Premier league predictions?

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Premier league predictions?

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:20 pm

Top 4, FA and league cups and Champions league winners? What do you reckon? The closest gets nothing more then a smug feeling of satisfaction at the end of the coming season!

I’ll go

1. Man City
2. Chelsea
3. Liverpool
4. Man Utd

Fa cup winners: Villa

League cup: Arsenal

Champions league: PSG

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Premier league predictions?

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:51 am

1) Chelsea
2) Man City
3) Man Utd
4) Liverpool

FA Cup: Man Utd
League Cup: Whoever takes it seriously enough - Man City again maybe.
Champions league: Really don't care - probably one of the English teams - perhaps its Man City's turn.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:01 am

1) Man City
2) Chelsea
3) Man Utd
4) Leicester

FA Cup - Arsenal

League Cup - Man Utd

CL - Bayern Munich

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:43 pm

1) Man City
2) Chelsea
3) Leeds
4) Liverpool

FA Cup - Spurs

League Cup - Wolves

CL - PSG
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:55 pm

How much did Ben White cost Arsenal? Absolute shite. Rubbish. No idea what they look at these clubs. Need a dominant centre half go and sign some weak as piss midget.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:17 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:55 pm
How much did Ben White cost Arsenal? Absolute shite. Rubbish. No idea what they look at these clubs. Need a dominant centre half go and sign some weak as piss midget.
Think I'd have been looking at Dunk (and paying a lot less for him) if I was looking at Brighton's centre backs to sure up my defence. Still, you could stick Bobby Moore in there but if they will insist on hapless zonal marking at set pieces....
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:29 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:17 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:55 pm
Think I'd have been looking at Dunk (and paying a lot less for him) if I was looking at Brighton's centre backs to sure up my defence. Still, you could stick Bobby Moore in there but if they will insist on hapless zonal marking at set pieces....
Dunk can actually defend so I guess isn’t considered by likes of Arsenal….

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:48 am

European Super League anyone?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:09 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:48 am
European Super League anyone?
“Big Six” :roll:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:04 am

We will be in the relegation zone after 3 matches - next up are Chelsea and City. I honestly think we will be finishing mid table this year at best. I have no confidence at all we will be any better then last season. I give Arteta til October. :evil: :cry:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:07 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:04 am
We will be in the relegation zone after 3 matches - next up are Chelsea and City. I honestly think we will be finishing mid table this year at best. I have no confidence at all we will be any better then last season. I give Arteta til October. :evil: :cry:
Couple of managers now, since Wenger - is it managers or something else?

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:46 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:07 am
Gooner Girl wrote:
Bit of everything I think. Add in Kroenke and Edu to that mix too and some rubbish transfers. Aubameyang has carried us for a bit and his form dipped badly last year. Pre season he has been woeful too. Went to the emirates the other week and watched us in a PSF vs Chelsea and he looked poor. Sign of the times when Arsenal fans weren’t actually too concerned that him and Laca were both out with illness yesterday. I feel like every area of the squad needs more quality. ESR, Saka and Tierney were the few bright sparks last season. It’s lovely to have home grown talent in the case of ESR and Saka coming through but we need the more established older professionals to step up. Not 100% convinced in some of Artetas decisions but I like the guy and he’s clearly trying but his lack of experience shows at times. Maybe a lack of European football will help. Tbh I’d rather have nothing then that conference league anyway!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:07 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:46 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Bit of everything I think. Add in Kroenke and Edu to that mix too and some rubbish transfers. Aubameyang has carried us for a bit and his form dipped badly last year. Pre season he has been woeful too. Went to the emirates the other week and watched us in a PSF vs Chelsea and he looked poor. Sign of the times when Arsenal fans weren’t actually too concerned that him and Laca were both out with illness yesterday. I feel like every area of the squad needs more quality. ESR, Saka and Tierney were the few bright sparks last season. It’s lovely to have home grown talent in the case of ESR and Saka coming through but we need the more established older professionals to step up. Not 100% convinced in some of Artetas decisions but I like the guy and he’s clearly trying but his lack of experience shows at times. Maybe a lack of European football will help. Tbh I’d rather have nothing then that conference league anyway!
I looked it up and you spent over £50M on Ben White. You’ve got to start asking who is making these crazy decisions. You need a centre half like Tony Adams and a midfield player like Viera. It’s not like this is new. I reckon it’s been obvious for a decade. But instead they keep spending money on the same sort of players you don’t need.

