European Finals.

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 27871
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: European Finals.

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:04 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:51 pm
Aye, plenty justified criticism of the existing model and the way football is run and power allowed to accumulate and solidify, but this is a complete step change even from that. The lack of competition/jeopardy and an opportunity for others to compete is a joke.

It'll get binned off, but they'll come out with more money and more power.

Instead UEFA have decided to pointlessly dick about with the CL, and feck over the smaller European countries. Excellent
I don't think it will work like that. I think everyone knows that the only way out is to let them have their ESL see it flop and then deal with the aftermath. If football collectively doesn't stand up to these clubs now then that is it. There will be an ESL within a few years either this one or an even worse incarnation. Now is the time to call their bluff, expel them and stand united. If they ever want back in they start again as complete new entrants.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 20956
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: European Finals.

Post by Prufrock » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:11 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:00 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:49 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:34 am
Think the reports that Mourinho going has anything to do with the ESL are wide of the mark - seems to be just a sacking.

If they have anything about them at all, all management and coaching staff from these 6 clubs should resign immediately. They won't though as they are on the gravy train too. Players should quit too.
6 days before a major cup final?
Let’s not call It major cos Spurs might win it. New manager syndrome and all that!
It's no Emirates Cup!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 20956
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: European Finals.

Post by Prufrock » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:14 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:04 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:51 pm
Aye, plenty justified criticism of the existing model and the way football is run and power allowed to accumulate and solidify, but this is a complete step change even from that. The lack of competition/jeopardy and an opportunity for others to compete is a joke.

It'll get binned off, but they'll come out with more money and more power.

Instead UEFA have decided to pointlessly dick about with the CL, and feck over the smaller European countries. Excellent
I don't think it will work like that. I think everyone knows that the only way out is to let them have their ESL see it flop and then deal with the aftermath. If football collectively doesn't stand up to these clubs now then that is it. There will be an ESL within a few years either this one or an even worse incarnation. Now is the time to call their bluff, expel them and stand united. If they ever want back in they start again as complete new entrants.
We'll see. I think UEFA etc will do everything they can to keep them (I don't think they'll get kicked out of the league unless they actually go through with it) and I don't think they'll go through with it because the players will all get banned from playing internationals and they want to keep playing domestic football which they won't be able to.

All a big play for even more power. It's right out of the coalition govt playbook. Decide you want to do x, leak that you're going to do y (which is far far worse) and then you can make out x is a compromise and you've "listened".
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7874
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: European Finals.

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:20 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:11 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:00 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:49 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:34 am
Think the reports that Mourinho going has anything to do with the ESL are wide of the mark - seems to be just a sacking.

If they have anything about them at all, all management and coaching staff from these 6 clubs should resign immediately. They won't though as they are on the gravy train too. Players should quit too.
6 days before a major cup final?
Let’s not call It major cos Spurs might win it. New manager syndrome and all that!
It's no Emirates Cup!
Aye, you have to be invited to play in that. It’s our own little pre season super league and spuds don’t make the grade!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 27871
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: European Finals.

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:23 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:14 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:04 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:51 pm
Aye, plenty justified criticism of the existing model and the way football is run and power allowed to accumulate and solidify, but this is a complete step change even from that. The lack of competition/jeopardy and an opportunity for others to compete is a joke.

It'll get binned off, but they'll come out with more money and more power.

Instead UEFA have decided to pointlessly dick about with the CL, and feck over the smaller European countries. Excellent
I don't think it will work like that. I think everyone knows that the only way out is to let them have their ESL see it flop and then deal with the aftermath. If football collectively doesn't stand up to these clubs now then that is it. There will be an ESL within a few years either this one or an even worse incarnation. Now is the time to call their bluff, expel them and stand united. If they ever want back in they start again as complete new entrants.
We'll see. I think UEFA etc will do everything they can to keep them (I don't think they'll get kicked out of the league unless they actually go through with it) and I don't think they'll go through with it because the players will all get banned from playing internationals and they want to keep playing domestic football which they won't be able to.

