FIFA Women's World Cup

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: FIFA Women's World Cup

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:54 am

LeverEnd wrote:Just watching USA vs Germany . Apparently one of the Germans has a nasty gash. Concern all round.
Blood-matted hair all around it.
May the bridges I burn light your way

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:58 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:Just watching USA vs Germany . Apparently one of the Germans has a nasty gash. Concern all round.
Blood-matted hair all around it.
:vomit:
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:26 pm

Just found out that Jill Scott (the tall one) once got banned for head-butting an Arsenal player. :shock:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:01 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Just found out that Jill Scott (the tall one) once got banned for head-butting an Arsenal player. :shock:
It was last season I think.. Hardly a headbutt either.. It was one of those pathetic putting her towards the the other and pretending it hurt kind of things.

Pussies
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:51 am

One penalty each at half-time. Ours was a daft one to give away, it was always oviously feel one touch and down she goes. Didn't really need the obvious shove. Our equaliser was a very decent penalty. Football not very scintillating yet. Come on, there's a final place for grabs.... :oyea:

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:20 am

We are on top, got to make this dominance count.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:53 am

^

What a lousy way to go out. We score an own goal in the 92nd minute after having most of the play and hitting the bar twice. Not a classic but still a rotten way to lose. Hard luck girls.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:58 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:^

What a lousy way to go out. We score an own goal in the 92nd minute after having most of the play and hitting the bar twice. Not a classic but still a rotten way to lose. Hard luck girls.
There is a certain irony here, Tango. Only last weekend a team that dominated the second half lost and you were relatively jubilant.
TANGODANCER wrote:A tough, sprawling 2-1 win and second half they bombarded our girls. Didn't matter, they won and well done. Have to have a bit different approach against Japan. Was surprised, Greenwood, Duggan and Kirby didn't figure. Must be a few injuries. Well done girls. :oyea:
All ways to lose are rotten, I suppose.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:14 pm

jaffka wrote:You must all be really missing football to watch that shit.
jaffka wrote:We are on top, got to make this dominance count.
What a difference a week makes :D
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:55 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:

There is a certain irony here, Tango. Only last weekend a team that dominated the second half lost and you were relatively jubilant.
TANGODANCER wrote:A tough, sprawling 2-1 win and second half they bombarded our girls. Didn't matter, they won and well done. Have to have a bit different approach against Japan. Was surprised, Greenwood, Duggan and Kirby didn't figure. Must be a few injuries. Well done girls. :oyea:
Did you see the OG monty? It was brutal. Really felt for the poor girl.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:34 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:

I'm English, supporting England. The rest is immaterial. :wink:

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:30 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
jaffka wrote:You must all be really missing football to watch that shit.
jaffka wrote:We are on top, got to make this dominance count.
What a difference a week makes :D
:lol:

I watched England first half against Canada and then the semi to the end. As for the other shite I will accept that I don't miss football anywhere near as some others

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:07 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:

Did you see the OG monty? It was brutal. Really felt for the poor girl.
Yes, I did. Had she been an attacking forward it would have been a brilliant goal. Very hard to repeat! She will never forget that - I hope it doesn't scar her for life.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:33 am

Didn't see it, but the girlies best the Germans. Think they'll be wondering "what might have been", today.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:00 am

Always good to beat the Germans.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:08 am

Is it over yet ???
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:12 am

bobo the clown wrote:Is it over yet ???
Nearly. Final later today.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:33 pm

Just seen that "halfway line" goal on Facebook.

As with most "must-see" Women's goals (apart from, in fairness, that Colombian one that was knocking about- that was a fecking great hit) I found myself muttering "kee-per". Fecking bounced before it went in.

Though tbf, Rooney got sycophantic media attention for similar not too long ago.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:41 pm

So its all over and done, the England ladies or Lionesses did fantastically well so well done to them.