Duggie Freedman

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Re: Duggie Freedman

Post by jaffka » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:49 am

They make a nice couple and suit each other.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:18 am

I popped on a Forest forum to see what's being said. The fans still, generally, seem to have some faith in him (snigger). More on the basis that they've chopped and changed so much in the pst 10 yars they have to stick with someone sometime.

There are some voices of disquiet, but the owner seems to get most of this.

He's still into his weird mind-games with the fans though. It seems he has another 'little gift' for them, but they have to be quiet and patient as he cant tell anyone about it.
He now has till tomorrow for this to happen or he's been bullshitting again.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Dougie-Fr ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:21 am

bobo the clown wrote:I popped on a Forest forum to see what's being said. The fans still, generally, seem to have some faith in him (snigger). More on the basis that they've chopped and changed so much in the pst 10 yars they have to stick with someone sometime.

He's still into his weird mind-games with the fans though. It seems he has another 'little gift' for them, but they have to be quiet and patient as he cant tell anyone about it.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Dougie-Fr ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Think Coyle bigged up a potential signing here once. Turned out to be fecking Tuncay....

danardif1
Reliable
Reliable

Post by danardif1 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:29 am

bobo the clown wrote:I popped on a Forest forum to see what's being said. The fans still, generally, seem to have some faith in him (snigger). More on the basis that they've chopped and changed so much in the pst 10 yars they have to stick with someone sometime.

Owen Garvan... you heard it here first.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:19 pm

being in an embargo is very restrictive as forest and the dingles are finding out

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:27 pm

jaffka wrote:being in an embargo is very restrictive as forest and the dingles are finding out
Forest are about to get £3m, rising to £4m from Burnley for the "he's going no-where (TM - Dougie)" Henry Lansbury and if I understand it correctly they can only replace the body, can't spend the money.

So loans and freebies and wage caps to cope with. How they got Mills to sign I have no concept.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:31 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
jaffka wrote:being in an embargo is very restrictive as forest and the dingles are finding out
Forest are about to get £3m, rising to £4m from Burnley for the "he's going no-where (TM - Dougie)" Henry Lansbury and if I understand it correctly they can only replace the body, can't spend the money.

So loans and freebies and wage caps to cope with. How they got Mills to sign I have no concept.
The fee which they might receive could get them out of the FFP rules but spending then puts them at risk of falling foul of it again, I don't know how much they failed by. This transfer might not even make a dent in it, or it could clear it.

Look at the dingles, selling and still in an embargo. They are getting restless at ewok.

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:16 pm

jaffka wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

The fee which they might receive could get them out of the FFP rules but spending then puts them at risk of falling foul of it again, I don't know how much they failed by. This transfer might not even make a dent in it, or it could clear it.

Look at the dingles, selling and still in an embargo. They are getting restless at ewok.
I might be wrong, but aren't Forest not just under-penalty restraints of FFP but also have another "Ban/limitation" on signings for not paying Peterborough last season when they should have when they signed Asombolonga? :conf: (it also screwed Peterborough up as they then missed out on signing players in the transfer window as they hadnt recieved the funds from Forest)

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:58 pm

Can we change the title to Douloss Fraudman?

Or at least Druggie Freedman, by dint of him looking like a crackhead
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:20 pm

He managed to get a win before the statutory six games, the cvnt.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:01 pm

We know Mourinho has a soft spot for the legend of Brian Clough. But would he ever be ready for the sort of challenge that Clough accepted in 1975, taking on a team lying 13th in the second tier of English football and leading them to the very summit of the European game? Imagine him accepting Kuwaiti money to replace the apparently imperilled Dougie Freedman at the City Ground, with Forest currently lying 17th in the Championship. That would be a real test of his talents, even greater than the one he faces now.
Now that's cheered me up some what! :lol:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:20 pm

^ he's gone! stalker!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:36 pm

thebish wrote:^ he's gone! stalker!
:oops: I genuinely did not know :oops:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:53 am

I thought you meant he'd gone from Forest then, Bish! I don't know if that would be good or bad for our obsessives!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:08 am

Prufrock wrote:I thought you meant he'd gone from Forest then, Bish! I don't know if that would be good or bad for our obsessives!
So did I.

I was worried we'd be getting Trotter back quicker than we anticipated.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:48 pm

Looks as though Dougie has a present for the Forest fans. The lucky, lucky bastards! :lol: :?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35726693

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:15 pm

Sacked by Forest!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:33 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:Sacked by Forest!
Shame :lol:

If only our lot had sussed him as promptly as Forest's lot did though! Ah well.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35798743" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
May the bridges I burn light your way

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:13 pm

Good.

Fck him.

Hope he never works again ... as ANYTHING.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:46 pm

^ let it go, man! life's too short...