Still Wanderers related but quite old.

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

beer_swiller
Hopeful
Hopeful

Still Wanderers related but quite old.

Post by beer_swiller » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:53 pm

Been sorting out the loft when i came upon quite a lot of memorabilia. I have two old scrapbooks from early 70s covering the promotion season from old 3rd div. Many old Newspapers including 53 Final headlines from BEN and one from our relegation season. Not too sure how to add pictures, any ideas please.
Denn
Denn

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Still Wanderers related but quite old.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:46 pm

You need to get the pics into your files Denn. I use a camera that has a facility (outlet) that links a lead to my p.c via the keyoard slot on my computer. ( You can do the same thing if your mobile phone can send pics to your e-mail) Then Save the pictures to Images in your pc. To send them to site (like this one) use the "Attachments" buton below the post. Sounds complicated, but it isn't really. I'm no technician, believe me .
Good luck. :D
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

beer_swiller
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by beer_swiller » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:29 pm

Thanks for the reply.
I have taken the pics with an iphone camera and downloaded them to jpeg. They're on the laptop but it was just a case of putting them on the web site. I'll be taking a few more as there are some real relics, probably not seen by many.
Regards Dennis.
Denn

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:10 pm

beer_swiller wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:29 pm
Thanks for the reply.
I have taken the pics with an iphone camera and downloaded them to jpeg. They're on the laptop but it was just a case of putting them on the web site. I'll be taking a few more as there are some real relics, probably not seen by many.
Regards Dennis.
Great. I love a bit of 70s and 80s Wanderers nostalgia. Really looking forward to seeing these.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:16 am

Currently watching a series on Sky History named: "A Brief History of Football" with Alfie Allen

One of the episodes focuses on the PFA and it's origins and how they managed to do away with the maximum wage. Bolton's very own Tommy Banks made a whitty speech to ensure the players voted to strike and subsequently won the 'battle' with the FA's employment laws for footballers at the time

Interestingly the delegation and vote took part in Manchester and the Bolton players were leaders in the 'revolution'

Apparently the story was that a young Bury player stood up against the strike by stating that his father was a coal miner and earned much less than the £20 a week maximum pay footballers were getting and he thought it would be an insult to many workers

To which Tommy Banks replied "I've been at the coal face myself and tha'as much respect for your fathers work, but you tell your dad to come out of the mine and try bloody marking Stanley Matthews on Saturday afternoon" :lol:
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"