Standing? Yes or no?!

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Standing? Yes or no?!

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:37 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56 ... 9EFmmD9pdQ

Interesting article. Personally, given my relatively young years compared to some of you I don’t remember standing at Arsenal, though I have done at other smaller grounds occasionally. Not sure I’m a fan tbh given my relative short arseness. Anyone prefer it?

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Re: Standing? Yes or no?!

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:39 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:37 pm

Interesting article. Personally, given my relatively young years compared to some of you I don’t remember standing at Arsenal, though I have done at other smaller grounds occasionally. Not sure I’m a fan tbh given my relative short arseness. Anyone prefer it?
Definitely preferred it, but being an owd fart now I could probably do with the sit down :(

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:15 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:39 am
Gooner Girl wrote:

Definitely preferred it, but being an owd fart now I could probably do with the sit down :(
Yes but iirc you’re pretty tall aren’t you?

I think, so long as it’s proved safe and there’s an option of seated too then why not? Surely it was phased out because it wasn’t safe though? That said, that was when all of a whole stand was standing. This would be a much smaller amount.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:28 am

I'm in favour for people who want to stand. Probably won't bother with the Mosh Pit meself apart from occasional games.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:12 pm

I preferred it and hated all seater stadia. But I guess now I'd opt for a seat like most others - however, there are a few games I'd relive and definitely want to stand for.

I think the packed behind the goal away days now are perfect where everyone stands anyway but you've got a seat for a HT rest and if you're getting thumped.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:02 pm

At one time I would have said standing all the way, but nowadays don't we all stand when anything exciting happens anyway? In between we get a sit down. What's not to like with seating?

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:18 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:15 am
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:39 am
Gooner Girl wrote:

Yes but iirc you’re pretty tall aren’t you?

I think, so long as it’s proved safe and there’s an option of seated too then why not? Surely it was phased out because it wasn’t safe though? That said, that was when all of a whole stand was standing. This would be a much smaller amount.
I'm above average :wink:

I'm all for standing, just not sure I could be arsed standing myself these days!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:44 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:02 pm
At one time I would have said standing all the way, but nowadays don't we all stand when anything exciting happens anyway? In between we get a sit down. What's not to like with seating?
Spoken like a proper old man there!!

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:46 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:44 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:02 pm
Spoken like a proper old man there!!
The state of my back I’m usually glad of a sit down at half time. I’m a walking medical miracle!