All a big play for even more power. It's right out of the coalition govt playbook. Decide you want to do x, leak that you're going to do y (which is far far worse) and then you can make out x is a compromise and you've "listened".
Haha I like the coalition playbook. Maybe it’s true. But I still don’t think anyone should give them an inch. Let them franchise themselves out. Soon the clubs will be moved to Asia to play their games and nobody in Europe will even care about them.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7874
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: European Finals.

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:24 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:14 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:04 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:51 pm
Aye, plenty justified criticism of the existing model and the way football is run and power allowed to accumulate and solidify, but this is a complete step change even from that. The lack of competition/jeopardy and an opportunity for others to compete is a joke.

It'll get binned off, but they'll come out with more money and more power.

Instead UEFA have decided to pointlessly dick about with the CL, and feck over the smaller European countries. Excellent
I don't think it will work like that. I think everyone knows that the only way out is to let them have their ESL see it flop and then deal with the aftermath. If football collectively doesn't stand up to these clubs now then that is it. There will be an ESL within a few years either this one or an even worse incarnation. Now is the time to call their bluff, expel them and stand united. If they ever want back in they start again as complete new entrants.
We'll see. I think UEFA etc will do everything they can to keep them (I don't think they'll get kicked out of the league unless they actually go through with it) and I don't think they'll go through with it because the players will all get banned from playing internationals and they want to keep playing domestic football which they won't be able to.

All a big play for even more power. It's right out of the coalition govt playbook. Decide you want to do x, leak that you're going to do y (which is far far worse) and then you can make out x is a compromise and you've "listened".
I’m with Pru. I’m not stressing about it because I very much doubt it will happen. It’s all to get more money out of UEFA and let’s face it, they aren’t angels either so can hardly take the moral high ground. Do I agree with my club doing it? Absolutely not, and nor do any fans it seems, who are the ones putting money in at the end of the day and nor will the players if the super league is all they have to play in, but do I actually think it will happen? No.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3323
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 pm
Location: Bury

Re: European Finals.

Post by Burnden Paddock » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:25 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:20 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:11 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:00 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:49 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:34 am
Think the reports that Mourinho going has anything to do with the ESL are wide of the mark - seems to be just a sacking.

If they have anything about them at all, all management and coaching staff from these 6 clubs should resign immediately. They won't though as they are on the gravy train too. Players should quit too.
6 days before a major cup final?
Let’s not call It major cos Spurs might win it. New manager syndrome and all that!
It's no Emirates Cup!
Aye, you have to be invited to play in that. It’s our own little pre season super league and spuds don’t make the grade!

...and no matter the result, Arsenal win the trophy! 😉

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7874
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: European Finals.

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:43 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:25 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:20 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:11 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:00 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:49 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:34 am
Think the reports that Mourinho going has anything to do with the ESL are wide of the mark - seems to be just a sacking.

If they have anything about them at all, all management and coaching staff from these 6 clubs should resign immediately. They won't though as they are on the gravy train too. Players should quit too.
6 days before a major cup final?
Let’s not call It major cos Spurs might win it. New manager syndrome and all that!
It's no Emirates Cup!
Aye, you have to be invited to play in that. It’s our own little pre season super league and spuds don’t make the grade!

...and no matter the result, Arsenal win the trophy! 😉
Yeah! Great isn’t it?! I hope the new super league is like that too :D :wink:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 27871
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: European Finals.

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:39 pm

Few rumours floating round that Liverpool and City are getting a bit twitch on ESL and might be thinking of pulling out. You'd not want to leave it long - first one to do it is a hero (sort of). Rest are - well just the nice people who tried to steal football.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25194
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: European Finals.

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:58 pm

Dunno which thread this goes on, this or t'other one. When we're considering underwhelming. Premier League.....When someone launches a nuclear strike, returning with the response "aren't you naughty" and "we'll see where it lands" doesn't cut it for me. I hope they're looking at other actions before the end of the week.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 27871
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: European Finals.

