(Non Bolton) transfer thread

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: (Non Bolton) transfer thread

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:36 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:29 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:52 am
I think Insano, that you and Sheikh Mansoor might have differing views on "worth" :-)
City have to work within FFP so whilst clearly its pocket change - to the club in the current rules its an absolutely huge investment.

As for other point - if you've spent 100M on Grealish then surely you do so believing he's a better bet than Messi on a free?
Well, there's the "ongoing" run costs to consider too....not all about the headline number - if Messi is anywhere near the reported numbers, then he costs more to run for two years than £100m quid.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:37 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:36 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
I think Insano, that you and Sheikh Mansoor might have differing views on "worth" :-)
City have to work within FFP so whilst clearly its pocket change - to the club in the current rules its an absolutely huge investment.

As for other point - if you've spent 100M on Grealish then surely you do so believing he's a better bet than Messi on a free?
Well, there's the "ongoing" run costs to consider too....not all about the headline number - if Messi is anywhere near the reported numbers, then he costs more to run for two years than £100m quid.
Mind, there's lots of different number floating around....and I guess he makes a shed load on image rights too..

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:54 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:36 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Numbers I've seen reported put Messi on ~£28M per year for 2 years.

Grealish cost £100M plus reported ~£10M wages per year for 6....

I'd say the cost of the two is obviously reflective of age but I'll be amazed if Grealish ever gets close to Messi's levels.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:28 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

Taking into account wages and the amortisation of Grealish's £100m fee over the length of his contract, how much is each player costing PA?
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:31 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:28 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Taking into account wages and the amortisation of Grealish's £100m fee over the length of his contract, how much is each player costing PA?
Probably about the same - we obviously aren't dealing with exact figures. But what's in the public domain would suggest about the same.

The difference being that obviously you're entering into a much longer and therefore potentially costlier agreement for JG than LM.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:15 am

Emerson Royal - Moves from Real Betty's Tea Room to Barcelona for £5m, yet in the same window is signed by Tottingham for £25m.

I'd fecking hate to support Spurs, what a misguided joke they are. Their claims to be a 'big club' are hilarious. They deserve all the failure they get.
May the bridges I burn light your way