Dulux. New Spurs sponsors

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Dulux. New Spurs sponsors

Post by Burnden Paddock » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:02 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:52 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:49 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:46 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:35 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:20 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:00 pm

Probably! Have you seen us play recently?! 🙈 Ain’t no way we are getting in the CL on merit any time soon.
Saw the highlights last night, and to be honest, felt for Scott Parker at the end.
Not sure there were any ‘highlights’! Bloody VAR :evil: A point was no good for either of us. I like Fulham and hope they stay up but I can’t feel for Scott Parker when he’s wearing a cardi like that!
Not to mention his mahoosive head! I have an unnatural dislike of Scott Parker and for that reason alone, I hope they go down! Bit of luck and it could be an away day, the season after next!
Can’t beat a Fulham away day. My fave ground, other then The Emirates obvs.
Yet your club has chosen to no longer participate in such fixtures. Fans don’t matter to these lot.

I’m not sure GG had too much of a say in it tbh, mate! 😉

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:08 pm

Someone just sent me - Spurs entering the Super League is like me walking into the Crucible and putting 50p on the table 😁
May the bridges I burn light your way

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:10 pm

Just been out on the bike past the Emirates, a pretty big crowd with placards and banners protesting. I reckon 100 or so. Had my helmet on or I'm sure I'd have heard them chanting.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:16 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:08 pm
Someone just sent me - Spurs entering the Super League is like me walking into the Crucible and putting 50p on the table 😁
I’ve heard like bananaman joining the avengers. :D

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:16 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:00 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:58 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

Probably! Have you seen us play recently?! 🙈 Ain’t no way we are getting in the CL on merit any time soon.
Saw the highlights last night, and to be honest, felt for Scott Parker at the end.
Not sure there were any ‘highlights’! Bloody VAR :evil: A point was no good for either of us. I like Fulham and hope they stay up but I can’t feel for Scott Parker when he’s wearing a cardi like that!
Not to mention his mahoosive head! I have an unnatural dislike of Scott Parker and for that reason alone, I hope they go down! Bit of luck and it could be an away day, the season after next!
Pretty much the best away day, especially when the sun is shining. Stroll through the park, followed by a defeat and food/drinks by the river.
Fookin freezing in that away end. Even on a sunny day I thought bits were going to drop off :|
Probably seem balmy now after living in Scotland for a few years!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:18 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

Yet your club has chosen to no longer participate in such fixtures. Fans don’t matter to these lot.
I don’t even think you can blame the ‘club’. It’s made up of many parts and I’m pretty sure the fans, players, manager and staff at the clubs had nothing to do with this. It has greedy owners written on it all the way through.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:21 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:18 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

I don’t even think you can blame the ‘club’. It’s made up of many parts and I’m pretty sure the fans, players, manager and staff at the clubs had nothing to do with this. It has greedy owners written on it all the way through.
I don’t blame the fans hence you posted about enjoying Fulham away. The club have shafted you. And yes it’s the owners making these decisions. But anyone who chooses to be employed by them and represent Arsenal for me take some blame. They could all have walked out en masse this morning. They really need to show some spine here.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:36 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:21 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:

I don’t blame the fans hence you posted about enjoying Fulham away. The club have shafted you. And yes it’s the owners making these decisions. But anyone who chooses to be employed by them and represent Arsenal for me take some blame. They could all have walked out en masse this morning. They really need to show some spine here.

I’ve been to Fulham at least 4 times now? Always to watch you lot. Unless you have an Arsenal season ticket (and I’m silver membership, the next level down) then you don’t have much chance of attending away games.

I gather there was a talk/question and answer at training today for the Arsenal players on the new super league and why Arsenal had chosen to be in it. Perhaps clubs have heard overwhelmingly negative feedback from players today about it but maybe this is being done privately and players aren’t going to break rank and slag off their employers publicly just yet?

As I say, I’m pissed off but not unduly worried yet because I don’t think it will go ahead.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:50 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:36 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

I’ve been to Fulham at least 4 times now? Always to watch you lot. Unless you have an Arsenal season ticket (and I’m silver membership, the next level down) then you don’t have much chance of attending away games.

I gather there was a talk/question and answer at training today for the Arsenal players on the new super league and why Arsenal had chosen to be in it. Perhaps clubs have heard overwhelmingly negative feedback from players today about it but maybe this is being done privately and players aren’t going to break rank and slag off their employers publicly just yet?

As I say, I’m pissed off but not unduly worried yet because I don’t think it will go ahead.

Who do you think will stop it? These clubs don’t care about their fans. They don’t care about football or the competition. The clubs are the owners and are simply fuelled by greed. Pure and simple greed. I don’t see how it’s stopped though I do think all clubs should have been chucked out of all domestic and European competitions this morning. Only a tough stance might resolve this in the long run.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:53 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:16 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

Pretty much the best away day, especially when the sun is shining. Stroll through the park, followed by a defeat and food/drinks by the river.
Fookin freezing in that away end. Even on a sunny day I thought bits were going to drop off :|
Not at all. It's more wind and rain than cold here. Out of the times I've felt really cold in the last couple of decades, 2 of the standouts were the away end at Fulham. The fact that we're consistently dire there may have a psychological effect :)

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:01 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:50 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

Who do you think will stop it? These clubs don’t care about their fans. They don’t care about football or the competition. The clubs are the owners and are simply fuelled by greed. Pure and simple greed. I don’t see how it’s stopped though I do think all clubs should have been chucked out of all domestic and European competitions this morning. Only a tough stance might resolve this in the long run.
It stops when the clubs realise the strength of feeling on this means the broadcasters will struggle to sell the games. Sure, there will be some money from the east to start with, but once it becomes the equivalent of playing your last payday in Qatar it will wither.