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:56 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:58 pm
Dunno which thread this goes on, this or t'other one. When we're considering underwhelming. Premier League.....When someone launches a nuclear strike, returning with the response "aren't you naughty" and "we'll see where it lands" doesn't cut it for me. I hope they're looking at other actions before the end of the week.
I thought their statement was fine tbh. Whilst I agree I'd like some action now (we all know the reality is that if they kick those clubs out then the 14 clubs place their futures in doubt) they did talk about holding those who'd done this to account - which is better than - we'll try and hold constructive talks to pacify the situation or some more conciliatory nonsense. Way things are going the PL might be able to sit back and watch ESL fall apart by itself - which would strip those clubs of some power by itself.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25194
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: European Finals.

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:05 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:56 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:58 pm
Dunno which thread this goes on, this or t'other one. When we're considering underwhelming. Premier League.....When someone launches a nuclear strike, returning with the response "aren't you naughty" and "we'll see where it lands" doesn't cut it for me. I hope they're looking at other actions before the end of the week.
I thought their statement was fine tbh. Whilst I agree I'd like some action now (we all know the reality is that if they kick those clubs out then the 14 clubs place their futures in doubt) they did talk about holding those who'd done this to account - which is better than - we'll try and hold constructive talks to pacify the situation or some more conciliatory nonsense. Way things are going the PL might be able to sit back and watch ESL fall apart by itself - which would strip those clubs of some power by itself.
See, you were underwhelmed by Jurgen, I was underwhelmed by PL. :-)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 27871
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: European Finals.

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:30 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:05 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:56 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:58 pm
Dunno which thread this goes on, this or t'other one. When we're considering underwhelming. Premier League.....When someone launches a nuclear strike, returning with the response "aren't you naughty" and "we'll see where it lands" doesn't cut it for me. I hope they're looking at other actions before the end of the week.
I thought their statement was fine tbh. Whilst I agree I'd like some action now (we all know the reality is that if they kick those clubs out then the 14 clubs place their futures in doubt) they did talk about holding those who'd done this to account - which is better than - we'll try and hold constructive talks to pacify the situation or some more conciliatory nonsense. Way things are going the PL might be able to sit back and watch ESL fall apart by itself - which would strip those clubs of some power by itself.
See, you were underwhelmed by Jurgen, I was underwhelmed by PL. :-)
I get that - I guess I just didn't expect them to do much so soon given complexities and 14 clubs all needing to agree and also the huge ramifications of future financing any decision would involve. Though I want them to and think they should I didn't expect it really.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3323
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 pm
Location: Bury

Re: European Finals.

Post by Burnden Paddock » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:56 pm

Chelsea are preparing to withdraw from the planned ESL according to Dan Roan on BBC Sport. If one goes, they all go. Hopefully. Fans won’t forget though!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 27871
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: European Finals.

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:05 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:56 pm
Chelsea are preparing to withdraw from the planned ESL according to Dan Roan on BBC Sport. If one goes, they all go. Hopefully. Fans won’t forget though!
Not the one I’d have expected to break first but great news if true. Chelsea pulling out would be first step in bringing down house of cards. Am I wrong in hoping Man Utd remain stubborn and end up playing themselves for eternity?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 27871
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: European Finals.

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:11 pm

Man City pulled out apparently. Before Chelsea. Did expect. City to break ranks first. This is going to be delicious now.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7898
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: Half dead in Panama

Re: European Finals.

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:57 pm

Ed Woodward has resigned.

Barca and Atletico both moving towards "not us gov" territory.

Liverpool, Utd and Arsenal need to make a statement quickly
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

DJBlu
Site Admin
Posts: 5062
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:38 pm

Re: European Finals.

Post by DJBlu » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:04 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:57 pm
Ed Woodward has resigned.

Barca and Atletico both moving towards "not us gov" territory.

Liverpool, Utd and Arsenal need to make a statement quickly
I hope UEFA throw the fecking book at them all. Greedy C*nts.

Boris Johnson reportedly informed them that laws would be brought in to prevent them playing any ESL games in the UK.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 27871
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: European Finals.

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:15 pm

Juventus chairman gone too. Would love to see the PL fine then all points.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7874
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: European Finals.

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:19 pm

Knew Hector would be the first of the Arsenal players to speak up. Hope we are gone too very soon.
Attachments
4930CC42-EB81-4E53-A9E4-0016B8CB9825.png
4930CC42-EB81-4E53-A9E4-0016B8CB9825.png (1.81 MiB) Viewed 89 times

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests