Chelsea offer their Full Support

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Chelsea offer their Full Support

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:57 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Still think this is a bit stupid, they had in my view the best manager ever. Last time they couldn't adequately replace him and had to bring him back.

Ok if they can get Guardiola. Beyond that there isn't anyone close to Mourinho's pedigree around.

I'd have been waiting to see how things went next season before sacking him.

Mind he is now free to join the Bolton revolution once our billionaire owners are revealed.....
He's a smarmy, tiresome, smug prick and I only hope that this truly is the last we ever hear of him. 'Best manager ever'? Are you having a laugh here, my friend? :conf:
His record is untouchable.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:04 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote: He's a smarmy, tiresome, smug prick and I only hope that this truly is the last we ever hear of him. 'Best manager ever'? Are you having a laugh here, my friend? :conf:

...is the right answer! :D

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:05 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Still think this is a bit stupid, they had in my view the best manager ever. Last time they couldn't adequately replace him and had to bring him back.

Ok if they can get Guardiola. Beyond that there isn't anyone close to Mourinho's pedigree around.

Mind he is now free to join the Bolton revolution once our billionaire owners are revealed.....
He's a smarmy, tiresome, smug prick and I only hope that this truly is the last we ever hear of him. 'Best manager ever'? Are you having a laugh here, my friend? :conf:
That purple nosed piss pot who used to manage the rags is the best manager ever. I wish it weren't true but it is.
Businesswoman of the year.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:11 pm

His record is brilliant but undermined by the fact that he can't stick it out at one club. Presumably because of his twattish bullying personality and divide and rule tactics tthat backfire after a while. He's a first class c*nt and I hope he never returns to these shores.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:15 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

That purple nosed piss pot who used to manage the rags is the best manager ever. I wish it weren't true but it is.
Not for me. Up there, but majority of his career was at the biggest and richest English club. He has a huge advantage of establishing himself and then being above most criticism.

Mourinho won things in Spain, Portugal, England and Italy. Different environments and he conquered them all.

Whether you like him or not is irrelevant. And whether he is one, two three etc also irrelevant. He's one of the best of all time, without question and replacing him isn't easy, even if this season the results have been disastrous.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:43 pm

He's good for three seasons tops and it all goes to sh*t after that, as has been evidenced at all of his previous clubs. No long-term thinking with him at all.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:07 pm

at the moment, I'd be happy enough with three good seasons! :D

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:13 pm

I don't think we could afford him. And even if we could all the newsreaders on BBC are in total agreement that he'd lost the dressing room. We need a manager that values all our assets and doesn't find chunks of the infrastructure disappearing from view.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:52 pm

jmjhb wrote:He's good for three seasons tops and it all goes to sh*t after that, as has been evidenced at all of his previous clubs. No long-term thinking with him at all.
He's better than good but it's the timeline like you say that stops him being the best. It's very clear that he can't do what Ferguson did, we'll never know if AF could've moved around and had success like Mourinho has. Man Utd would've had the potential to go the way of Chelsea when big stars were playing up. AF moved them on with little or no effect on results and trophies. He also brought countless young players through the ranks, Mourinho just stifles his, even refusing to play them after being 'betrayed' by his regulars.

DISCLAIMER: This post may lead some to believe I am an admirer of Alex Ferguson. I'm not. He's is, as the Horseman so eloquently put it, a purple-nosed nice person.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:12 pm

Another thing Ferguson never did was forget where the kitchen was, or mislay the boardroom, and he never once lost his dressing room. I agree, as a person I would probably have twatted him if he turned up for my Missus's Nativity play, and I detest Man United with a passion...but that cxnt knew how to manage a football team. If he'd been managing Portsmouth from the beginning of his career I can with no doubt whatsoever hear BWFC-I complaining I was because he'd been managing the richest club in England. That's because sometimes quality engenders success which generates fortunes. (A few others I don't like but who are similar in different enterprises are/were Ford, Branson, Musk, and those fxckers who founded Microsoft - Ferguson were that good. But I hate him).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:23 pm

Mourinho proved himself in numerous different environments, Fergie didn't beyond Aberdeen then Man U.

No comparison for me.

Cloughie is a better discussion but different eras make it harder.

If I could have any manager in the world right now at my fictional football club it'd be Mourinho every time.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:31 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Not for me. Up there, but majority of his career was at the biggest and richest English club. He has a huge advantage of establishing himself and then being above most criticism.

Mourinho won things in Spain, Portugal, England and Italy. Different environments and he conquered them all.

Whether you like him or not is irrelevant. And whether he is one, two three etc also irrelevant. He's one of the best of all time, without question and replacing him isn't easy, even if this season the results have been disastrous.
Now you really are having a laugh. I could manage Real Madrid and they'd come top two - just like Lennon at Celtic. But no - Lennon's a calamity of a manager, isn't he?! :roll:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:58 pm

Substitute Holland for Italy, & I think Bobby Robson did that. With f4ck all money.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:24 pm

Il Pirate wrote:Mourinho won things in Spain, Portugal, England and Italy. Different environments and he conquered them all.

Substitute Holland for Italy, & I think Bobby Robson did that. With f4ck all money.
... AND fckg crackers too.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:28 pm

Mourinho won the Chumps league with Porto and then later with Inter knocking out Barcelona at their very best. Like him or loathe him, few can hold a candle to him but Ferguson (spit) is the better manager imo
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:49 pm

Initially, I was going to say Ferguson on gut feeling then I looked at Mourinho's win rate and the fact Ferguson only managed two wins out of 16, head to head and I think Mourinho is probably in front.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:16 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Now you really are having a laugh. I could manage Real Madrid and they'd come top two - just like Lennon at Celtic. But no - Lennon's a calamity of a manager, isn't he?! :roll:
Winning the league in Spain meant being better than that Barcelona side. No small accomplishment.

But then that is just one part. Winning the champions league with Porto and Inter is remarkable given the circumstances, especially Porto.

Doesn't really matter whether you want to put him above or below Clough, Ferguson etc. He is still up there however you slice it.

I also don't think you can compare Lennon who won a league of very poor quality in a two horse race with Mourinho who has won major leagues across Europe, the champions league and numerous cups.

Lennon is totally unproven in a competitive league without huge financial advantage. Mourinho proved his ability under a variety of circumstances in tough leagues and at the highest level.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:24 pm

Who cares either way really? Ferguson or mourinho - what do you like best sh%t in your sandwich or wee in your beer?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:48 pm

thebish wrote:Who cares either way really? Ferguson or mourinho - what do you like best sh%t in your sandwich or wee in your beer?
Perhaps. If either fancied rocking up to manage BWFC though Id be absolutely delighted...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:42 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:Who cares either way really? Ferguson or mourinho - what do you like best sh%t in your sandwich or wee in your beer?
Perhaps. If either fancied rocking up to manage BWFC though Id be absolutely delighted...

which of them has displayed the manager skills we need?