Dulux. New Spurs sponsors

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Dulux. New Spurs sponsors

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:38 am

Great stuff from Dulux, to cheer GG up, new sponsors of Spurs.

Started off ok with Dulux dog getting a tour of the New White Heart Lane...but as the social media thread developed, they were asked if the Dulux dog could play centre back and responded - he might do a better job. Then asked if they intended repainting the trophy cabinet, they responded surfaces should be dust free before painting then went on to show an empty trophy cabinet for sale. :-)

Methinks someone is in trouble. :D

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Re: Dulux. New Spurs sponsors

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:17 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:38 am
Great stuff from Dulux, to cheer GG up, new sponsors of Spurs.

Started off ok with Dulux dog getting a tour of the New White Heart Lane...but as the social media thread developed, they were asked if the Dulux dog could play centre back and responded - he might do a better job. Then asked if they intended repainting the trophy cabinet, they responded surfaces should be dust free before painting then went on to show an empty trophy cabinet for sale. :-)

Methinks someone is in trouble. :D
I saw that yesterday! So funny!! Do you reckon the Dulux social media person is an Arsenal fan?! Deffo worth losing your job for!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:44 am

They’ve just sacked Mourinho! Shame. He made them even easier to hate them!!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:48 am

Though, if rumours on social media are true and he was sacked because of the super league stuff and refusing to take players out to train this morning then he goes up a tiny bit in my estimation. Only a tiny bit mind.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:12 pm

It was an unfounded Twitter rumour that, apparently. Very believable as if Levy could sack him for breach of contract and without having to pay compo, I'm sure he would.

As it is, the solidarity payment of £45 million they stand to get for signing up to the ESL, half of it will be going straight into JMs pocket. Only Spurs :lol:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:10 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:44 am
That's got to be him pretty much finished now, hasn't it?

Found out again.

£16m pay off though, I'm hearing. If I got sacked I'd be given 30 minutes to get my shit together - at best :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:15 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:10 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:

Found out again.

£16m pay off though, I'm hearing. If I got sacked I'd be given 30 minutes to get my shit together - at best :D

Rightly so! 😉

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:17 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

Found out again.

I like Jose but I don't think his brand of management is compatible with many of the over pampered premiership starlets who exist now. His achievements are incredible - unparalleled in the modern game but I do suspect he's had his day now unless he fancies taking on a lower end premiership club where I suspect he'd do rather well.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:19 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

Found out again.

I’d like to think so but I doubt it! He always seems to keep popping up places. Can’t see him living a quiet retirement, can you?! He must be laughing with that pay off though.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:41 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:17 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

Found out again.

I like Jose but I don't think his brand of management is compatible with many of the over pampered premiership starlets who exist now. His achievements are incredible - unparalleled in the modern game but I do suspect he's had his day now unless he fancies taking on a lower end premiership club where I suspect he'd do rather well.
He's not had a great record since probably Inter (bearing in mind you would expect the teams he manages to win things). You could make a case that he had success at Porto, Chelsea and maybe Inter - that was in 2010. Since that he's won a league with Real Madrid - who'd have thunk it, and Chelsea again in 2014/15 before having them near the relegation zone the season after when he was sacked. Great manager in the noughties. Wouldn't have him at Bolton for free.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:25 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:41 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:17 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

Found out again.

He's not had a great record since probably Inter (bearing in mind you would expect the teams he manages to win things). You could make a case that he had success at Porto, Chelsea and maybe Inter - that was in 2010. Since that he's won a league with Real Madrid - who'd have thunk it, and Chelsea again in 2014/15 before having them near the relegation zone the season after when he was sacked. Great manager in the noughties. Wouldn't have him at Bolton for free.
Winning the champions league at Porto and Inter is Cloughesque.

I’d agree that he was the best manager for a decade but has had his time now. He’d be a bad fit for us now. When Coyle was manager I’d have eaten my arms and legs for Jose to sort us out.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:49 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:19 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

Found out again.

I’d like to think so but I doubt it! He always seems to keep popping up places. Can’t see him living a quiet retirement, can you?! He must be laughing with that pay off though.
Always thought that him and Spurs were a perfect match, I'd even go so far as to say deserved each other. Neither have achieved anything for a long while yet still feel that they have some right to behave arrogantly.

In other news I'm hearing that Arsenal have decided to go one further and set up their own league of one - bookies have you down to come second. Is that right? ;)

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:00 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:49 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:19 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

Found out again.

Always thought that him and Spurs were a perfect match, I'd even go so far as to say deserved each other. Neither have achieved anything for a long while yet still feel that they have some right to behave arrogantly.

In other news I'm hearing that Arsenal have decided to go one further and set up their own league of one - bookies have you down to come second. Is that right? ;)
Probably! Have you seen us play recently?! 🙈 Ain’t no way we are getting in the CL on merit any time soon.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:20 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:00 pm

Probably! Have you seen us play recently?! 🙈 Ain’t no way we are getting in the CL on merit any time soon.
Saw the highlights last night, and to be honest, felt for Scott Parker at the end.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:35 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:20 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:

Saw the highlights last night, and to be honest, felt for Scott Parker at the end.
Not sure there were any ‘highlights’! Bloody VAR :evil: A point was no good for either of us. I like Fulham and hope they stay up but I can’t feel for Scott Parker when he’s wearing a cardi like that!

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:46 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:35 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

Not sure there were any ‘highlights’! Bloody VAR :evil: A point was no good for either of us. I like Fulham and hope they stay up but I can’t feel for Scott Parker when he’s wearing a cardi like that!
Not to mention his mahoosive head! I have an unnatural dislike of Scott Parker and for that reason alone, I hope they go down! Bit of luck and it could be an away day, the season after next!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:49 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:46 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

Not to mention his mahoosive head! I have an unnatural dislike of Scott Parker and for that reason alone, I hope they go down! Bit of luck and it could be an away day, the season after next!
Can’t beat a Fulham away day. My fave ground, other then The Emirates obvs.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:52 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:49 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

Yet your club has chosen to no longer participate in such fixtures. Fans don’t matter to these lot.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:58 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

Pretty much the best away day, especially when the sun is shining. Stroll through the park, followed by a defeat and food/drinks by the river.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:00 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:58 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

Pretty much the best away day, especially when the sun is shining. Stroll through the park, followed by a defeat and food/drinks by the river.
Fookin freezing in that away end. Even on a sunny day I thought bits were going to drop off :|