Euro Championships 2016

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Re: Euro Championships 2016

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:46 pm

Whilst Hodgson undoubtedly has a lot to answer for the focus should really be on the players last night imo

They couldn't get the absolute basics right. Passing was woeful, set piece delivery throughout the whole tournament, was abysmal and a number of players were hiding.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:47 pm

jonnycooper wrote:I'm with Bobo for the next week or so! I'm feckin Welsh.. :wink: :lol:
You will be with bobo minus bobo then. I'd rather any fckr won than the Welsh.

I'll bring you beer though.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:48 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Nothing to do with Hodgson? Who the fecking hell do you think set them out in the system in which they played? The man on the fecking moon? I'm sorry, Tango, but enough tosh from you is quite frankly enough..
Yes, you're absolutely right. I doubt I can do another season of your bully-boy bullshxt. Equal opinions for all? What a load of bollox.
Absolute crap. Last week you were saying that football's "a game of chance". Oh yes, all those wasted hours on the training ground, working on formations and set pieces. Bully boy? Get over yourself. If you can't handle criticism then either grow a pair or stop talking shite!
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:11 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Nothing to do with Hodgson? Who the fecking hell do you think set them out in the system in which they played? The man on the fecking moon? I'm sorry, Tango, but enough tosh from you is quite frankly enough..
Yes, you're absolutely right. I doubt I can do another season of your bully-boy bullshxt. Equal opinions for all? What a load of bollox.
Absolute crap. Last week you were saying that football's "a game of chance". Oh yes, all those wasted hours on the training ground, working on formations and set pieces. Bully boy? Get over yourself. If you can't handle criticism then either grow a pair or stop talking shite!
"Can't handle criticism", and that coming from you!? dear dear. :lol: I'll leave you to it then.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:16 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

"Can't handle criticism", and that coming from you!? dear dear. :lol: I'll leave you to it then.
As evidenced. ;)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:58 pm

Listened to the press conference with Martin Glenn from the FA and Roy...if anyone wonders why our national team is shite, just listen to it, seriously....

Glenn is one of three from the FA who are deciding on the next England manager. One of three...in the interview he said several times 'I'm not a football expert.......'

Roy started off by saying 'I'm not sure what I'm doing here'....yes Roy we've been asking the same for months.

But seriously listen to it and hear how pathetic it is. Roy has the personality of a slug. The charisma of a turd and offered absolutely zero analysis as to what went wrong.

But it's ok the FA are looking for a new manager. They don't know about football, but sure they'll get it right this time.........

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:24 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
But seriously listen to it and hear how pathetic it is.
Just caught a few snippets on the news - I'm still squirming.

Who do you fancy for the vacancy? Bit of a pipe dream but I'd love it (love it) if we could nick Klinsmann off of the Yanks.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:28 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Who do you fancy for the vacancy? Bit of a pipe dream but I'd love it (love it) if we could nick Klinsmann off of the Yanks.
Ha. I've been banging the Klinsmann drum for days now. He's my pick. Not sure it's a pipe dream in the sense I'm sure he'd be interested. Obviously would require our FA having some balls.

Bilic another decent shout.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:37 pm

Bilic is a tremendous shout & as a foreigner has experience both playing & managing so not a parachuting-in option.

No way they'll pick Big Sam but by the fck they should. It may not be pretty but you'd get no performances like yesterday.

But it'll be Southgate. Sad-old, failed, unsparing beggar that he is.

If they do select Hoddle I may just completely give up.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:47 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Bilic is a tremendous shout & as a foreigner has experience both playing & managing so not a parachuting-in option.

No way they'll pick Big Sam but by the fck they should. It may not be pretty but you'd get no performances like yesterday.

But it'll be Southgate. Sad-old, failed, unsparing beggar that he is.

If they do select Hoddle I may just completely give up.
Just think Sam as much as he's done really well, might struggle with the media on his back and having to get performances on the big stage in one off games. It's a very different thing to club management where there is always another game round the corner.

He wouldn't get to work with the players in the same way he does at club level.

I like Klinsmann and Bilic because both have managed internationally, and had good sides in Croatia and Germany.

I think we need someone who has international experience as a manager ideally. Also someone with a big character and personality, not another dull man.

Mind if Jose hadn't gone to Man Utd he'd have been ideal for me, international experience or not.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:04 pm

Given roys resigned so quickly can I start a campaign to have him put down instead? And in no particular order the following players should follow:
- kane
- Rooney
- Joe hart
- wilshere
- sterling

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:27 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Ha. I've been banging the Klinsmann drum for days now. He's my pick. Not sure it's a pipe dream in the sense I'm sure he'd be interested. Obviously would require our FA having some balls.

Bilic another decent shout.
Bilic is a cracking shout too. It can't possibly be Southgate.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:54 pm

Id take laurent blanc as well. But yeah klinsmann ideal.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:46 am

They seem to be talking about an "interim" manager and we all know that will be southgate...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:49 am

thebish wrote:They seem to be talking about an "interim" manager and we all know that will be southgate...
Who did such a magnificent job at Boro :roll:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:13 am

Doesn't matter who they get in. They've tried the so called best in Sven and the Brazilian fella. They've tried the experienced English international manager in Hodgson and they've tried many others. All failed. Why? The mentality of English football. We have the grey haired old boys club at the top, ex footballers sniping from the sidelines and a top tier league obsessed with money above all else. A league that imports success rather than produce it.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:28 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Doesn't matter who they get in. They've tried the so called best in Sven and the Brazilian fella. They've tried the experienced English international manager in Hodgson and they've tried many others. All failed. Why? The mentality of English football. We have the grey haired old boys club at the top, ex footballers sniping from the sidelines and a top tier league obsessed with money above all else. A league that imports success rather than produce it.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Pick the England team from the Championship.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:34 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Doesn't matter who they get in. They've tried the so called best in Sven and the Brazilian fella. They've tried the experienced English international manager in Hodgson and they've tried many others. All failed. Why? The mentality of English football. We have the grey haired old boys club at the top, ex footballers sniping from the sidelines and a top tier league obsessed with money above all else. A league that imports success rather than produce it.
The FA are a big problem, but then they've not managed to pick the right manager.

England need a passionate, big character who can take pressure off the players.

Capello and Sven did not manage that. Hodgson was a joke really.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:48 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
The FA are a big problem, but then they've not managed to pick the right manager.

How many times can we point at the manager when the best we've managed in decades is Bobby Robson and an arguably fortunate Venebles. Even Robson was under pressure before '90 iirc. There are so many problems that the whole thing needs starting again.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:02 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

How many times can we point at the manager when the best we've managed in decades is Bobby Robson and an arguably fortunate Venebles. Even Robson was under pressure before '90 iirc. There are so many problems that the whole thing needs starting again.
Don't get me wrong there are many issues. However, I look at our players down the years and I fail to believe that what we've had should have performed as badly as they have done. I don't think we've had world cup winners, but I think our performance has been totally under par. There may be a lot of reasons for this, in fact there certainly will be. But our FA have failed on a number of levels.

I don't think they've ever been brave enough with the big decisions.