Premier league predictions?

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Premier league predictions?

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:43 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:45 pm
Gotta say to Insano, if people will pay it, Clubs will charge it... including Bolton.
Yes that’s true. If I was paying 2K a year for an Arsenal season ticket I’d be pretty fed up with what the club have done in the last decade or so. That was my point. They charge what they can as per all businesses.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:38 am

1) City
2) United
3) Chelsea
4) Liverpool.

League Cup - City
FA Cup - United

CL- PSG
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:38 am

I also think Kane will be a City player in the next couple of days

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:25 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:21 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:15 pm
Glad match day tickets are more reasonable. Is there a cost to being a member?
Just embarrassment, shame and self loathing I imagine :P
:whack: If it wasn’t your birthday…

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:26 pm

Be a bit worried if I was a City fan. If a Kaneless organised Spurs can beat you relatively easily it has to be a concern. Need a striker. And Foden and De Bruyne back fit. I think they will struggle to win the league this year.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:54 am

They had half a team missing. They obviously need players back fit and firing sooner rather than later, but far too soon to be writing them off!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:08 am

Prufrock wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:54 am
They had half a team missing. They obviously need players back fit and firing sooner rather than later, but far too soon to be writing them off!
Wouldn't write them off but I think this year in Chelsea and possibly Man Utd they have very very serious competition.

I think over the past few years City haven't massive strengthened especially in areas they were weaker in, as players like Aguero go, KDB picks up more injuries and Sterling has faded (at City) they've not exactly struggled but I wonder if cumulatively this season they've left quite a lot to do. Other sides have at least on paper got stronger - Chelsea were last season a striker short of being serious and they got one - United in theory fixed at least one of their big holes. Going to be interesting but I'd say Kane is the gamechanger. Without a proven top level striker I do think they may be short.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:44 am

Prufrock wrote:
Do we have an approximate value as to this ragtag and bobtail shower they so desperately managed to string together? 🤔
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:23 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:44 am
Prufrock wrote:
Do we have an approximate value as to this ragtag and bobtail shower they so desperately managed to string together? 🤔
Small change, barely over half a billion on headline numbers (dunno about "add-ons"...so about a "Grealish" more than Utd's starting line-up which had 2 home-grown players in it...

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:08 pm

Chelsea
Man Utd
Man City
Liverpool

FA Cup: Man City
League Cup: Liverpool
Champions League: Man City
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:54 pm

I predict City might need a new left back.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:14 pm

Chelsea get Lukaku and United get Ronaldo. City fans not happy. Does feel like they are being overtaken here. Grealish doesn’t make them better. The other two signings make those sides considerably better.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:22 pm

All a bit bizarre...I'd be a bit pi$$ed too, if I were they...and Pep's said he's offski in 23...strange

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:57 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:14 pm
Chelsea get Lukaku and United get Ronaldo. City fans not happy. Does feel like they are being overtaken here. Grealish doesn’t make them better. The other two signings make those sides considerably better.
I like Grealish but it's hard to disagree with this. The other two will win their sides unexpected points on their own with just a flash of magic. I think this signing makes Utd real contenders.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:08 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:57 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
I like Grealish but it's hard to disagree with this. The other two will win their sides unexpected points on their own with just a flash of magic. I think this signing makes Utd real contenders.
I bloody hate Ronaldo. Just thought I’d get it out there. The thought of United winning the league makes me feel sick too.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:36 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:08 am
Harry Genshaw wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
I bloody hate Ronaldo. Just thought I’d get it out there. The thought of United winning the league makes me feel sick too.
Amen to that, brother. They've been real quiet recently....The woodwork will be fcuking crawling today.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:51 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:08 am
Harry Genshaw wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
He's a hard guy to like but what a player and what a professional. The guy is phenomenal. Sticks in my throat too, the thought of that lot winning stuff again but his signing means it's inevitable, sadly.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:51 pm

He's like a cheating, diving, Messi