Non-League football

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Non-League football

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:36 pm

Went on Saturday to watch Matlock beat Stalybridge 3-1.
Got chatting before the match to a bunch of Blades fans from Chesterfield. After a tour of four pubs prior, and four others post match we all agreed that there was something we've missed in our normal lives.
PS (It's ok, I can hear the catcalls already: "So why don't you piss off and support Matlock instead". To tell you the truth, I'm seriously fxcking considering it...)
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Re: Non-League football

Post by Enoch » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:51 am

Myself and another fella that hangs about on here take it in on a regular basis.

Personally I find footy becomes more honest the further down the leagues one travels.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Re: Non-League football

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:37 pm

I had a spell several years ago of watching a few Leigh RMI home and away games and used to really enjoy it.

As the professional game gets ever more ridiculous, the Scudamore pay off being the lastest example, the urge to go watching non league grows ever stronger
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"