Allardyces dream job...

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Allardyces dream job...

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:51 pm

I said he was what they needed during this summers shambles. Will he do a good job? What would a good job be? Win a knockout game and thats more than we've managed in 10 years...doable. As said, he'll pick a team not individuals - plenty of times at purs he left out players like Borgetti, Hierro etc as they didnt fit the way he thought we would set up to get a result.

And yeah, if we win it we can give it the 'Bolton won the world cup'!!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:57 pm

i think we already know Nolan will be captain...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:03 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Shame really. The lad will get the brickbats now, like everyone does, but 10 years ago I believe he'd have shit 'em. Genuinely think he would have been brilliant. Hope he still is now. Get the feeling the bellends will just label him Mike Bassett and not really understand he wasn't, and have him out on his arse within a couple of years.
Yep. Many clueless people already branding him that. Not realising his modern approach essentially led the way in English football.

I'm pleased he's got a shot at it. Like you I fear for him because we all know the way the press will report things if given a chance.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:14 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:Shame really. The lad will get the brickbats now, like everyone does, but 10 years ago I believe he'd have shit 'em. Genuinely think he would have been brilliant. Hope he still is now. Get the feeling the bellends will just label him Mike Bassett and not really understand he wasn't, and have him out on his arse within a couple of years.
Yep. Many clueless people already branding him that. Not realising his modern approach essentially led the way in English football.

I'm pleased he's got a shot at it. Like you I fear for him because we all know the way the press will report things if given a chance.
Water off a ducks back to Sam, he's like Fergie when it comes to pilocks slating him

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:21 pm

officer_dibble wrote:I said he was what they needed during this summers shambles. Will he do a good job? What would a good job be? Win a knockout game and thats more than we've managed in 10 years...doable. As said, he'll pick a team not individuals - plenty of times at purs he left out players like Borgetti, Hierro etc as they didnt fit the way he thought we would set up to get a result.

And yeah, if we win it we can give it the 'Bolton won the world cup'!!
I thought of that - then I thought he managed the Spammers too, so they'd probably try and claim it.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:09 am

Hoboh wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Water off a ducks back to Sam, he's like Fergie when it comes to pilocks slating him
Course he will. If he fails then he's not on his own. He'll have had a shot at his dream job. And we'll all defend him and slate the primadonnas who let him down duck the spammers and anyone else in the country.

I don't think Sam needs any of us to fear for him.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:16 am

Hoboh wrote:
I'm not saying it will affect him although lets be honest the pressure and scrutiny will be unlike anything he's experienced before.

He's tough I agree.

But the FA aren't and that was what I meant, his longevity in the role may not be great if the press build pressure. We'll see.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:37 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
I'm not saying it will affect him although lets be honest the pressure and scrutiny will be unlike anything he's experienced before.

He's tough I agree.

But the FA aren't and that was what I meant, his longevity in the role may not be great if the press build pressure. We'll see.

It'll be the overpaid underperforming wankers of a first team squad and their clubs who will decide how long Big Sam lasts. I'm really pleased he got the gig at last. I hope he doesn't regret it.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:40 am

José Mourinho has given his view on Sam Allardyce’s imminent appointment as England manager.

“Well it’s your country and I think you are a complicated country for the person who gets the job. I think he is the right person for that, I think he’s a good choice but I think he needs support and I think you can do better in respect to that. Because my experience in your country shows me that in the football world you could do a bit better.

“I think Sam never had the big chance at the highest level, lots of experiences in the Premier League but never that big one and now he has the big one.

Mourinho is clear Allardyce is suited for the role. “I think he’s more than ready, he’s a good motivator, he can create a good team spirit with his players and I wish him the best from my side, not just as a friend but my side as the Manchester United manager,” he said.

“The only thing I can promise is I am going to try and support him the best way, preparing the players for him, always trying to have the English players always available and in good conditions to help him and I hope you can do the same. Because it’s your time, in Portugal we were waiting and waiting and finally we got it. Now I think it is time for you because [19]66 was a long time ago so good luck Big Sam.”

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:50 am

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... t.comment2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Check the date.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:52 pm

Does anyone know who actually makes the final decision regarding the hiring of the England manager?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:21 pm

Mar wrote:Does anyone know who actually makes the final decision regarding the hiring of the England manager?
The FA board.

In this instance the board commissioned the three man group of Ashworth, Glenn and Gill to do the interviews then make a recommendation.

Board signs it off.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:52 pm

I do hope that Brian Barwick does still get to have a say in England managers. Who can forget his trumpeting in of Capello? :roll:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:07 pm

Allardyce has long argued that, if only he had the necessary talents in every position, his invariably less than frilly teams would be somewhat easier on the eye. When his old Newcastle players complained that there was too great an accent on stopping the opponents and insufficient emphasis on what they should do with the ball, he retorted that he’d like them to pass like Arsenal but they weren’t good enough.

Even greater limitations applied to Sunderland last season, but they did not stop him dreaming about his ideal team, his nirvana. “It’s got to have flair,” he enthused. “A team fans can identify with, that excites them, gets people on the edge of their seats. A team they can love.”

England awaits.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:27 pm

Is this official like yet? Only Steve Bruce has just quit as boss of Hull.
:?
Businesswoman of the year.

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:56 pm

^ aye, just, confirmed on a 2yr contract, which seems a bit miserly.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:59 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:Is this official like yet? Only Steve Bruce has just quit as boss of Hull.
Might he be off to Sunderland? He's from that neck of the woods going off his accent.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:35 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:Is this official like yet? Only Steve Bruce has just quit as boss of Hull.
Might he be off to Sunderland? He's from that neck of the woods going off his accent.
Been there done it. I can't see him going back
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:48 pm

Attaboy, Sam!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:57 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Been there done it. I can't see him going back
Moyes confirmed as new sunnerlan' gaffer, like, which leaves Bruce on the Dole. Excellent. :lol:
May the bridges I burn light your way