West Ham are complete failures! Let's all laugh at 'em!

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Re: West Ham are complete failures! Let's all laugh at 'em!

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:29 am

:lol:

Perhaps BWFCi is Mark Curtis after all, rather than Alan Nixon?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:16 am

Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
mrplow wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/football/blo ... ited-waste

The Allardyce and Mark Curtis part of this story is interesting.
Allardyce trying to force players to sign up with Mark Curtis?

But but but it was Gartside who was pally with Curtis (who is a c*nt and by extension so is anyone he deals with) whilst Allardyce is a hero who surely would not associate with the likes of Curtis.......I can hear certain people's scripts being ripped up from here!
There is of course the possibility that they're both "pally" with Curtis, given that Bolton used him to recruit Megson, after Allardyce had left... :roll:
I'm not disputing that. Though I don't believe he was involved in any recruitment since. Perhaps he should have been.......

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:25 pm

As for the differences between Poyet and Allardyce, it is sad but true that poor old Gus is valiantly trying make silk purses from sows ears whereas Big Sam has no time for that kind of namby-pamby nonsense - show him a sow's ear and he's more likely to opt for frying it to a crisp and serving it up in a barm cake with plenty of brown sauce.

Quote of the year, surely.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Tue May 20, 2014 2:56 pm

Big Sam is staying and will lead them into next season!

Didn't see that one coming at all. I thought bridges had been well and truly burnt.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue May 20, 2014 3:30 pm

ChrisC wrote:Big Sam is staying and will lead them into next season!

Didn't see that one coming at all. I thought bridges had been well and truly burnt.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27357306.

They are scared of going down before their big move that's why, and rightly so. However in a PR exercise the board have said this:

"After listening to feedback from supporters, the board have insisted on improvements to the set-up of the playing and backroom staff to ensure the team provides more entertainment next season."

Bet Sam loved reading that. Who will the new attacking coach be? Jack Charlton?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue May 20, 2014 7:53 pm

LeverEnd wrote:

They are scared of going down before their big move that's why, and rightly so. However in a PR exercise the board have said this:

"After listening to feedback from supporters, the board have insisted on improvements to the set-up of the playing and backroom staff to ensure the team provides more entertainment next season."

Step forward, Tony Adams.

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Wed May 21, 2014 11:46 am

Worthy4England wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:

Step forward, Tony Adams.
Shirley Sir Trev of Brooking particularly as they're moving into that beautiful white elephant in Stratford and he hasn't been getting the publicity recently. 8)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed May 21, 2014 12:11 pm

This isn't going to turn around those fans who've never taken to him. They will lie in wait for another poor run, or some faux pas from him. Haa-ha.

To be fair to the Dave's & Mrs. Peschisolido, they are supporting him. It would have been all to easy, if expensive, to let him go this week.

I feel a visit to KUMB coming on.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed May 21, 2014 12:12 pm

Tis nonsense.

Either he's the right manager or he isn't.

You can't ask him to do a job with a load of conditions that impinge on how he might tackle it. In the same way as I thought the whole "Owen can stay as manager as long as Sammy Lee is involved and he gets a new defensive coach" rumour was bobbins too.

If as a Board you believe the manager needs to change style or appoint someone and the manager hasn't seen that of his own volition then he isn't the right person to work for you.

Shows the West Ham board are scared of their fans but also scared of losing millions.

Should have just said "He's our manager, deal with it!".

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Wed May 21, 2014 12:24 pm

It's not unreasonable for the owners of a privately owned business and the senior board members to dictate a style, a by-way, a corporate image.

If they, or Eddie D in our case, or the Glazers or any other person says to the manager "I want you to take a more attacking philosophy" or "I want you to not attack referee's the way you do" .... and ask "do you feel able to do that ?" what's wrong with that ?

If I were Abramovich I'd think it was reasonable to speak with Mourinho and say "I want to see a more attacking minded approach .... oh, & can you stop all this camera posturing you do ?" Why shouldn't he ? It's reasonable that he shouldn't pick the team or have a view on this full back or that midfielder on a match to match basis ... but why should he not request an overarching style ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed May 21, 2014 12:37 pm

Presumably you pick a manager to meet your requirements in the first place. I mean, you know what you get with Allardyce right :wink:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed May 21, 2014 12:40 pm

bobo the clown wrote:It's not unreasonable for the owners of a privately owned business and the senior board members to dictate a style, a by-way, a corporate image.

If they, or Eddie D in our case, or the Glazers or any other person says to the manager "I want you to take a more attacking philosophy" or "I want you to not attack referee's the way you do" .... and ask "do you feel able to do that ?" what's wrong with that ?

If I were Abramovich I'd think it was reasonable to speak with Mourinho and say "I want to see a more attacking minded approach .... oh, & can you stop all this camera posturing you do ?" Why shouldn't he ? It's reasonable that he shouldn't pick the team or have a view on this full back or that midfielder on a match to match basis ... but why should he not request an overarching style ?
That is what Abramovich did. Mourinho left, they went through a shed load of other managers, never particularly playing football that was anymore attractive though they stayed broadly successful. Now Mourinho is back, supposedly because Abramovich learned the error of his ways.

Of course as owners it is acceptable to do whatever you want. The point is I don't think it is the right thing to do. If they don't subscribe to Allardyce's vision for how he believes West Ham need to play to stay up then get a manager who they share a vision with.

You appoint a manager as a football expert and that is the job they should be left to do. IF you feel you have to tell them who to buy and who to appoint then you have the wrong manager.

Essentially to me it shows the West Ham board are to cowardly to either A) Sack Allardyce and risk an appointment that might take them down or B) Tell their fans how it is.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed May 21, 2014 8:11 pm

I hope the fans get their way.

They've been in the wrong division for a while now.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu May 22, 2014 12:57 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:Tis nonsense.

Either he's the right manager or he isn't.

You can't ask him to do a job with a load of conditions that impinge on how he might tackle it. In the same way as I thought the whole "Owen can stay as manager as long as Sammy Lee is involved and he gets a new defensive coach" rumour was bobbins too.

If as a Board you believe the manager needs to change style or appoint someone and the manager hasn't seen that of his own volition then he isn't the right person to work for you.

Shows the West Ham board are scared of their fans but also scared of losing millions.

Should have just said "He's our manager, deal with it!".
Agreed and agreed. Never seen this sort of thing as anything other than a publicity stunt or a prelude to a swift sacking. Will it make their position any better re compensation etc if they show that they tried to help the manager they are about to sack by 'backing' him with a new coach?

On 2nd thoughts maybe that's a bit far down the conspiracy route and I'm talking bollocks. Has been known.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:20 pm

Meanwhile, Andy Carroll is out for 4 months.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:31 pm

jaffka wrote:Meanwhile, Andy Carroll is out for 4 months.
Just read that. Amazing .... He is to injury what Suarez is to suspension.

He is tremendously unfortunate. Not certain that I give a shit but nonetheless.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:31 pm

jaffka wrote:Meanwhile, Andy Carroll is out for 4 months.

oops!! Kevin Nolan announced (this week I think) that West Ham's season depended on Carroll's fitness...

:pissed:

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:41 pm

Could be an interesting few months for the unappy ammers

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:51 am

Surely a visit to KUMB to voice our concern at their plight will give them a filip. 8)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:05 am

Gravedigger wrote:Surely a visit to KUMB to voice our concern at their plight will give them a filip. 8)
One for Zulu I think. He's a member of KUMB.