Cartoon

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Cartoon

Post by Hoboh » Tue May 09, 2017 11:24 am

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Cartoon

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 09, 2017 11:36 am

I've tried to be pleased at Blackburn going down, but I can't help feeling a bit sorry for them. I don't have a huge issue with their fans, they ballooned around a bit after winning the league, but their club has been dragged through the mill by Venkys.

It could happen to any of us (to an extent we've experienced it) and I think it is about time football stood together and sorted out the mess of these poor owners. I mean Venkys have put money in, the trouble is, they've run the club appallingly badly.

Bit like with Eddie, the Venkys are owed about £120M by BR. If they want it back they will have to invest even more and strive for a couple of promotions. But that seems unlikely. So a vicious circle, one we are very familiar with.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue May 09, 2017 9:48 pm

Mate, you would see the downside of owning a euro-millions, triple rollover, jackpot winning ticket.

I wouldn't really want to see any teams go bankrupt or owt (well with one exception), but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. The real downside is, their results in head to heads against us haven't been that good recently....

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue May 09, 2017 10:34 pm

It's all transient for clubs like ours. They've taken the pi55 of Burnley and us over the years. Wigan enjoyed our demise last season. May as well fill our boots and laugh at them. Could be our turn again next year.

Agree with Worthy though. Only 1 team I'd be happy to see disappear
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed May 10, 2017 8:11 am

Fck Blackburn. If you can't laugh at that bunch of gap-toothed inbreds​ going down you've no business being a football fan in the first place.

I don't remember much in the way of sympathy towards us twelve months ago, nor did I want any.
Businesswoman of the year.