Peterborough Chairman calls it as he sees it.

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Peterborough Chairman calls it as he sees it.

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:16 pm

Apparently on Twitter...and rounds off with a tweet to say any players mentioned that wish to /ahem discuss it /ahem with him are welcome to do so.

MacAnthony's list of grievances was:

•"...that it's always the manager who is held responsible when a team of players fold like a stack of cards when the going gets tough!"
•"... that our team can play with that kind of tempo/intensity for first 25 minutes, then follow that up with the 65 minutes we all witnessed!"
•"... that a player of Joe Newell's ability can miss an open goal from five yards out early on. He should be scoring 10/15 a season."
•"...that a striker I paid half a million for, minutes before Colchester score, scuffs great chance eight yards out with nobody near him."
•"... that Bossie [midfielder Michael Bostwick] allows their top scorer to get in front of him to tap in their first goal, shouldn't happen!"
•"... that our centre back runs 50 yards to edge of opposition's box, doesn't pass or shoot but loses ball & they go other end and score."
•"... that both our full-backs who had plenty of the ball couldn't deliver any crosses of any merit or quality or with urgency."
•"...that we had a ref who cost us Crewe game because of incorrect decision was given us again, then sent manager off and many yellows today!"
•"... that as going has got tough many thousands of fans have bit like our players, have folded and taken their ball and gone home!"
•"...Tomorrow I'll still pay the bills & next Saturday will pay thousands to watch my team play & hopefully win."
•"... that our goalkeeper [Ben Alnwick] had three shots to save all game but we conceded two goals!"

Seems reasonable. :-)

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Re: Peterborough Chairman calls it as he sees it.

Post by jaffka » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:21 pm

nothing to argue with there

quite an interesting article a few days ago about that he would sack ferguson if he thought he had lost the dressing room

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:29 pm

Jake Humphreys tweeted him saying summat like "Ooh I bet the players won't like all this"

To which he pretty much replied with "well, they can fvck off then, I've made millionaires of some of these shitcunts"
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:29 pm

I like him me
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:27 pm

Keith Curle managing Carlisle has come out with some good stuff about billy big bollox Alex Marrow. Basically neither party want each other.