Leeds allow Villa to score...

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Leeds allow Villa to score...

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:12 pm

...thus putting themselves out of automatic promotion.

Very sporting. Like watching snooker, or golf, where players penalise themselves.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Leeds allow Villa to score...

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:48 pm

That it? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:29 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:12 pm

Very sporting. Like watching snooker, or golf, where players penalise themselves.
They were already out of automatic promotion given they'd have had to win their final game also, hope Sheffield United lost and turn round a goal difference of -13...

So in effect....they gave up a goal in a meaningless game.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:52 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:29 am
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

They were already out of automatic promotion given they'd have had to win their final game also, hope Sheffield United lost and turn round a goal difference of -13...

As every fxcking game we play these days is meaningless, I don't get your point. Are you saying it wasn't sporting? Or are you just spouting?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:20 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:52 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

As every fxcking game we play these days is meaningless, I don't get your point. Are you saying it wasn't sporting? Or are you just spouting?
:lol:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed May 01, 2019 8:52 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:52 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

No I'm saying that it was sporting. But ultimately will not effect whether Leeds go up automatically or not. What would Bielsa have done were 2nd place still a realistic prospect at that time?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed May 01, 2019 10:10 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 8:52 am

No I'm saying that it was sporting. But ultimately will not effect whether Leeds go up automatically or not. What would Bielsa have done were 2nd place still a realistic prospect at that time?
Revealed the contents of his bucket?
May the bridges I burn light your way

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed May 15, 2019 10:34 pm

Well, they fecked that up.

Super Dave
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Super Dave » Mon May 20, 2019 8:18 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 10:10 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:

If automatic promotion was still on the table Bielsa would have done the same thing and after a few groans the supporters would have got behind him and saw that it was the right thing to do, because Bielsa said it was. Simple as.

He has completely changed the club and that includes the supporters. I know it sounds daft, but us Leeds fans have always been feral but he's changing that. His ethos is that winning is not as important as how you play and how you live. It's really Zen. And the strange thing is the fans buy into it. It's been asked a million times on twitter, if Leeds fans had to choose between promotion and keeping Bielsa for another season they would all choose Bielsa. He really is that big a deal to us. Fans are already saying that in terms of the most important Leeds managers ever he is second only to Don Revie, and so far he's won feck all.

We feel sorry for other clubs because they just have managers. We've got Bielsa.

Vamos Leeds Carajo!

I know, I know. Let the piss taking commence. :)

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue May 21, 2019 3:20 pm

Super Dave wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 8:18 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 10:10 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:

If automatic promotion was still on the table Bielsa would have done the same thing and after a few groans the supporters would have got behind him and saw that it was the right thing to do, because Bielsa said it was. Simple as.

He has completely changed the club and that includes the supporters. I know it sounds daft, but us Leeds fans have always been feral but he's changing that. His ethos is that winning is not as important as how you play and how you live. It's really Zen. And the strange thing is the fans buy into it. It's been asked a million times on twitter, if Leeds fans had to choose between promotion and keeping Bielsa for another season they would all choose Bielsa. He really is that big a deal to us. Fans are already saying that in terms of the most important Leeds managers ever he is second only to Don Revie, and so far he's won feck all.

We feel sorry for other clubs because they just have managers. We've got Bielsa.

Vamos Leeds Carajo!

I know, I know. Let the piss taking commence. :)
I'm not pissing taking pal. I'm envious.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください