Pies in administration

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Re: Pies in administration

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:37 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:09 pm
Pie men are arguing force majeure aren’t they...I’m struggling with how it’s any different to any other c*nt owner slapping them in admin - no other teams ended up down that route as well.

Anyway, saudis have backed out of newcastle, there’s another potential owner for these moon men!!
Force majeure I.e the pandemic, is an utter piss take. You cant take over a club at the height of the pandemic then claim it as a surprise several weeks later!

They've been shafted with poor owners combined with living beyond their means. Pretty much the same as every other administration!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:17 pm

Nixon reporting they've lost their appeal. And 500k too in appeal costs
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:21 pm

Chortle 🤭

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:35 pm

Is it safe to laugh yet? oh look, yes it is :grin: :lol: :laugh:
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

And the key to a result is a good :kettle:

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:00 am

https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/thre ... wn.106908/

Further amusement over here.

I do feel sorry for those who felt sorry for us...but for the “tics men” who went to our ground for photos, posed mocking nat etc...Karma is a dish best served with a side of pie.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:39 pm

I see 6 months after his £10m move to Milan fell through they've just about made back what they paid for him selling him to Fulham :lol:

Up the Tics.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:00 pm

All kicking off now...assets being sold to “non football people”. The fabled Euxton hanging around the necks like a mill stone...
Administrators, surprisingly, seemingly just trying to achieve best value and not what’s best for the town of Wigan...

Tic(k) tock.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:30 am

officer_dibble wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:00 pm
All kicking off now...assets being sold to “non football people”. The fabled Euxton hanging around the necks like a mill stone...
Administrators, surprisingly, seemingly just trying to achieve best value and not what’s best for the town of Wigan...

Tic(k) tock.
It seems to have gone from their muppet fans telling everyone they had no debt and were well run to "FIRE" pretty quick.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:44 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:30 am
It seems to have gone from their muppet fans telling everyone they had no debt and were well run to "FIRE" pretty quick.
We were in the same position not long ago, with the club telling people BWFC's debt wasn't "real debt". I feel bad for most of the Wigan fans. There are plenty of dickheads supporting them, but I know plenty and the ones who tie their own shoes are alright.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:14 am

I think most of our lot acknowledged that the real number wasn't £170-180m. There is still something over £10m of that on our books. As I said in OP, I don't want Wigan to go bump (nor wanted Bury to). But they're in denial, or at least only now, waking up to facts. Numbnuts.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:18 am

Worthy4England wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:

Tic(k) tock.
I noted Nixon was initially saying they had no debt and no creditors....so you can't entirely blame their fans for lack of comprehension....

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:52 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:18 am
Worthy4England wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:

Tic(k) tock.
I noted Nixon was initially saying they had no debt and no creditors....so you can't entirely blame their fans for lack of comprehension....
Of course I can.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:15 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:18 am
Worthy4England wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:

Tic(k) tock.
Nixon should stick to posting news of transfers 10 minutes before they happen, followed by “aye”. He proved he knew fck all about the mechanics of football business during our takeover.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:50 pm

I see Wigan are still in admin after the admins self imposed deadline of 'end of August for a sale' has now passed. And are having to flog players and estate left right and centre to pay the bills. Perhaps our fans who bemoaned the administrators and the process and called them all names under the sun may look at them as a relevant example that shows admin is never easy, never straightforward and our process were it not for the financial web left by and obstructiveness during of KA would have been a breeze....

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:21 pm

At what point do the EFL let them start the season? At least we had someone identified as a buyer with a business plan. Not convinced Wigan have anyone, although their fans have done a commendable job of raising enough money to cover a couple of months losses...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:58 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:21 pm
At what point do the EFL let them start the season? At least we had someone identified as a buyer with a business plan. Not convinced Wigan have anyone, although their fans have done a commendable job of raising enough money to cover a couple of months losses...
That was why Admins set a date of Aug 31. They said they didn't want to start the season without knowing that they could complete it, as they (the Admins) have no intention of running football club for a full season - and maybe don't have the money either. I suspect as long as Admins take the view they can cover the expenses until a bidder takes over, then it's probably less hassle for EFL to let them, rather than make a "decision" - but I would think it depends on how close they are to a deal with one or more parties.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:06 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:50 pm
I see Wigan are still in admin after the admins self imposed deadline of 'end of August for a sale' has now passed. And are having to flog players and estate left right and centre to pay the bills. Perhaps our fans who bemoaned the administrators and the process and called them all names under the sun may look at them as a relevant example that shows admin is never easy, never straightforward and our process were it not for the financial web left by and obstructiveness during of KA would have been a breeze....
Krasner would hardly fill anyone with confidence.

Wigan have had the benefit of being able to sell their assets, albeit for a much lower price than they would have liked. The few assets we had all left for nowt.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:59 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:21 pm
You can start a season in admin. Many, many teams have. The issue Bolton had was simple - there were no assets to cover the costs - so whilst we in theory could start the money ran out very quickly in administration - which is why FV had to pay money into the business and also provide assurances to the league that the takeover was close. The viability of a club is what matters whether in admin or not - hence Wigan have reduced their costs to a point whereby they can start the season in admin with relative certainty that even if still run by administrators they could complete their fixtures throughout. Bury weren't in that position hence why league banned them playing. We only were because the belief was takeover was an hour or two away pre-Wycombe...had that not been the league's view we wouldn't have started either.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:02 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:06 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:50 pm
Krasner would hardly fill anyone with confidence.

Wigan have had the benefit of being able to sell their assets, albeit for a much lower price than they would have liked. The few assets we had all left for nowt.
That's the particular circumstances at a club. An admin's only role is to run the business until either a) a suitable buyer takes it off their hands or b) it is liquidated if no suitable buyer is found.

I think what they are is wildly overstated - all they are doing is raising funds to sustain Wigan till a) can happen. That's all our admins did too. Their costs are high because as with similar professions they bill by the hour - but they aren't some sort of nefarious dodgy dealers - they don't care who the business is bought by, just that creditors get best deal possible and business continues.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:09 pm

^^ The interim Admins Report states that on 24th Aug (something like that), one of our secured creditors changed the "ask" and with no realistic chance of another buyer at that stage, they started preparations to wind us up...<gulp>