Euro Championships 2016

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Euro Championships 2016

Post by Hoboh » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:08 pm

throwawayboltonian wrote:@Hoboh: To be fair to Sturridge, Vardy, Rashford - Hodgson kept playing them on the wing where they're clearly uncomfortable and perform poorly.

Actually Vardy and Rashford, for the 5 minutes or so he was on, looked like the only players up for it.
I don't agree with Sturridge, sorry, he's not a team player and wastes far too much ball, not at this level anyway.

Rashford should have had a better run out and Vardy

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:10 pm

Hoboh wrote:
throwawayboltonian wrote:@Hoboh: To be fair to Sturridge, Vardy, Rashford - Hodgson kept playing them on the wing where they're clearly uncomfortable and perform poorly.

Actually Vardy and Rashford, for the 5 minutes or so he was on, looked like the only players up for it.
I don't agree with Sturridge, sorry, he's not a team player and wastes far too much ball, not at this level anyway.

Rashford should have had a better run out and Vardy
Sturridge was a disgrace today. Looked like he couldn't be arsed.

Don't care where he played you are playing for England in a tournament. Another one id never pick again.

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:18 pm

At this moment,I'd even be prepared to give Our very own Big Sam a go at it! What's the alternative! Don't like the idea of a foreigner in charge of our national side! I,ll just put my helmet on!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:21 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Good players as you know Tango, like Mathews rose well above cloggers who make any current ones look like pussies
Clogging has always existed,yes, Hoboh, but shirt-dragging, arms round necks, tripping and blatant fouling didn't exist in Stan Mathews days without punishment, believe me. Slide -tackling and a good old shoulder to shoulder charge was the order of the day. What's going on in this tournament is ruining the game and encouraging sending off and serious injury.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:31 pm

Shocking! I knew they all voted to Leave!
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:57 pm

What an utter shambles. Took me ages to find somewhere to watch it and wished I hadn't bothered.
Nothing honourable about the resignation either. He can only can be remembered as a massive failure and rightly so. One of the best paid football managers in the world so no sympathy here.
Those players should be ashamed of themselves too. Rooney has to be binned by the next manager as does Hart.
Bookies have Southgate as next manager, which is so laughably absurd that the FA will probably do it.

Big Sam in!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:07 am

A reminder: Roy Hodgson chose to go sightseeing in Paris last Wednesday instead of watching Iceland v Austria

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:09 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Prufrock wrote:I think you meant Spain TD. As you say later, France lie in wait for us in the quarters.
With your strong recent record in predictions, I'd just like to make clear to the God of Football that he means France will play the winners of the Iceland v England match. :-)

:lol:
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:12 am

Wow. Well that was pish. Worst england manager ever, surely?

Get big sam in, Carroll up top, two wingers, Catermole in the middle, a ban on all Spurs Arsenal or Liverpool players and let's beat Brazil in sideways hail in Russia.

Cornyn OUT!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:36 am

Prufrock wrote:Wow. Well that was pish. Worst england manager ever, surely?

Get big sam in, Carroll up top, two wingers, Catermole in the middle, a ban on all Spurs Arsenal or Liverpool players and let's beat Brazil in sideways hail in Russia.

Cornyn OUT!
I agree with everything except I'd prefer one winger and a defensive one footed hard bastard on the other side. Like Pratters.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:14 am

Worthy4England wrote:I'd just like to mention Iceland is about the same size as Leicester with a population of 330,000.
No, they have a couple of thousand more...

"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:08 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Sorry Roy. Once again we are shambolic. You haven't got a clue how to prepare a side for an international game. We are the most disorganised side in the competition.
Here we go, players perform like pub-leaguers so blame the manager. Twice now Hart has let in supersoft goals. We had the lead inside five minutes and sloppy play threw it away. Nothing to do with Hodgson, the players were shocking. They still seem to think you get time to think at this level. You don't. Even if we get back and win we'll go no further playing like this.

Anyway...COME ON ENGLAND.... :oyea:
Nothing to do with Hodgson? Who the fecking hell do you think set them out in the system in which they played? The man on the fecking moon? I'm sorry, Tango, but enough tosh from you is quite frankly enough..
May the bridges I burn light your way

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:45 am

Danny Baker's Twitter feed is a joy. A joy.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:12 am

The problem with the England team goes all the way up to the FA suits. The favourite for the job is Gareth Southgate. The fact that hasn't been dismissed as utterly impossible and ridiculous shows exactly why the FA is incompetent.

Hodgson should never have been kept on after Brazil.

And we need to get a manager in with a personality. Someone who has the ability to take the pressure off the players in tournaments. Ok, tactically Roy was useless but he did not have the ability to mentally prepare a side for tournament football. Compare him to Conte who showed exactly how to motivate and organise a fairly average group of players.

I'd love to see Allardyce have a go but I think it is too late for that.

Don't think there is an English manager around obvious for this and I cannot see why we won't look at the experience of a Klinsmann who's experienced at taking teams to tournaments and was a major part of reforming German football when it was at a low point. Exactly what we need.

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:52 am

I,m with Bobo for the next week or so! I,m feckin Welsh.. :wink: :lol:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:19 am

Prufrock wrote:Danny Baker's Twitter feed is a joy. A joy.
Yeah saw it last night, some personal highlights...
Danny Baker ‏@prodnose 11h11 hours ago

Peter Crouch talking about "the pressure" making them be useless. They're paid £150k a week you lanky ponce!

You fecking disgrace. You fecking disgrace. England footballers each and every one of you and your fecking manager are a fecking disgrace.
Danny Baker ‏@prodnose 12h12 hours ago

Shut up Glenn Hoddle, you empty TV cash gobbling vacuum. Just shut the feck up. You are making this worse.

Oh we are getting Glenn Hoddle's reaction now. Next up the reaction of a paving stone in Blackpool.

I wish I was over there now as those useless under achieving ponces boarded their coach. "Booo! You charlatans! You frauds! You worms!"
Danny Baker ‏@prodnose 10h10 hours ago

Should Roy Hodgson piss off now with his useless tactical game plans? 100% Should we all kick him up the fecking arse as he goes? 100%

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:32 am

https://twitter.com/footballtips/status ... 7832864768" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:06 pm

I agree with Harry Redknapp :shock:

"Gareth Southgate being favourite to succeed Roy Hodgson as England manager is "scary", says Harry Redknapp."

Southgate and Hoddle are the favs. Let that sink in!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:26 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:

Nothing to do with Hodgson? Who the fecking hell do you think set them out in the system in which they played? The man on the fecking moon? I'm sorry, Tango, but enough tosh from you is quite frankly enough..
Yes, you're absolutely right. I doubt I can do another season of your bully-boy bullshxt. Equal opinions for all? What a load of bollox.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:27 pm

Prufrock wrote:I agree with Harry Redknapp :shock:

"Gareth Southgate being favourite to succeed Roy Hodgson as England manager is "scary", says Harry Redknapp."

Southgate and Hoddle are the favs. Let that sink in!
Redknapp was on the radio this morning leading the campaign for Hoddle as the next England manager. So be careful who you agree with.

FA need ripping up and starting again, with that I do agree with Redknapp. Bunch of suits who have no clue what they're doing and too scared to appoint anyone who might upset the apple cart.