SAVE BURY

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

SAVE BURY

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:01 pm

Time for the E.F.L and all the rest in charge of sport to get realistic.. You just cannot let a lifetime of support from the fans of this old-established and historic club just disappear. Two days ago it was "There but for the grace of God, go I (we); we escaped and live on, and Bury F.C should be allowed to do the same. If for nothing more than fair play, re-instate them and let their sale go ahead. Do it....

SAVE BURY....
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: SAVE BURY

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:03 pm

A Brazilian mining operation have apparently attempted to save Bury and have offered £7m up front to do so. However, The EFL who, you'd think, might be over backwards to facilitate this, have said that they're not going back on their decision.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:48 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:03 pm
A Brazilian mining operation have apparently attempted to save Bury and have offered £7m up front to do so. However, The EFL who, you'd think, might be over backwards to facilitate this, have said that they're not going back on their decision.
Christ on a bike after what I saw about Brazilian mining companies the other night they'd be better off with the cnut they had.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:00 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:48 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Christ on a bike after what I saw about Brazilian mining companies the other night they'd be better off with the cnut they had.
Now had you said Brazilian dam building operations...............

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:47 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:00 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Seriously Bruce it was awful, you know I'm not one of the greenies biggest fans but these so n so's are causing untold permanent damage to very important ecosystems.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:21 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:47 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:00 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Seriously Bruce it was awful, you know I'm not one of the greenies biggest fans but these so n so's are causing untold permanent damage to very important ecosystems.
Don't doubt you for a second, Chief. We need look no further than Brazil's attitude towards the burning Amazon.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:39 pm

In fairness to the EFL - I'm unconvinced what they are meant to do. Let this Brazilian bid - that says they don't need to do due diligence go through - then what? Sure it might be someone prepared to unconditionally fund Bury with the mess they are in for a long period. But if it isn't - you are back to this point in months or years at best. Then the EFL get grief for allowing another sale to go through without the correct checks. You can't correct past mistakes so whilst we all know their incompetence in the here and now they are a bit snookered.

I think they should change the rules - make Bury sit out a season then re-instate the club (if it exists) in league 2. That would be fairest and be giving them the best chance.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:43 pm

I agree but the "if it exists" is a big if, especially with football creditors rule. Hopefully it can be kept going.

Understand the ire towards the EFL but the mistakes happened a while back, Shaun Harvey has a lot to answer for.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:35 am

Prufrock wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:43 pm
I agree but the "if it exists" is a big if, especially with football creditors rule. Hopefully it can be kept going.

Understand the ire towards the EFL but the mistakes happened a while back, Shaun Harvey has a lot to answer for.
Yep his approach to just "patch everything up" without addressing the deep rooted issues allowed it to this point. He just didn't want clubs going bust on his watch. But what that has created now is a ticking time bomb and Bury are just the first.

Re Bury - the biggest issue as to whether they exist is not football creditors - but rather the utter mess Day has left their ground and physical assets in. When far east investors own a single car park space in front of your stadium and the ground is "mortgaged" at a ridiculous rate of interest its hard to see how they will survive.

However, if you take their league status away completely then I see very little chance of that ground not being turned into houses.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:33 pm

Looks as if the EFL may have had a bout of common sense.
Going to discuss the possibility of re-admission to League 2 next season.

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:16 pm

Never liked the bucket shakers, but I do hope they can be saved if for no other reason that me late Grandad was a lifelong Shakers fan. I do however feel that the EFL would open a bigger can of worms if they did let them back in at League 2 level.
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

And the key to a result is a good :kettle:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:46 pm

Bury not being allowed back in next season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49841324

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:46 pm

Surprised me that. I thought the EFL, having dropped the ball over the sale of the club from Day to Dale, would have allowed them back in via L2.

They're due back in court in October re a winding up order from HMRC. If one or two of these supposed interested parties, mentioned when the last takeover collapsed, do exist, then time to step up now. Quickly.

There but for the grace of whoever/whatever..
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:03 pm

I suspected as much that this would be the result. Feel sorry for them but there was never any way that the EFL were going to backtrack!
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

And the key to a result is a good :kettle:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:22 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:46 pm
Surprised me that.
Didn't surprise the Bury fans at work.

I'd be interested to know how our lot voted being as we were in the cart with them.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:21 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:22 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:46 pm
Surprised me that.
Didn't surprise the Bury fans at work.

I'd be interested to know how our lot voted being as we were in the cart with them.
Was it held like a free vote, ballot or show of hands I wonder? If so, yes, it'd be interesting to know how everyone voted and whether it was close.

I suspect though that the EFL discussed it with members and dismissed it with no actual vote being held.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:16 pm

Bury's phoenix set up has been accepted into the North West Counties Division One North. As such, they can possibly drive past the Bok on their way to Daisy Hill. :shock:

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:51 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:16 pm
Bury's phoenix set up has been accepted into the North West Counties Division One North. As such, they can possibly drive past the Bok on their way to Daisy Hill. :shock:
Aye. Bizarrely, the twitching corpse that is still Bury FC, are waiting to hear this week whether they'll be accepted in the conference or conference north. The 2 sides could be in the same division in a few years if it goes ahead.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:10 pm

Which way are the fans going? Bury Phoenix or Bury FC? And what happened to all their players?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:32 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:10 pm
Which way are the fans going? Bury Phoenix or Bury FC? And what happened to all their players?
No players left. They all left sometime ago including the new manager, Paul Wilkinson,who they kept on for a month or so after their expulsion.

The fans are split, with some still hoping the original club can get through this. I think the majority (it's hard to tell) have thrown their weight behind the Phoenix/ AFC Bury and they're hoping on Dale leaving and the original club being wound up. The long term aim being to get back to Gigg Lane which is mired in all sorts of complex financial problems.

AFC appointed a manager this week and will be recruiting players shortly for the new season I expect. I'll be very surprised if Bury FC are given a place further up the pyramid and not wound up shortly.