West Ham are complete failures! Let's all laugh at 'em!

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:38 pm

Here's a couple of today's gems from KUMB.

Well I for one do feel sorry for the demise of Leeds.
While I have always disliked them, I'd rather have more 'proper clubs' such as Leeds, Nottingham Forest and Sheffield Wednesday in the Prem, rather than the dross like Bolton and Wigan.

or try,

thats a fair point, i would love to swap teams like bolton, wigan and probably blackburn for teams like forest, wednesday and maybe leeds for the main reason that teams like that are always well supported and you go to these games as away supporters and you expect good atmospheres and a good day out.

Because West Ham are a very big club. 8)
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:11 pm

Zulus Thousand of em wrote:Here's a couple of today's gems from KUMB.

While I have always disliked them, I'd rather have more 'proper clubs' such as Leeds, Nottingham Forest and Sheffield Wednesday in the Prem, rather than the dross like Bolton and Wigan.

or try,

thats a fair point, i would love to swap teams like bolton, wigan and probably blackburn for teams like forest, wednesday and maybe leeds for the main reason that teams like that are always well supported and you go to these games as away supporters and you expect good atmospheres and a good day out.

and they'd expect to take some points of shite like that rather than us
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Batman

Post by Batman » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:15 pm

karnts

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:59 pm

They already have us penned for the drop!

http://kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=90671
I was recently checking through Sporting life and having a look at the Premiership clubs signings up to now and I noticed that Bolton are in serious trouble already and are my dark horses for the drop.
they have signed 6 players up to now:-

Gerald Cid - Free
Blerim Dzemali - Free
Danny Guthrie - Loan
Zoltan Harsanyi - Undisc
Gavin McCann - 1 million
Jlloyd Samuel - Free

Now I don't pretend to be the worlds greatest football billy but apart from McCann who the f*ck are them other signings? Also FREE? Since fat Sam has left has all the money gone with him? New manager as well who obviously is out of his depth. I can see either the Umpa Lumpa getting the chop by January or Bolton are staring CCC in the face come may.

Your thoughts?
cos clearly, our current squad did f*ck all last year :roll:
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:05 pm

Urgh, please don't post stuff from Kumb. It causes to much anger.

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:07 pm

why get angry when you can :lol:

cophilie
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by cophilie » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:25 pm

Some c*nt off KUMB wrote:Bolton 7-1 to go down next season worth a tenner at least!
http://www.online-betting-guide.co.uk/p ... gation.htm
then another c*nt comes along and says this
and we are 10-1 god everyone does hate us
So in other words the fact that the club who only escaped relegation last season by fielding an illegal superstar are less likely to go down than the club who have had 4 consecutive top 8 finishes,and who have a better/larger squad than last year,means everyone hates them.

Arrogant lil w*nkers

cophilie
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by cophilie » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:28 pm

Ooh just got another one
Anelka aint even their main player. As long as they have Nolan to lump it to Davies they are fine.
Ignoring the bearing-on incoherent nature of the piece,I'm just sh!t-scared they've sussed our gameplan for next season!

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:43 pm

Benayoun to the socusers

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hli ... youn+price

£4mil? Not too shabby business by the pool IMHO.

Batman

Post by Batman » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:09 pm

Congratulations West Ham. Just when you thought that - like 'Dr' Gillian McKeith - you could not possibly get any more loathsome, you sign Craig Bellamy and give him a reported £70,000 a week. Now that is a stroke of genius.

That will ensure that those who reserved judgement over the Alan Pardew sacking, gave you the benefit of the doubt over the Carlos Tevez affair and turned a blind eye to the £30m-plus spent on average players on massive wages, might finally accept that you are the Premier League's least likeable club.

This is a mantle previously held by Leeds and then Newcastle - both magnets for mercenary players with roughly 427 zillion times more money than sense, and more court appearances than medals to their names.

Anyone fancy a night out with Bellamy, Lee Bowyer, Carlton Cole and Anton Ferdinand? Anyone find a single player on the West Ham squad list that they actually like? We came to a halt after Dean Ashton and Mark Noble - and that was more about pity as the poor fella had the misfortune to be brought up as a Hammer.

