The Lump's New York Debut

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

The Lump's New York Debut

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:19 pm

Frank Lampard played his first game alongside David Villa for New York City FC. They got beaten at home by the lowly Montreal Impact, who have just signed Didier Drogba.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: The Lump's New York Debut

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:30 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:Frank Lampard played his first game alongside David Villa for New York City FC. They got beaten at home by the lowly Montreal Impact, who have just signed Didier Drogba.
... & have Nigel Reo-Coker. Don't overlook that bit.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:37 pm

I was going to go to that on saturday, but decided not to. There were so many tickets left over...

interest is picking up, slowly.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:49 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:Frank Lampard played his first game alongside David Villa for New York City FC. They got beaten at home by the lowly Montreal Impact, who have just signed Didier Drogba.
I believe we are trying to unload Nigel - not a great success... See one fan's view.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:10 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
I believe we are trying to unload Nigel - not a great success... See one fan's view.

Ah, see. What your correspondent is failing to appreciate there, Monty, is that Reo-Coker's far too good for the side, and for the league, and they all need to up their game to his level.

Once again the entire platoon's out of step with Reo-Coker. ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:58 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

Ah, see. What your correspondent is failing to appreciate there, Monty, is that Reo-Coker's far too good for the side, and for the league, and they all need to up their game to his level.

Once again the entire platoon's out of step with Reo-Coker. ;)
Our Nigel did sort of hint along those lines which made him a tad unpopular.