FIFA Women's World Cup

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Re: FIFA Women's World Cup

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:04 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:What's going on Monty? Canada and a heat wave? No Mounties, no wolves, no snow? It's more like Brazil out there..
I think when English coach Mark Sampson said Canada would be feeling the heat he was using a metaphor. However, we do have summer here - even in Edmonton where Japan is playing OZ. I believe Japan are currently world cup champions so not to counted out.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:14 pm

Well, that didn't go to plan, Monty. If/when we get past the Mountiettes I was still hoping the Strilians would beat the Geisha Girls but it was a vain hope. Ten corners to nil pretty much told the tale althought th score was only 1-0. Getting tougher now.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:28 am

Great moment for England's women. I've not paid a huge amount of attention to the tournament, but it is great to see a football team representing England surpass expectations for once.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:34 am

A tough, sprawling 2-1 win and second half they bombarded our girls. Didn't matter, they won and well done. Have to have a bit different approach against Japan. Was surprised, Greenwood, Duggan and Kirby didn't figure. Must be a few injuries.Well done girls. :oyea:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:20 am

TANGODANCER wrote:A tough, sprawling 2-1 win and second half they bombarded our girls. Didn't matter, they won and well done. Have to have a bit different approach against Japan. Was surprised, Greenwood, Duggan and Kirby didn't figure. Must be a few injuries.Well done girls. :oyea:
I think some must have told us you get more points for kicking it over the bar. Oh well, c'est la vie. C'mon England!
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:06 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:A tough, sprawling 2-1 win and second half they bombarded our girls. Didn't matter, they won and well done. Have to have a bit different approach against Japan. Was surprised, Greenwood, Duggan and Kirby didn't figure. Must be a few injuries.Well done girls. :oyea:
I think some must have told us you get more points for kicking it over the bar. Oh well, c'est la vie. C'mon England!
Has that sorted out your divided loyalties then? :wink:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:55 pm

clapton is god wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Has that sorted out your divided loyalties then? :wink:
Yes, indeed - I was always able to pull for the winner after the game. England has the easier road to the final (after all it was planned for Canada!). The semi against Japan is in Edmonton on Wednesday (Canada Day) at midnight your time.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:23 pm

Played too late to catch this morning's The Sun newspaper, but bet your life tomorrow's will be full of "Our Girls". Best unashamed bandwaggon jumpers in the business.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:24 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote: The semi against Japan is in Edmonton on Wednesday (Canada Day) at midnight your time.
Heard it mentioned today that the final is Thursday, not Wednesday Monty?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:05 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote: The semi against Japan is in Edmonton on Wednesday (Canada Day) at midnight your time.
You were misinformed. Semi between US and Germany in Montreal tomorrow. The Lionesses v. Japan on Wednesday in Edmonton. Consolation Final Saturday in Edmonton and the final on Sunday in Vancouver. Trust me. :wink:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:41 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
You were misinformed. Semi between US and Germany in Montreal tomorrow. The Lionesses v. Japan on Wednesday in Edmonton. Consolation Final Saturday in Edmonton and the final on Sunday in Vancouver. Trust me. :wink:
Okay, cheers. It was on some chat show the wife had on that I heard (misheard) it?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:55 pm

Just caught up with some highlights of this weeks games.. From the highlights and the few games I've watched, I've been appalled at the amount of diving. Particularly from Germany, England and USA
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:08 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:How the fook did a thread about wimmins football make page 2? :shock:
Er...Well...er...Never mind. :wink:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:25 pm

boltonboris wrote:Just caught up with some highlights of this weeks games.. From the highlights and the few games I've watched, I've been appalled at the amount of diving. Particularly from Germany, England and USA
I reckon our girls do it so nobody can accuse them of winning by fair play. :wink:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:40 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Er...Well...er...well, err, well, err...
uh!
Tell me more, tell me more
Did you get very far?
Like does he have a car?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:02 pm

thebish wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Er...Well...er...well, err, well, err...
uh!
Did you get very far?
Like does he have a car?
:lol: Bravo!!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:32 pm

Blatter not travelling for "personal reasons" - Quelle surprise. What a fecking shyster.

They must be really sure that Hayatou is clean as a whistle (or not care too much).

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:33 am

Just watching USA vs Germany . Apparently one of the Germans has a nasty gash. Concern all round.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:55 am

A nasty gash indeed, and nobody wants that, but it was just a clash of heads with no bad intent. The Frauliens are not shy at dishing it out and pretty fair divers too. U.S should definitely have had a pen just before the break and how the Frau didn't get a card for that forearm smash is a mystery. Germans are better footballers but it could go either way.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:57 am

Didn't see that one coming but I'm glad the Yanks knocked out Germany 2-0. Referee made some real strange decisions and never really had control of it. If we can get past Japan I really fancy us to take the Yanks. Bring it on.... :oyea: