Duggie Freedman

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: Duggie Freedman

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:02 pm

thebish wrote:^ let it go, man! life's too short...
You ..... get to work !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:41 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
thebish wrote:^ let it go, man! life's too short...
You ..... get to work !!
^ aye.. close one, that! :D

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:46 pm

Don't know if I've posted this previously, and apologies if I have. But for all the Dougie is a tw*t sentiment, when I was a tad poorly the other year he and SKD (at the request of a mate of mine), sent me a personal get well letter. As such, I'll always regard him as a nice guy. Shit manager, but a nice guy. I hope he finds another job soon. Maybe in Scotland?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:13 pm

Il Pirate wrote:Don't know if I've posted this previously, and apologies if I have. But for all the Dougie is a tw*t sentiment, when I was a tad poorly the other year he and SKD (at the request of a mate of mine), sent me a personal get well letter. As such, I'll always regard him as a nice guy. Shit manager, but a nice guy. I hope he finds another job soon. Maybe in Scotland?
Soft arse.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:11 am

Meh. Can't get worked up about Freedman. He performed almost a minor miracle getting the squad he inherited to the brink of the play offs. Look at where those players are now. At best at lower end championship sides. Apart from Craig Dawson of course.

Likes of Sordell, Chris Eagles have hardly gone on to show their quality.

Then he couldn't handle the pressure of expectation at a club which was clearly on its arse. Does not make him a good manager but he wouldn't be alone in that.

The damage was done by the bloke before him who almost single handedly fecked this club up for a generation. Not entirely single handedly though, he was aided by bosses who wouldn't pull the trigger and fans who couldn't see what was happening.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:29 am

Il Pirate wrote:Don't know if I've posted this previously, and apologies if I have. But for all the Dougie is a tw*t sentiment, when I was a tad poorly the other year he and SKD (at the request of a mate of mine), sent me a personal get well letter. As such, I'll always regard him as a nice guy. Shit manager, but a nice guy. I hope he finds another job soon. Maybe in Scotland?
Emma told them what to write. :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:31 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:Meh. Can't get worked up about Freedman. He performed almost a minor miracle getting the squad he inherited to the brink of the play offs.
Before swapping everything that'd previously worked for the Blackpool game, the fecking clueless c*nt.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:38 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Meh. Can't get worked up about Freedman. He performed almost a minor miracle getting the squad he inherited to the brink of the play offs.
Before swapping everything that'd previously worked for the Blackpool game, the fecking clueless c*nt.
Aye but that amounted to playing Rob Hall instead of Marvin Sordell. Both who have turned out to be fairly shit. Sordell probably a bit shitter.

We weren't going to win the play offs anyhow. I shudder to think what we'd have done against Watford and Deeney.

Dawson was our best player and had left by then. And look at our team then. In hindsight it was incredibly weak.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:59 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Aye but that amounted to playing Rob Hall instead of Marvin Sordell. Both who have turned out to be fairly shit. Sordell probably a bit shitter.

We weren't going to win the play offs anyhow. I shudder to think what we'd have done against Watford and Deeney.

Dawson was our best player and had left by then. And look at our team then. In hindsight it was incredibly weak.
You seem to have missed the bit where I pointed out that he changed everything that had got us there in the first place - we went with one up top and were two down within about 30 minutes.

The team that day, by the way was;

01 Bogdan
03 Alonso
05 Ream (Wheater - 90' )
12 Knight
18 Ricketts
07 Eagles
21 Pratley
27 Lee
44 Medo
17 Hall (Sordell - 37' )
28 C Davies (Eaves - 74' )
Substitutes
24 Lonergan
31 Wheater
43 Butterfield
22 Holden
25 Vela
19 Sordell
32 Eaves

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:22 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

You seem to have missed the bit where I pointed out that he changed everything that had got us there in the first place - we went with one up top and were two down within about 30 minutes.

01 Bogdan
03 Alonso
05 Ream (Wheater - 90' )
12 Knight
18 Ricketts
07 Eagles
21 Pratley
27 Lee
44 Medo
17 Hall (Sordell - 37' )
Substitutes
24 Lonergan
31 Wheater
43 Butterfield
22 Holden
25 Vela
19 Sordell
32 Eaves
I rather think Dawson being missing was a bigger factor than any system change, but yeah, it was a feck up.

Still think that was miles away from a team that would or should be winning the play offs.

Our two strikers are both at league one level now aren't they? And Eagles can't even get a club.

Fair enough, we had a good keeper and Alonso and Lee better than we have now. But beyond that, we weren't very good and really in hindsight I think 7th was better than we really were.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:35 pm

Marvellous Marvin is soon to be in League 2, Cravies soon to be a division above us I'd say (but hope not).

On another Other Footy point, it's all gone tits up behind the scenes at Middlesborough, looks like Karanka's on his way after a big row with players at team meeting. Walked out and didn't travel to Charlton Saturday. Having said that, they've been beaten by Rotherham and Charlton recently but still hung on to 2nd place. They'll sort it all out just in time to give us a sound bumming at our place in a few weeks I'm sure.
With Dougie at the helm! :lol:

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:00 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

01 Bogdan
03 Alonso
05 Ream (Wheater - 90' )
12 Knight
18 Ricketts
07 Eagles
21 Pratley
27 Lee
44 Medo
17 Hall (Sordell - 37' )
Substitutes
24 Lonergan
31 Wheater
43 Butterfield
22 Holden
25 Vela
19 Sordell
32 Eaves
I rather think Dawson being missing was a bigger factor than any system change, but yeah, it was a feck up.

Still think that was miles away from a team that would or should be winning the play offs.

Our two strikers are both at league one level now aren't they? And Eagles can't even get a club.

Fair enough, we had a good keeper and Alonso and Lee better than we have now. But beyond that, we weren't very good and really in hindsight I think 7th was better than we really were.
Dawson's contract was madness. Sign him but give him a contract that didn't allow us to play him during a play off push.
Similarly Hall's contract was just as bad.

It's almost as if the club made steps leading up to that day that pretty much tied Dougie Freedman's hands in both of those decisions that could have led us to a play off push.

Maybe he did make the crazy decision to play Hall and shift formation that day but the whole thing smacks of uncertainty.