Pies in administration

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

DJBlu
Site Admin

Re: Pies in administration

Post by DJBlu » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:21 pm

Wonder if we'll be buying back the training ground? How hard did they laugh when we had to sell it? I think a jelly and ice cream amount of sympathy will be forthcoming.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:23 pm

3 point deduction confirmed. Further charges incoming. Wigan's statement appears to not contest anything.

They're really in bother.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:26 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:21 pm
Wonder if we'll be buying back the training ground? How hard did they laugh when we had to sell it? I think a jelly and ice cream amount of sympathy will be forthcoming.
Wigan no longer use Euxton. It belongs to a property company and is currently leased by Preston.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:29 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:26 pm
DJBlu wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:21 pm
Wigan no longer use Euxton. It belongs to a property company and is currently leased by Preston.
So Preston will be in the mud next then. Like a poisoned chalice.

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Post by knobpolisher » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:51 pm

Jeez they are in so much bother, yet another example of the EFL fit and proper owners test ?
The amount of joy that certain wiggin fans expressed during our troubles is now coming back to haunt them. Yes it is real people's wages and livelihoods under threat and I wish them well but the club and fans can go and **** themselves.
Hope the owner hangs on until season end and enters admin then they can start with a 12 point deduction - karma.
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:57 pm

Imagine being Josh Meggenis.

Once bitten and all that. Anyone got a link to his celebration video?

The only shame is there are probably decent people that work there and are going to be struggling financially.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:13 pm

"Why are they punishing the fans?"
"Why are we being treated worse than anyone else?"
"It's the banks fault if they've delayed a payment."

Reality is going to hit them in the face like a brick.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:18 pm

Yeesh, that's a familiar tune.

Hope they don't go pop, and hope the staff etc don't suffer (though seems unlikely). But would be a real pity to see them in L1 with no players and a points deduction next year...

And such a shame to see Magennis on the dole.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:18 pm

Fake sheikh, said it all along he’s had a whiff of bullshit about him. As much as I am sure there are plenty of genuine people (staff, fans) there I can’t say I feel particularly sorry for that club.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:59 pm

Just seen this - This fella has always come across a prick, writes for the Wigan rag. Karma.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:02 pm

The EFL in January of this year entered into an agreed decision with Wigan to include the suspended three point sanction if they made late wage payments again and to order the club to put 125% of the monthly wage bill into a separate account to ensure wages were paid on time in the event of any future issue.

The charge now relates to the fact Wigan ignored this and did not set aside the monthly wage amount as they agreed to with the EFL.

That to me seems pretty serious. Like not only have you failed to pay wages you’ve also directly ignored an EFL instruction you signed up to.

Not sure what the penalty for that is but one assumes high given the flagrant nature of the breach.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:30 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:02 pm
The EFL in January of this year entered into an agreed decision with Wigan to include the suspended three point sanction if they made late wage payments again and to order the club to put 125% of the monthly wage bill into a separate account to ensure wages were paid on time in the event of any future issue.

The charge now relates to the fact Wigan ignored this and did not set aside the monthly wage amount as they agreed to with the EFL.

That to me seems pretty serious. Like not only have you failed to pay wages you’ve also directly ignored an EFL instruction you signed up to.

Not sure what the penalty for that is but one assumes high given the flagrant nature of the breach.
According to their CEO as far as he was aware, that money was there. Until it wasn’t……
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:19 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:30 pm
According to their CEO as far as he was aware, that money was there. Until it wasn’t……
They have to have provided evidence to the EFL that they'd set up the account. If they've then removed the money and not told the EFL its just breach upon breach.

The agreement stated the account had to be funded and then not touched until December '23. They would have had to have misled the EFL, but it's hard to see how they could have mislead their own board about a club account.

If the board members knew they could be banned from football.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:30 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:19 pm
boltonboris wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:30 pm
They have to have provided evidence to the EFL that they'd set up the account. If they've then removed the money and not told the EFL its just breach upon breach.

The agreement stated the account had to be funded and then not touched until December '23. They would have had to have misled the EFL, but it's hard to see how they could have mislead their own board about a club account.

If the board members knew they could be banned from football.
I’m not convinced the EFL even monitored the establishment of the account.

But regardless…I suspect this is very serious stuff. Wont be banned from football but suspect it will be harsh to say the least.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:53 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:24 pm

But yeah I don't get the whole competitive thing - Wigan are and always will be a completely irrelevant non entity...
Really? They're on our doorstep and in direct competition to pick up any decent players not already snapped up by our super rich neighbours. I hate to think how many potential new fans we missed out on who live in Aspull, Hindley, Leigh etc because of their presence.

I hope the whole bally lot of it is liquidated.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:12 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:53 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:24 pm

But yeah I don't get the whole competitive thing - Wigan are and always will be a completely irrelevant non entity...
Really? They're on our doorstep and in direct competition to pick up any decent players not already snapped up by our super rich neighbours. I hate to think how many potential new fans we missed out on who live in Aspull, Hindley, Leigh etc because of their presence.

I hope the whole bally lot of it is liquidated.
In all the time I’ve watched us they’ve barely registered. A complete non entity. A nothing club that were propelled by whelans broken leg and money for a decade and some change. But genuinely feel nothing about them. Bury…a proper club that I disliked intensely but was sad to see go. They had real history. And Christ even a rivalry there.

Wigan is a new age load of nonsense for me. Kids stuff.

But whatever…given how few fans they have I don’t think we can have lost many….

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:51 am

Sad to see any club struggle regardless. The fans can't help where they live or who they support. As ever, money is the root of all evil...as the saying goes, that and unscrupulous owners motivated by it. Good luck to them.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:31 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:51 am
Sad to see any club struggle regardless. The fans can't help where they live or who they support. As ever, money is the root of all evil...as the saying goes, that and unscrupulous owners motivated by it. Good luck to them.
Steady on Tango!

Bloody gone to the dogs this place :D
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Post by knobpolisher » Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:00 pm

The Wiggin owner has published an apology here courtesy of bbc , I pay my licence fee so I can post a link, it sounds like this chap is laurence bassini in disguise.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65025179
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:22 am

Players staying away from the changing room. Clayton Donaldson has sent them a video instruction on how to use a tap!