Pies in administration

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Re: Pies in administration

Post by GhostoftheBok » Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:36 pm

Players on strike over wages brings back painful memories. The fact the staff on the footballing side haven't been paid is probably most pressing, along with the younger players. These aren't people with property portfolios or other investments to fall back on whilst they wait. Senior players, if they've had an ounce of sense during their careers, should be fine - but they're right not to work for no pay.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat May 06, 2023 12:57 pm

They’ve done it again. These c*nts will, at the very best, be starting next season with a points deduction.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat May 06, 2023 2:16 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 12:57 pm
They’ve done it again. These c*nts will, at the very best, be starting next season with a points deduction.
I thought a couple of weeks ago, the owner apologised and paid a visit to Wiggin saying "won't do it again, marrer"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue May 09, 2023 6:06 pm

11 Academy graduates in Saturday's matchday squad. And apparently the owners still not ponied up the wages.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue May 16, 2023 1:14 pm

Looks like they've now paid folks. Reads like the owner isn't actually overly impressed with how the £20m they've put in since 2021 has actually been spent...

All remaining playing and non-playing staff have now been paid.

The ownership group, Phoenix 2021 Limited, has committed a substantial seven figure sum to Wigan Athletic to secure the immediate future of the Club. The EFL has visibility of this amount.
Phoenix 2021 Limited under the ownership of Mr Abdulrahman Al-Jasmi and Wigan Athletic FC Chairman Talal Al Hammad insist they are fully committed to the Club.
Chairman, Talal Al Hammad, has released the following statement:

I firstly want to apologise again to all staff, players, fans and wider stakeholders for the stress this delay has caused.

As an ownership group we have invested well in excess of £20m since we came on board in 2021. Clearly mistakes have been made and this investment has not been spent in the right areas meaning finances this season have been difficult to sustain.

This latest payment will ensure our wage obligations are secured until we finalise a sustainable budget for next season. There will also shortly be announcements made regarding board and staff re-structures which will help us deliver this.

I finally again want to reassure all Wigan Athletic staff, players and fans that Mr. Al Jasmi and I are fully committed to the Club with Manager Shaun Maloney at the helm.

The Club will make no further comment at this stage.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 16, 2023 4:48 pm

^^ Reads like 'we're broke and the well has dried up' to me.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri May 19, 2023 5:59 pm

Docked another 3 points this season, and -4 next season, with a further 4 suspended until the season after...

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri May 19, 2023 6:18 pm

Alas.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri May 19, 2023 6:51 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 6:18 pm
Alas.
Should have been 11 next...!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat May 20, 2023 10:25 am

There will be more to come unless they manage to find another fake sheikh to step in and buy them.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Wed May 24, 2023 11:31 am

Apparently today is deadline day for Wigan in terms of settling the conditions of their agreement with the EFL. Money has to hit the reserve account by close or...something.

I have no desire to see a football club go to the wall, but another points deduction would be handy.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed May 24, 2023 11:19 pm

Sounds like they missed the deadline. Where’s my violin?

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Thu May 25, 2023 4:59 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 11:19 pm
Sounds like they missed the deadline. Where’s my violin?
Going to let Al-Jasmi borrow it to busk for change?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri May 26, 2023 9:15 am

I've always been mindful how I word this.... Arabic countries and particularly it's 'hierarchy' are very, very demanding and very very egotistical. They will not accept failure. It doesn't resonate with them, because they're so privileged - This guy has taken it over, expected it to snowball with positivity and the footballing world will join them on their journey.

As soon as it became evident that it wasn't a project that could take Wigan into the promised land, he's just sacked it off. Whilst they have many many riches, they will not spend them on something shite

Where he's from, he's untouchable. His people, peers, colleagues, staff etc will never utter a word about the shit-show at Wigan Athletic, so he's not arsed - He's going to pull his cash out and get back to some local infrastructure projects and never show his face here again
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri May 26, 2023 12:29 pm

-8 points now....payday is Wednesday...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri May 26, 2023 12:35 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 12:29 pm
-8 points now....payday is Wednesday...
Mind I've only read that on thier forum. They're now expecting an "eight figure" sum to be deposited (sure they said 7, last time they had anything to say) and a wage budget -65% v current.

Edit: Yup -8. Just had to look properly...

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Fri May 26, 2023 1:05 pm

Wigan are threatening to sue the EFL.

Best of luck, lads.

"The EFL have had clear oversight of an 8 figure sum"...but it's seemingly not in club accounts. The account they were told to put money in has no money in it and the money that's supposedly there to finance the whole club next season exists somewhere, but isn't accessible by the club to actually pay for anything.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri May 26, 2023 7:58 pm

It’s absolute nonsense…the jouro, Kendick, is reporting the money is about to be deposited and the appeal etc but there is no way this talal fella is legit, and if he is from money as Boris says ot ain’t getting deposited here. Minus eight has to be the start when you consider what we had - they are hardly solvent and just seem to be fobbing off the EFL.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri May 26, 2023 8:18 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 7:58 pm
It’s absolute nonsense…the jouro, Kendick, is reporting the money is about to be deposited and the appeal etc but there is no way this talal fella is legit, and if he is from money as Boris says ot ain’t getting deposited here. Minus eight has to be the start when you consider what we had - they are hardly solvent and just seem to be fobbing off the EFL.
TBF, the amount he's depositing went up by a factor of 10, from a seven figure sum to an 8 whilst cutting 65% off the wage bill. Can only assume the extra is to pay some contracts off. Don't want them bust, but they gave us fck all sympathy, so intense pain would be quite acceptable. Wankers.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri May 26, 2023 8:40 pm

Anything the Wigan administration has said is bollocks…I would read the EFL take on it and hope the local journalist has an idea what is going on…he’s an utter bell end though…