England DNA report

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

midlands exile
Promising
Promising

England DNA report

Post by midlands exile » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:21 pm

This is all over the papers and Sky Sports News today, but can't find the actual report on the FA website. I would be interested in reading it, to see if it really is as piss-weak as the initial reports make out.

Who'd have thought footballers need to be competent in "passing over varying distances, receiving skills, turning skills, travelling with the ball, attacking and defending skills, finishing skills, aerial ability."

Are FA wristbands for players really going to change the culture of the game?!

Happy to be proved wrong by them, but it looks like a million-pound fag-packet analysis...

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Re: England DNA report

Post by boltonboris » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:48 pm

I'm surprised it's taken us this long to actually implement something.. Perhaps they didn't really give a shite as long as we qualified for World Cups
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: England DNA report

Post by Prufrock » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:19 pm

Having read the excerpt on the BBC website this morning the one thing I'm

sure of is that we don't need a complete overhaul of our youth system in bullshit management speak, wanky clichés and lame metaphors.

As for the idea, I'd be for it if I had any faith they'd come up with some actual ideas about what our 'identity' and way f playing are. As it is, my money says that those wristbands just say "play like Spain/ Germany/ [insert next big team]".
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.