saying why, though...)

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:56 pm

think about it the other way where they "quota" the players on race etc to align with the census.

it's too 'american' an idea anyway , we give the empire back ..

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:58 pm

thebish wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:What about the wimmin ? .... & cripples ? ..... & old people .... ? & What's the religious break down ... God matters here.

... and the gays ? .... & the whole gamut, Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transsexual, Sexually non-aligned, Sexually indeterminate, Weird, Animal Botherers, Paedophiles ? They all have to be given a fair crack of the whip .... oh, whip, yes that reminds me.

are you suggesting that black people who have been trained as coaches should NOT be given a fair crack of the whip
I'm fairly sure that's not allowed anymore.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:03 pm

S'not complicated Bish.

If you're going to want to investigate one aspect of indiversity then you can't stop there. The various pressure group won't let you ... a sure fire 'thin end of the wedge'.

No sooner than you look at quotas for this you'll get the next demand. How can you refuse ?

It's shite bandwagon jumping of the most obvious and cynical type and people afraid of their own shadows will panic and decide that to be accepted by the bullshit liberati they have to jump on board.

Now ... let me think. Who have I just described ..... mmmmmm
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:06 pm

hobohesque facetiousness
I like that, well posh!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:29 pm

bobo the clown wrote:S'not complicated Bish.

If you're going to want to investigate one aspect of indiversity then you can't stop there. The various pressure group won't let you ... a sure fire 'thin end of the wedge'.

No sooner than you look at quotas for this you'll get the next demand. How can you refuse ?

It's shite bandwagon jumping of the most obvious and cynical type and people afraid of their own shadows will panic and decide that to be accepted by the bullshit liberati they have to jump on board.

Now ... let me think. Who have I just described ..... mmmmmm

i haven't suggested quotas. not even once.

i think it's daft to propose solutions before understanding the issue/problem.

I think there IS an issue - and I will think there is an issue unless someone can offer some kind of credible reason why black people can't be arsed applying for coaching jobs and white people can...

you don't think there is an issue. so - to you - any solution would sound ludicrous because it's daft to solve something that doesn't need solving.

I happen to think there are issues of racism and homophobia around in football. I would welcome the issues being properly researched and investigated - only then is it time to propose possible solutions...

particularly in the area of homphobia (a bit like the church) - the football world lags shamefully behind the society it is suppose to be integral to.

if there ARE barriers to particular definable groups becoming coaches - then we are denying ourselves the potential of good coaches when we needn't - why would we do that? If investigation reveals no barriers - then nobody has lost anything.