Personally I see it as an opportunity to reset the game without the 6 and make it all a bit more equitable. I don't think it will happen sadly, but its a huge opportunity that should be grasped if it goes ahead.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:05 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:53 pm

Not at all. It's more wind and rain than cold here. Out of the times I've felt really cold in the last couple of decades, 2 of the standouts were the away end at Fulham. The fact that we're consistently dire there may have a psychological effect :)
I’ve seen you win there! Admittedly it was back in 2007 but a cracking good game!

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:09 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

You’ve clearly never stood on the away end at Hartlepool, when the stand backing onto the North Sea has been demolished! Did I mention that it was January and it snowed throughout most of the game? 🥶 ⛄️ Added to that was the fact Mrs BP and I were spending a few days in York, when I ‘suddenly’ realised we were playing in the North East on the day we were due home. We weren’t really dressed for the elements. For good measure it snowed all the way home, which made for an interesting journey! On the plus side, we won 2-0!

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:10 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:05 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

I’ve seen you win there! Admittedly it was back in 2007 but a cracking good game!

We almost won on our last visit, but for their stoppage time equaliser! 😡

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:17 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:09 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

You’ve clearly never stood on the away end at Hartlepool, when the stand backing onto the North Sea has been demolished! Did I mention that it was January and it snowed throughout most of the game? 🥶 ⛄️ Added to that was the fact Mrs BP and I were spending a few days in York, when I ‘suddenly’ realised we were playing in the North East on the day we were due home. We weren’t really dressed for the elements. For good measure it snowed all the way home, which made for an interesting journey! On the plus side, we won 2-0!
I'd say if you go to Hartlepool in January you get what you deserve :lol:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:21 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

I saw us win there too. It was the cup and I just wanted either team to score so I wouldn't have to endure extra time. Unfortunately we waited for extra time to score. To add insult to injury the beer ran out at half time as I got to the front of the queue. The tube was screwed up that night which meant I missed pre match pints and I didn't get home until well after midnight. Shit nigh despite winning :evil:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:25 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:21 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

I saw us win there too. It was the cup and I just wanted either team to score so I wouldn't have to endure extra time. Unfortunately we waited for extra time to score. To add insult to injury the beer ran out at half time as I got to the front of the queue. The tube was screwed up that night which meant I missed pre match pints and I didn't get home until well after midnight. Shit nigh despite winning :evil:
Were we at the same match? Al Habsi had a stormer in goal? That was an extra time winner in the league cup. You can’t have had too many of them at Fulham!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:15 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:01 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

It stops when the clubs realise the strength of feeling on this means the broadcasters will struggle to sell the games. Sure, there will be some money from the east to start with, but once it becomes the equivalent of playing your last payday in Qatar it will wither.

Personally I see it as an opportunity to reset the game without the 6 and make it all a bit more equitable. I don't think it will happen sadly, but its a huge opportunity that should be grasped if it goes ahead.
The owners of these clubs want to make money selling the TV rights to the highest bidder for a global audience. They aren’t interested in what a few hundred thousand scousers or mancs think. In fact they will trade every UK fan for the billions of fans in Asia and elsewhere. The idea that local opposition will stop this doesn’t really sit with the people behind it. Foreign owners, mainly American, American banks and I’d hazard a guess at American networks all looking to cash in.

I agree with you that what we need is to use this as a chance to reset. Call their bluff kick them out and rebalance the finances. The trouble is clubs won’t go for that because they’d see a massive drop in income but still huge wage bills. But that’s the ideal.

Best case is the big boys come back and get an even better deal than they get now. But I wouldn’t be surprised if they stick it out and pursue the ESL. Because the owners care nothing for anything but money making. And in the short term at least this will make a lot of money.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:22 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:25 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:21 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

Were we at the same match? Al Habsi had a stormer in goal? That was an extra time winner in the league cup. You can’t have had too many of them at Fulham!
Probably the same evening. Wasn't many in the ground. GtE was there and my Bolton supporting Spanish mate was in tow

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:26 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:15 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:01 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

The owners of these clubs want to make money selling the TV rights to the highest bidder for a global audience. They aren’t interested in what a few hundred thousand scousers or mancs think. In fact they will trade every UK fan for the billions of fans in Asia and elsewhere. The idea that local opposition will stop this doesn’t really sit with the people behind it. Foreign owners, mainly American, American banks and I’d hazard a guess at American networks all looking to cash in.

I agree with you that what we need is to use this as a chance to reset. Call their bluff kick them out and rebalance the finances. The trouble is clubs won’t go for that because they’d see a massive drop in income but still huge wage bills. But that’s the ideal.

Best case is the big boys come back and get an even better deal than they get now. But I wouldn’t be surprised if they stick it out and pursue the ESL. Because the owners care nothing for anything but money making. And in the short term at least this will make a lot of money.
I agree they don't care, but the domestic and European broadcast income is not an insignificant sum of money to them. If the European broadcasters struggle to sell subscriptions then the Asian markets will need to be huge and not get bored with it.