West Ham are complete failures! Let's all laugh at 'em!

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:07 pm

they did get an unlucky draw though, like when i found out Everton were due to face Villareal in a Champions League Qualifier last season i knew they'd get battered - same with West Ham this yeah in the UEFA.

you have to say that although we had scares home and away to Plovdiv, we always had the quality to beat them.

The West Ham fans reaction on that thread is PRICELESS though. Ahahahaha.

Palermo are top top quality opposition.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:19 pm

Not sure if any one's made this point:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:27 pm

I am having a good ol' chuckle in the East End of London tonight. On my way to work tomorrow I will laugh at every West Ham number plate and badge I see.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Village Idiot
Promising
Promising

Post by Village Idiot » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:32 pm

I saw a "Sam" mentioned as a replacement in one of their several "Pardew out!" threads.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:42 pm

Village Idiot wrote:I saw a "Sam" mentioned as a replacement in one of their several "Pardew out!" threads.
Amazing what a bit of a bad spell can do for someone who was Mr Wonderful only a week or two ago. What price entertainment now? Love to hear Louise's views on that one. Seems there are a few Wham supporters who'd swap all that entertainment for a few points right at this moment in time. How are the mighty fallen. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

cowdrill
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by cowdrill » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:51 pm

hahaha!!! 4-0 on agg

TUFF SHIT YOU COCKNEY ***TS
Mich Caine wrote: Lets not joke about this. I make Mr T look like Walter from The Beano.

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:02 pm

Yes, lets laugh at an English team going out of Europe. :crazy:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

50sQuiff
Reliable
Reliable

Post by 50sQuiff » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:17 am

Hahahahaha I've never heard so many hollow platitudes reeled off in quick sucecssion: "Learnt a lot, signs we're improving, unlucky, big test for us, the dynamics of traveling affected us, scoreline didn't reflect the game, didn't get what we deserved, lessons to be learned, concentrate more on the Premiership"

Oh, I enjoyed those highlights.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:30 am

warthog wrote:Cockney nobbers now 3-0 down. 4-0 on aggregate.

Enjoy the tears here
"Come on west ham pull yourselves together, we can do this. would moore and hurst etc etc have gve up, NO we can still do this"

Can anybody say LIVING IN THE PAST

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:22 am

I think I'm correct in saying that there is a abnormally large percentage of West Ham fans in Fleet Street? I'm guessing this will be on the back page of the Sun tomorrow:

"PARDEW OUT, THE MAN WE LAMBASTED WHEN HE WAS IN CHARGE OF ENGLAND IN"
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:56 am

warthog wrote:I'm going to have to register with KUMB tomorrow, if only to point out that they've been humiliated by a side that wouldn't even have qualified for Europe, but for the Italian match fixing scandal. It's at times like this I miss 606.
I think someone is checking up on you Warty. KUMB said this:
Lets stop the in house fighting... im sure other fan forums are pasting links on the site laughing at how fickle we are being...

COME ON YOU IRONS!!!!
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:38 am

We should not laugh at the afflicted, they have enough problems of their own making! Its not the attacking and entertaining football that is letting them down it's the total lack of character / team spirit and a belief that they are better than they really are that are their main problems. They should stop believing all the press propaganda written about them and develop a more battling instinct like Bolton have had to do. Then they may recover, but somehow I can see the headlines later in the season that they are "too good to be going down AGAIN". SO SAD :D
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:01 am

Little Green Man wrote:Not sure if any one's made this point:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I concur, though I think your point of view would be clearer if it was emphasised with a few more :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: just to avoid any confusion.
Businesswoman of the year.

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:24 am

Just thought you might like to see the aftermath of the third goal.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:27 am

WTF is the PINK shirt all about??

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:30 am

ratbert wrote:WTF is the PINK shirt all about??
I think it's a failed attempt by Palermo to tone down their mafioso tag. :D
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Village Idiot
Promising
Promising

Post by Village Idiot » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:40 am

Palermo has always worn pink shirts in modern times.

Current design is uncannily ugly though.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:56 am

Interesting piece from yesterday's 'Fiver'. Thought you might like the cynicism :wink2:
BIT OF BOVVA

The Fiver's always had a soft spot for the way West Ham play, and we admire what Alan Pardew has done at Upton Park too. But almost everything else about the club leaves us colder than a brass monkey in the Siberian Streaking Championships. There's chairman Terence Brown; the blingtastic players, many of whom strut around giving it the big 'I am' despite having won nothing except a Division One play-off; the seedy, slightly menacing atmosphere outside the ground; and - worst of all - the club's fans.

When those supporters aren't banging on about the Hammers winning the 1966 World Cup single-handedly, they're usually shrieking away in ridiculous faux-Cockney accents, even though most of them live in detached Mock Tudor houses in Essex. (In fact the Fiver half-suspects that Hammers fans are to blame for Dick Van Dyke's disastrous accent in Mary Poppins.) The club has always had an 'element' too - which resurfaced again last night when 20 fans were arrested and another six injured after "a huge battle" with Palermo fans and police last night.

Palermo police spokesman Virgilio Alberelli said 500 people were involved in the riot, 17 of whom, including five police officers, were taken to hospital. According to one eyewitness: "West Ham fans behaved like animals, roaming the streets, bottles in hand searching for anyone to fight." After an hour, police finally managed to calm the situation and Hammers fans were put on three buses and driven away from the centre. Alberelli today appealed for both sets of supporters "to keep calm" ahead of tonight's Euro Vase clash. After what happened last night, that looks like a pipedream.

mofgimmers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by mofgimmers » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:51 am

That's my thoughts on the whole thing!

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/2006/09/ ... .html#more
I write words for a living. I play records for a living. Both of these thing should tell you that I'm a failed musician.

wovlad
Promising
Promising
Location: Underneath the squeaky floorboard, behind the kitchen dresser

Post by wovlad » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:13 pm

Village Idiot wrote:I've perceived the rather high degree of WH aprehension in this board. What's the reason? Just out of curiosity really.
A couple of season's ago West Ham were in a relegation battle. It came down to the last game of season between them and the super whites as to who would stay up. In the build up the media showed
a great deal of bias towards to them. Beautiful West Ham vs Bolton Bullies. Not even one of the greatest goals in Premiership history from Okocha in a 1-0 win, changed the media slat. Anyway we had the upper hand beat Boro & the Hammers went down. We did'nt relegate them there form over the season was'nt good enough that year, simple as.

They've held a grudge against ever us since. Wind up merchants coming on here telling us how great they are, loyal fans, won the world cup etc. Great, West Ham have been average for over 25 years. Loyal, they wanted Pardew out in his first season. Rave'd on about how brilliant he was last season. We're not into October and plenty already want him out. Won the world cup, it was team effort.
If I should die, think only this of me:
That there's some corner of a foreign field
That is for ever England