Allardyces dream job...

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Allardyces dream job...

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:55 am

thebish wrote:I don't remember seeing a bloke so obviously delighted and excited about being england manager for a long time! COY BigSam!! :D
And some parts of the media are already "after him". Give him a chance I say.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:53 am

Someone's sneaked in and taken a piccy of BSA's tactic board :)

May the bridges I burn light your way

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:32 pm

^^ a lesson we could all benefit from.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:05 pm

Well, he's landed himself in bother again...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09 ... -for-sale/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:26 am

Shows him to be a bit of a gobshite (hold the front page) but can't see what he is actually supposed to have done wrong.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:22 am

Prufrock wrote:Shows him to be a bit of a gobshite (hold the front page) but can't see what he is actually supposed to have done wrong.
Negotiated a fee to advise people on how to 'bend the rules' of his employers?

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:22 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Prufrock wrote:Shows him to be a bit of a gobshite (hold the front page) but can't see what he is actually supposed to have done wrong.
Negotiated a fee to advise people on how to 'bend the rules' of his employers?

Not from the video they've shown so far. Pointed the finger at a couple of people and said 'there are ways around it still' but that's all. Said " no, no you can't say that"when an 'agent' questions him about payments to managers and CEOs.

They'll get him. Whichever way they'll get him.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:12 am

Exactly, spot the weasley conjunction:

"Sam Allardyce used his position as England manager to negotiate a £400,000 deal and offered advice to businessmen on how to “get around” FA rules on player transfers, The Telegraph can disclose."

The advice on how to get around the rules on 3rd party ownership being advice seemingly on how to do it completely within the rules!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:27 am

Aye I don't think he's done anything illegal or rule breaking. But seeking payment from guys you are advising as to how to break your current employers' rules isn't a good look. Hopefully it blows over.

As I said before when he got the job though, the press will be after him all the time. Has to be smarter than this.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:33 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:Aye I don't think he's done anything illegal or rule breaking. But seeking payment from guys you are advising as to how to break your current employers' rules isn't a good look. Hopefully it blows over.

As I said before when he got the job though, the press will be after him all the time. Has to be smarter than this.

From what I saw this morning this seems much ado about nowt. However, my concern is that this is merely the Telegraph's opening gambit. Let's not forget that Allardyce is a very greedy man who likes a scoop and is no stranger to giving it the big one. Loose talk costs jobs.
May the bridges I burn light your way

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:43 am

L'equipe headline of "Corruption" has the Journo's spaffing themselves silly

For me, he's accepted money to talk to people about football. That's common - they've asked him some leading questions and he;'s been silly enough to listen and give snippets. He's not don a lot wrong and the FA Should show his some support here. A proper witch hunt
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:04 am

I hope he keeps the job.

One thing I'd say though is that outside of football, if someone was doing similar to this they'd not keep their job in all likelihood.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:06 pm

In what other profession would you have this 'opportunity'? I'd say only politics and you'd be right there

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:12 pm

boltonboris wrote:In what other profession would you have this 'opportunity'? I'd say only politics and you'd be right there
Dunno. Probably plenty. Say you worked for HMRC and went to meet some businessmen who were prepared to pay you for some keynotes and discussed with them strategies for avoiding tax?

I mean again, I think he should keep his job. He's not really said much, at least from what's been shown. However, it was pretty stupid. If he got sacked he couldn't really blame anyone but himself.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:16 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
boltonboris wrote:In what other profession would you have this 'opportunity'? I'd say only politics and you'd be right there
Dunno. Probably plenty. Say you worked for HMRC and went to meet some businessmen who were prepared to pay you for some keynotes and discussed with them strategies for avoiding tax?

He'd get a knighthood!

I mean again, I think he should keep his job. He's not really said much, at least from what's been shown. However, it was pretty stupid. If he got sacked he couldn't really blame anyone but himself.

They'll only show the absolute worst of it, for maximum effect

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:19 pm

He's a fcuking idiot!

If £3 million pa plus add on's is not enough then he's a greedy nice person who will get what he deserves if he carries on like this.

Stick to the job Sam.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:16 pm

Is this the best they've got?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09 ... t-busines/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He calls HMRC the most corrupt business in Britain. Hardly shocking.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:28 pm

Listening to a BBC guy say the issue is only surrounding the 3rd party ownership advice he appeared to be giving. Essentially someone representing the FA has been privately offering advice as to how to circumvent FA rules.

I think that is the issue here, and when you really think about it, unless the further video evidence shows this in a different light to what has been reported, it seems very plausible that the FA may feel forced to sack him.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:38 pm

I'm rather disappointed that a bloke who was caught up once before in an undercover reporting sting, has been stupid enough to let it happen again. What's more, they've tried it with every previous manager going back to SGE and beyond. How thick or greedy do you have to be not to have your guard up?!
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:40 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:I'm rather disappointed that a bloke who was caught up once before in an undercover reporting sting, has been stupid enough to let it happen again. What's more, they've tried it with every previous manager going back to SGE and beyond. How thick or greedy do you have to be not to have your guard up?!
Yeah this is what I said when he got the job, that the press would be out to get him. People like Sam always think they can handle the press, but it becomes totally different when you are the England manager.

He's fallen at the first hurdle. And seems they've exposed his main weakness, greed.