I’d be pretty annoyed if I were an Arsenal fan. Mainly because your tickets are a shocking price yet you get very little back.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:42 pm

I like Ben White, I wouldn't be writing him off as a player in the back of one game, but the broader point is bang on.. It's always obvious what they need, and they never go and get it.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:06 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:07 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
I looked it up and you spent over £50M on Ben White. You’ve got to start asking who is making these crazy decisions. You need a centre half like Tony Adams and a midfield player like Viera. It’s not like this is new. I reckon it’s been obvious for a decade. But instead they keep spending money on the same sort of players you don’t need.

I’d be pretty annoyed if I were an Arsenal fan. Mainly because your tickets are a shocking price yet you get very little back.
See, I don’t get this ticket generalisation for Arsenal with the ‘shocking prices’. Some of our season tickets are very expensive which is where I think this misunderstanding comes from but I can, as an adult member go to a category C game - so roughly 1/3 of the games in the premier league, for £26 (lower tier family enclosure but other areas of the ground also available at a similar price). I paid £23 to watch you lot today at Plough Lane, 2 divisions lower. My kids are £10 each at Arsenal so less then £50 for me and my twins, 3 of us, to go watch Arsenal in the premier league - that sounds reasonable to me. Yes, different sections of the ground and matches against bigger teams are more expensive, but not ridiculously so. Tickets for the cups and Europa league (when we were in it!) are generally cheaper still. Arsenal may be many things but I think £26 for a PL ticket is good value?! :conf:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:08 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:42 pm
I like Ben White, I wouldn't be writing him off as a player in the back of one game, but the broader point is bang on.. It's always obvious what they need, and they never go and get it.
Wasn’t the best of debuts but can’t judge a player on one match as you say! We have been missing a ‘Vieira’ type player since, well, Vieira. We are in desperate need of a good right back, another decent central defender, a reserve goalkeeper (we will be seriously stuffed if Leno gets injured) and a striker too, given Auba is going missing regularly. I’d say we need 3/4 top players to get us battling for the top 4 again. Will we get them? No.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:15 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:06 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

See, I don’t get this ticket generalisation for Arsenal with the ‘shocking prices’. Some of our season tickets are very expensive which is where I think this misunderstanding comes from but I can, as an adult member go to a category C game - so roughly 1/3 of the games in the premier league, for £26 (lower tier family enclosure but other areas of the ground also available at a similar price). I paid £23 to watch you lot today at Plough Lane, 2 divisions lower. My kids are £10 each at Arsenal so less then £50 for me and my twins, 3 of us, to go watch Arsenal in the premier league - that sounds reasonable to me. Yes, different sections of the ground and matches against bigger teams are more expensive, but not ridiculously so. Tickets for the cups and Europa league (when we were in it!) are generally cheaper still. Arsenal may be many things but I think £26 for a PL ticket is good value?! :conf:
I mean I was talking about STs. Your cheapest season ticket is the most expensive in the land. And your most expensive ST is over £2K. That’s a nonsense. You can buy a family ticket at Bolton for price of one adult ticket at Arsenal. And that would be the same even if Bolton were in the premiership I imagine. Glad match day tickets are more reasonable. Is there a cost to being a member?

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:57 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:15 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:06 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

I mean I was talking about STs. Your cheapest season ticket is the most expensive in the land. And your most expensive ST is over £2K. That’s a nonsense. You can buy a family ticket at Bolton for price of one adult ticket at Arsenal. And that would be the same even if Bolton were in the premiership I imagine. Glad match day tickets are more reasonable. Is there a cost to being a member?
Fair enough but lots of fans don’t have season tickets and just pay as you go for matches like we do. We will do maybe 7/8 games a season, generally cheaper ones, and I think it’s good value £26, given I paid only a few pounds less then that today for league 1 football. I had a nosy and we are one of the cheaper clubs for match day tickets, however expensive we are for ST’s (and bear in mind our ST includes cup matches as well so it’s not always a straight comparison).

There is a membership cost per season but it’s not that expensive and gives other benefits as well as priority to match day tickets too, discounts in the shops, goodies for the kids etc. By being a Junior Gunner member my son got to be mascot for Arsene Wengers last ever home match! I’d have paid thousands for that! We are silver members (one up from red generic membership and below gold (ST level) which you get at no extra cost but after being a red member for a long, long time) which means I can get tickets for pretty much any home match I want. That said, given how we are playing at the moment think they should be paying us to watch them! :evil:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:45 pm

Gotta say to Insano, if people will pay it, Clubs will charge it... including Bolton.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:21 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:15 pm
Glad match day tickets are more reasonable. Is there a cost to being a member?
Just embarrassment, shame and self loathing I imagine :P
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"