The signing of Bellamy has taken Alan Curbishley's spending as West Ham manager close to the £40m mark. That's a massive amount of money. Has he bought a single player with the potential to play for a top-four side? Well yes, a single player in Lucas Neill, who turned down Champions League football with Liverpool for a relegation fight with West Ham (oh and oodles of cash).

Aside from Neill, he's bought three Arsenal rejects, one Liverpool reject, one Chelsea reject and has-been and never-were players like Nigel Quashie and Calum Davenport. Those who questioned how he would cope with a decent budget (and we were in that bracket) were definitely right to question. While Newcastle, Tottenham and Aston Villa have bought players with ambition, West Ham have bought average footballers whose careers have either stagnated or gone backwards.

Even those of us with some sympathy over the Tevez affair and little good will towards Sheffield United, could not celebrate at the decision to uphold the Blades' relegation. Frankly, we wanted rid of both of them.

There will be many 'neutrals' who want that putting right this coming season and will rejoice at the sight of crying Hammers' fans just as we did at those pictures of Leeds fans with tear-stained faces on the day they were relegated.

Still not convinced? Look at the list of 'celebrity' fans...internet star Leslie Grantham, TV racist Jo O'Meara, wifebeater Frank Bruno and Billy sodding Mitchell (the most rubbish of all the Mitchells) and tell me you want Sunderland or Derby relegated instead.

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:10 pm

That's from football 365. The Shammers have been sobbing about it all day.

Batman

Post by Batman » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:11 pm

innit

kernts

fozzy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by fozzy » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:34 am

Ohhhhhhh, lots to tackle here...
Zulus Thousand of em wrote:Here's a couple of today's gems from KUMB.

or try,

Where does it state on there that we are a very big club? Anyway, I never been to Bolton - so I can't comment on that - but wouldn't you rather visit the clubs listed, instead of Wigan et al?

Also, one poster doesn't speak for all of us. He thinks you're going down - I don't. Doesn't stop 7-1 being good odds though...

Benayoun. Hopefully it'll be nearer to £5m, but that still represents good business for the Scousers when Koumas went for £5.3. SHame he spouted all that bo*locks about signing for us though.

Bellamy is not on £70k. And that article is shocking, but I'm not losing any sleep over it. Same as the thousands of 'anti' Hammers articles that have sprung up lately (I'm looking at you, Daily Mail.) If over the course of last season, we have gone from 'second teamers' to pantomine villains,
then that's fine by me.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:46 am

Still not convinced? Look at the list of 'celebrity' fans...internet star Leslie Grantham, TV racist Jo O'Meara, wifebeater Frank Bruno and Billy sodding Mitchell (the most rubbish of all the Mitchells) and tell me you want Sunderland or Derby relegated instead.
They missed off one of West Ham's most famous sons - Alf Garnett. I know he wasn't real, but probably a fair reflection in its day...

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:47 am

There is nothing 'pantomime' about your villain status. Everyone just seriously hates you.

fozzy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by fozzy » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:57 am

Everyone? Even Sheffield Wednesday fans?

A lot of fans aren't that keen on Bolton either - are you bothered?

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:16 am

fozzy wrote:Everyone? Even Sheffield Wednesday fans?

Sorry, we are far to small to have an opinion!
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:18 am

Daxter wrote:There is nothing 'pantomime' about your villain status. Everyone just seriously hates you.
Erm... nope.

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:25 am

fozzy wrote:Everyone? Even Sheffield Wednesday fans?

Unlike yourselves, we love being hated, due to the fact that we have the ability to 'stick it to the man' and prove just about everyone wrong. Especially the pundits!

Especially the pundits
Sorry, just realised, you lot have that ability too don't you. :mrgreen:
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:30 am

blurred wrote:
Daxter wrote:There is nothing 'pantomime' about your villain status. Everyone just seriously hates you.
Erm... nope.
Scousers don't count.